Author Topic: Couple die of bubonic plague after eating raw marmot meat  (Read 4426 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Couple die of bubonic plague after eating raw marmot meat
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:09:57 am »
Tyler, what do you think of this?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 02:01:17 pm »
Tyler, what do you think of this?
Not sure. Admittedly, since those afflicted certainly ate mostly cooked otherwise, then they would be more vulnerable to infection given poor bacteria-levels in the gut etc. It's probably not an issue for RVAFers as domesticated meat is always checked in developed countries by vets so that infected meat does not reach the consumer. Even wild meats sold in shops have been vetted beforehand. I suppose if one is a RVAF-eating hunter who does not notice signs of infection on an animal or who primarily hunts rodents , then that might be a problem at some stage, but that's all rather unlikely.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 07:44:41 pm »
I was researching it last night and apparently, the only way that the bubonic plague is diagnosed is by the presence of this bacteria (yersinia) in body fluids.  They should take blood samples of the people who ate the wild rodent but didn't get bubonic plague. I bet they would find the bacteria in the people who didn't get sick as well.  Then that would knock back the theory of germ-induced disease.  I bet they didn't take any samples from the healthy people.  Why aren't they more thorough?

It also reminded me of something - I once read a chapter from a book called "Survival of the Sickest."  It said that most people of Western European descent developed a mutation that helped them survive the plague.  The mutation, however, results in a disease called hemochromatosis - this is excessive iron in the blood.  But somehow this disease helped Europeans survive the plague, so it is passed down to people today who are of Western European descent.  The ones who died from eating the wild meat that had the yersinia bacteria - did they have European ancestry?  Or another ancestry that didn't develop the mutation to help survive the plague?

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 10:06:57 am »
I was researching it last night and apparently, the only way that the bubonic plague is diagnosed is by the presence of this bacteria (yersinia) in body fluids.  They should take blood samples of the people who ate the wild rodent but didn't get bubonic plague. I bet they would find the bacteria in the people who didn't get sick as well.  Then that would knock back the theory of germ-induced disease.  I bet they didn't take any samples from the healthy people.  Why aren't they more thorough?

It also reminded me of something - I once read a chapter from a book called "Survival of the Sickest."  It said that most people of Western European descent developed a mutation that helped them survive the plague.  The mutation, however, results in a disease called hemochromatosis - this is excessive iron in the blood.  But somehow this disease helped Europeans survive the plague, so it is passed down to people today who are of Western European descent.  The ones who died from eating the wild meat that had the yersinia bacteria - did they have European ancestry?  Or another ancestry that didn't develop the mutation to help survive the plague?

Smart

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 12:01:30 am »
These articles always seem dubious, there is no corroborating evidence, not photoes of the victims, no background health information, absolutely nothing at all that would give a better picture of what actually happened. There is this pretentious insinuation that people who are otherwise perfectly healthy are instantly killed dead after a brief exposure to a particular germ, and I am calling Bullshit. Look deeper into these cases any you will almost always find that these people are in some way already compromised, and are so susceptible to illness that the common cold would have killed them just as easily as some phantom plague.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:53 am »
Hmm, sounds dodgy. Nurses have told me that giving blood is a good idea as the human body regularly  over-produces iron in the blood in order to counter parasitic infestations. Ethnic Kazakhs would have some European ancestry but not necessarily that much, especially if in Mongolia.
" Ron Paul.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 05:02:44 am »
Nurses have told me that giving blood is a good idea as the human body regularly  over-produces iron in the blood in order to counter parasitic infestations.

You should also raise other people's children and go fight other people's wars, Mr. Cuck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk