Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Info / News Items / Announcements

Video on costs (and benefits) of cooking food

(1/1)

Projectile Vomit:
I am planning on producing, in the near future, a video on the costs and benefits of cooking. I want it to be honest and thorough, at least as far as naming all of the costs and benefits. What are some points that folks would particularly like me to research and touch on in the vid?

norawnofun:
I´m not sure if the benefits of cooked foods are well received here  ;D but things such as bone or meat broth, and apparently enhanced "bioavailability" of cooking foods like tomatoes, spinach.. might be of interest. then things such as certain herbal teas, herbal tonic drinks could be interesting. Stews might be the least problematic cooked foods as the water might retain quite a good amount of the vitamins, minerals and what not, but that´s just speculative.

dariorpl:
The only benefits I would grant are social, taste related, long-term food preservation, to help keep warm in the winter, and for stopping detoxes. Also the allowing of consuming unnatural foods to provent starvation.

I think most if not all of the so-called "benefits" of nutrient availability are just a way for you to absorb something you're not supposed to, or worse, absorb something in a way that is chemically altered and harmful.

norawnofun:
I agree with the first 3. pemmican could be in the list of food preservation as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version