Author Topic: Advantages to chicken, pork, fish...Anyone?  (Read 26414 times)

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Advantages to chicken, pork, fish...Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 03:43:55 am »
QUOTE:
Offline svrn
Mammoth Hunter

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 06:21:45 AM »
Just find well raised sources of chicken and pork and try them both. Eat whatever meat you are craving like I do. My staple is meat but when I crave chicken or pork I eat those as well. Its good to try more things so your body knows whats in those foods for when you are deficient in whatever that particular food contains.
REPLY:
I have enjoyed eating raw chicken and raw pork quite a bit fairly recently and am getting a terrific craving for raw pork at the moment, which is almost uncontrollable.    I really don't know how to manage without it?    I  am sure if I do go back to it I will then want to return to the raw chicken which I also love?   Perhaps I have just been spoiled!

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 11:46:44 pm »
I do eat chicken and fish raw, along with raw beef. I usually eat chicken or fish at lunch, and beef at dinner. I only eat frozen chicken, due to the high chance of parasites infection. The reason I eat chicken is because I want balance the red (higher cholesterol)  and white meat.  I found that chicken is more tender to chaw, and if the chicken is young, it taste very good as well.
I do not want to try pork yet, because the chance they are fed with various additives are high.

My tendency is to stick with beef in all its forms.  I am thinking about trying chicken or pork raw.  Can anyone tell me about different benefits they have had on chicken and pork or fish versus just beef?  While I find any form of beef totally appealing in the raw, the thought of raw chicken grosses me out.  Raw pork seems even more unappealing.  But I am wondering if this would add to my overall health and perhaps chicken and pork are more appealing when not cooked.   

I am writing this, too, b/c I do have those fears about "worms" from pork or weird stuff from raw fish.  But this doesn't really match with everything else b/c I am not a frequent hand washer, never worry about "catching" germs, and am not concerned in the slightest about eating raw meat.  Hopefully, listening to some of you can allay this.

What has been your experience with chicken, fish, or pork in raw form?  I wonder if I would like it better b/c chicken is not very appealing to me, nor is pork.  And fish, of course, I have eaten raw, but for some reason, the past two times I have had sashimi, I felt like I was going to throw up later that night.  And this is unusual for me b/c I can eat REALLY old meat and never feel sick. 

I am very inspired reading on this site.  I did raw foods for several years, then went back to regular eating, and am on close to ZC now.  I am finding that raw feels so much lighter, and I need much less to feel satisfied.  This is a great thing!

Offline DarkMonk81

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 07:58:39 pm »
So far I haven't found an animal, bird etc. I don't prefer to eat raw.... I think the advantage to eating smaller critters like chicken, fish, rabbit etc. is the price. They are often much cheaper and can make my beef and pork go further. The advantage to pork itself imo is they are a great source of some amazing tasting fat. (and lots of it)

The funny thing about this whole parasite thing is the only person I know that got worms was my son and that was on a average Canadian Diet not from eating raw meat.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:29 am »
Delighted to hear you prefer all kinds of meat, poultry and fish raw to cooked.    Seeing some of the burnt offerings others are forced to endure you feel you are a member of an enlightened and privileged culture.   Pleased too you are not influenced by all the scaremongering so free to enjoy the full range of meats available including raw chicken and raw pork, both of which I find delicious.   I wondered if you have tried any of the rotten meats and fish as these have a stronger flavor which is very pleasant?   I find the more adventurous your tastes the more rewarding is the experience!

Offline DarkMonk81

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 11:18:47 am »
I just started with the high meat thing not too  long ago but it is actually very amazing and rewarding as you said... lol.. its true the more adventurous the better. Each time I'm aging things longer and longer and always eager to try new things. I just finished some high duck meat that was pretty amazing! I got high chicken on the go now and just started some beef today.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:04:01 pm by TylerDurden »

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 02:34:12 am »
Never thought of trying high duck meat before, but it could make it more tender and soften the stringy bits!   Have tried high chicken and liked that, also high beef.   Main interest is high fish, like the Inuit, which has a lovely cheesy texture.   Definitely improves the longer you keep it.   I keep my high items at room temperature so they go off more quickly and add previously rotted meat to encourage it to go off, and it cannot get too rotten to eat, but you can only wait sooooo long to try it!   I leave open top jam jars in the garage at slightly lower temperatures in there with meat or fish lying in the bottom.   Provided it does not dry out too quickly and keeps moist it should go off quite well.   Interested to hear of your other experiments?

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 01:15:14 am »
    Read Aajonus' newsletter archives.  He studied mercury and fish eating.  You'll have answers there.  Did your carber friend eat their carbs cooked?  How about their muscle meats?  Fats?

I eat raw chicken, raw duck and raw pork.  I ate raw pork tonight, not uncommon for me.  I bought raw chicken yesterday to eat today.  I used to eat more raw chicken.  I liked it better.  I eat more raw pork at the moment.  I like that better.  When I first started I ate more raw fish for my meat.  I liked that.  I have not liked raw beef yet.  I do like raw buffalo.  I do not like raw deer.

Raw "white" meats help calm.  Raw red meats give you iron.  Raw fish can help your nervous system and glands.  That journal sounds like an excellent way to learn and teach.

I think this is excellent and I really appreciate it!

Thanks for posting the original thread! I have been wanting to ask the same questions, just havent gotten around to it yet. This is great!!! Thanks everyone for your incredible input!

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 01:20:30 am »
Huge tape worms coming out of pigs faces?! Yuck!!! -v -v -v -v -v -v

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 05:03:53 am »
I find that most fish is too bland and light, and I don't enjoy the texture much. I have the same problem with skinless chicken breast. However, if I marinate these meats in lemon juice, they become really tasty. The fish usually turns softer and mushier, but very tasty, and the chicken breast turns firm for some reason, and has a much chewier texture that I really like. Plus the taste improves a lot.

Fish eyes are pretty tasty however, and sometimes are amazing. They seem to be better and sweeter when the fish is very fresh, they even taste almost like fatty berries sometimes. Fish organs are disgusting, they're one of the most bitter things in the world.

Chicken legs/thighs, the organs and the bone marrow I really enjoy as is. I haven't had conventional chicken yet, and I don't think I will. But some people claim to like it.

Most cuts of pork are really tasty too, especially if it's organic.

From beef I've only had conventional grain finished. The lean meats are tasty (though not ask much as organic pork or organic chicken), but the fat is usually pretty disgusting. Some of the fat will be okay sometimes, but most will be almost inedible in my opinion. By contrast, pork fat is pretty tasty, and it will only taste bad if it's from conventional pork, and then again only some of it will taste bad, maybe like 50%. Or it will only start tasting bad after you had more than a little.

Rabbit isn't bad, but it's too lean. Rabbit brain is pretty good, but you only get a tiny amount of it per rabbit. I haven't noticed a lot of difference between conventional and organic rabbit. They were probably both fed the same all-grain diet. It tastes almost identical to chicken, minus most of the fat. And the meat is a bit more firm.

Conventional goat I don't particularly enjoy, but it's edible.

Conventional lamb is pretty good.

Oysters can either be a mouth watering gift from the gods, or really yucky things that you eat only because you spent so much money on them. It's hard to get the good ones. I'd say I only get good ones about 20% of the time I buy them.

Squid is amazing. Well, most of it is. The tentacles, mouth and eyes are. The "body" is only good if you remove the skin, otherwise it tastes pretty bad. Oh and the organs are as bad as fish organs.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 05:09:19 am »
  And fish, of course, I have eaten raw, but for some reason, the past two times I have had sashimi, I felt like I was going to throw up later that night.  And this is unusual for me b/c I can eat REALLY old meat and never feel sick.

Did you have it from a sushi place? And was it pink salmon? Because most pink salmon is farmed, and even wild pink salmon might be genetically contaminated by escaped GMO salmon from farmed operations.

Did you have the sashimi with the usual soy sauce and fake wasabi? Because it could also have been that that made you ill.

I haven't had wild pink salmon, but I used to be a big fan of cooked farmed pink salmon, and then later of farmed pink salmon sashimi, until I stopped adding the soy sauce and wasabi, and tasted it raw on its own, and realized that it didn't taste good at all.

In either case, not all meats are for everybody. Some people swear by fish and will eat an almost entirely fish based diet if they can get enough fresh fish. Others like me find that fish doesn't satisfy us much. And then again our tastes do change and from time to time a fish eater might want some red meat, or a red meat eater may want only fish for a while.

In my experience, women tend to prefer fish more often than men, while men tend to prefer red meat more often than women. But it's not always like that.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk