Author Topic: Current view on zero/low carb?  (Read 26884 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Current view on zero/low carb?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 08:13:05 pm »
I'm guessing you didn't eat enough fat. ( especially if you relied on expensive marrow bones for fat )   I recently cut back on my meat consumption and increased fat.  So easy to think we need large portions of meat when reading other's accounts.  Also for the last two weeks have cut out salt.  No longer have problems with water not quenching my thirst.  At first everything was bland.  But after a few days the taste buds reignited.  Feel much lighter as a result. 
    One experiment you can try is to catch your urine and look for sediment, which in my case appeared to be uric acid crystals, as a resultant from excess protein.  Let it sit for a few hours to see what settles.

what type of slat did u eat before u cut it off from ur diet?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 03:53:52 pm »
Currently, nothing much varied:- bananas, blueberries/raspberries, avocadoes, watermelons, oranges, garlic, radishes, wild garlic leaves. Sometimes raw brazil nuts. That sort of thing.

What kind of quantity of fruit do you normally eat in a day, and do you ever worry about cavities from the sugars or do you brush most days? I have access to free blueberries at my workplace albeit they are not organic, and for some time I would consume approxamitly 150-250 grams in a sitting once a day 3-4 days a week but It seems on those days that I can feel plaque building up on my teeth while when I'm only eating animal foods they feel completely smooth for days without brushing.

Outside of the blueberries my diet is mostly raw beef and suet, though maybe 1 to 2 times a week lately I crave raw cheese and will go buy half a pound or so and eat it all at once, normally Roquefort is my go to. I find I just don't crave many vegetables raw anymore or if I do I only like them much if I put salt on them.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 08:46:41 pm »
I don't have that much variety of raw fruit. I mainly concentrate on one 1 large meal of raw meat/raw animal fat, and sometimes have berries or bananas or watermelon, for example. I focus on the raw fruit being raw and unprocessed but only sometimes go in for organic fruit.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 04:16:33 am »
I didn't feel well on very low carb after some time.. realized by accident that increasing carb intake improved my well-being. I experimented by eating some cooked rice, which helped at first, but caused problems after some week. I figured out that eating some cooked meat (I ate only raw for nearly a year at that time) had the same positive effects as the rice / increased carbs. So maybe it was a too low calorie issue.
Anyway, I have the impression that women more often have problems with low carb? At least I heard of many women reporting that, they were not raw paleo diet followers though.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 11:39:06 pm »
I feel good on a carnivore diet for about 3 weeks but after that I need to add in some raw fruit and vegetables. To me carnivore is a good reset but I don't seem to thrive on it long term

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2019, 10:15:53 pm »
I feel good on a carnivore diet for about 3 weeks but after that I need to add in some raw fruit and vegetables. To me carnivore is a good reset but I don't seem to thrive on it long term

i believe we need fiber to flush out metabolic waste
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:11 pm »
A lot of people would disagree with you but I'm not one of them.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 11:57:44 am »
What raw plant foods do you recommend for carb refeeding? I was thinking on plantains (maybe boil them because they are hard to digest)

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2019, 04:21:42 am »
What raw plant foods do you recommend for carb refeeding? I was thinking on plantains (maybe boil them because they are hard to digest)

Berries seem to be a good choice, at least many people recommend so, they seem to be tolerated well, don't spike blood sugar / insulin much and our early ancestors already ate them, meaning they are one of the more natural plant foods. Especially if you can pick them yourself.
Regarding fruits I would chose those that don't spike blood sugar / insulin too much.
Also coconuts and cucumbers are plant carb foods like minded people are ok with.
I was doing fine with Kiwis when I reintroduced plant foods (and therefore carbs other than raw milk) in my diet.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 01:02:09 am »
i believe we need fiber to flush out metabolic waste

After months of raw zero carb I agree with you. Fiber and fat are necessary to clean metabolic waste, especially if you have an already damaged and slow gut.

Offline owsleytest

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2019, 01:53:23 am »
I find that raw fat plays a similar role to fiber by cleansing the intestine. Fiber feels much too abrasive and unnecessary.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 09:06:57 pm »
After years of raw zero carb, I would agree with Tyler that fat can be used to cleanse the intestines instead of fiber.

Personally, fiber has caused me issues in the past.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 06:15:01 am »
Insoluble fiber is what hurts. Soluble fiber is the good one.

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 01:23:09 pm »
Insoluble fiber is what hurts. Soluble fiber is the good one.

Soluble is always accompanied by insoluble afaik.? That might still be problematic. I think for a lot people "meat and water" simply doesn't work. I tried it too many times with different approaches. It might Work better for me and others if I could go into Nature like Stefansson and live off of highest quality, wild (sea) mammals/animals. That might make a difference. For some people with less severe digestive issues "meat and water" might work. Still questionable if people (like Amber O'Hearn) are "thriving" on it. As it is hard to deny that she is clearly overweight and not physically "thriving". But the point is her ZC diet didn't fix that isssue for her at least. A good visible example for most and then there are probably thousands or more untold cases of ZC not working. And also the adaptation/detox-people are funny as hell. I think for adaption/detox if the diet really works a month should be enough for most to at least feel better like in Stefanssons case. Otherwise it is simply not working for reasons unknown.

Offline On a Quest, you want in?

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »
I think the "anti nutrients" in plant foods have been demonized. Maybe they have there place .

Offline LoneWolf

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2019, 01:46:45 am »
I think the "anti nutrients" in plant foods have been demonized. Maybe they have there place .

That’s something I’ve been wondering too. Perhaps they serve a purpose, for example, maybe to help limit iron absorption.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk