Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Welcoming Committee

new member from the philippines

(1/1)

kelpguy:
hi everyone
i've been reading the forum for a couple of months and feel i should introduce myself.
i used to read the rawpaleodiet yahoo group but i didn't follow the group to this site cuz i haven't had decent internet access until recently.

i started my raw journey in 1979; the wigmore, kulvinskas, walker days. i was a newbie vegetarian at the time and i started off the adventure doing a 9 day cooked juice fast and (oppss) i found myself down to 115# (i'm 5'10'') and feeble; i needed help to get up off the floor, that's when i started my raw journey and i was back on my feet running a chainsaw in less than a month.

i'm 77yo now, no aces or pains, still climbing trees and enjoying life in the tropics.  i'd say ''raw works.''

i've been all or mostly raw throughout the journey; no sicknesses other than head colds, etc.  i haven't been to a doctor since age 26, except for a motorcycle accident 13 years ago, and dentists and an eye doctor but i've recently started having a bloated belly which prompted me to start a paleo journey to see if the bloating decreased. 

a couple of months ago, i slowly started eating more raw flesh/fats and less plants/fruit with only a few minor discomforts while my system adjusted to the new regime and i'm happy to report that the bloating is minimal to none now.  i'm amazed at how little i can eat and have the same or more energy than i was experiencing on a high raw fruit/veggie diet.

i'm currently living in the filipines and have good access to local no-spray veggies and fruits, filipino style grass-fed meats and fresh wild caught sea foods.

many thanks to all members for posting their journals and trails and errors on the forum; it's very inspiring. 

looking forward to a raw paleo adventure...

ps... i wrote the above more than a month ago so i need to update; maybe start a journal.

goodsamaritan:
Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version