Author Topic: Does anyone eat chicken? Thinking about eating chicken liver & heart. Safe?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline fireball

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I've read online that when eating raw meats it's best to stick to animals like cow and lambs avoiding animals like pigs and chicken. Do any of you eat raw chicken regularly? What are your thoughts on eating raw chicken liver and heart? If you do a google search for 'chicken liver health risks raw', you find pages like this:

Beware of undercooked chicken livers
http://theconversation.com/beware-of-undercooked-chicken-livers-65609

It is to do with the 'Campylobacter' bacteria.

Would you risk eating raw chicken liver and heart?

I actually eat bits of raw pork every week. I make my meat order online as there are no organic butchers in my city. I order pork bones to make bone broth and there is always some meat left on the bones that I eat. I've not felt anything bad from it.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
You seem to be scaring yourself to death before you feed yourself up to recover!    Just take all the usual precautions and look at views on the Forum.   Most of us have tried raw chicken, rotten chicken and very rotten chicken and enjoyed the distinctive flavour.    Not necessarily a good choice at the beginning - but not one to overlook with experience.    Raw pork is another one likely to stir the conscience ----- but you have already tried that.    Theme through all the reported experiences on this Forum is to enjoy what you eat!   

Offline fireball

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I agree with you! I really didn't want to make another post but I had to. Have you tried raw chicken liver or heart though? ;)

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Have enjoyed eating raw chicken, rotten raw chicken and very rotten raw chicken, and obtained the raw chicken from supermarket and similar sources, with and without the skin on.   Had problem in 1991 which it was suggested was attributed to chicken, but no trouble since then.    Suggest you look in the Forum for other contributor's experiences by simply entering your food choice in the box at the top of the page.   Not recommended for Newbies who have own information on a page, though they may adopt it later in their experience.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Just seen your article which considers UNDERCOOKED CHICKEN which has always been regarded as potentially risky.    I was talking about completely RAW chicken.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I agree with you! I really didn't want to make another post but I had to. Have you tried raw chicken liver or heart though? ;)

I have, many many times and it's by far the best parts. I haven't had them as a meal in themselves though, since they are so small and each bird naturally only comes with one, I only had them as small side dishes to a chicken meal.

*I realize this post is 6 months old
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk