Author Topic: feeling ill from eating a pound of rare pork ribs yesterday. Any advice?  (Read 11303 times)

Offline marcopontual

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

so I have been just fascinated with this WOE since I came in contact with it last week, so I started a somewhat raw paleo 6 days ago.

Day 1: raw beef liver, cooked eggs, avocado, coconut water and cheese
Day after effect: feeling good. A little diarrhea the day after but nothing that bothered be. Darker feces btw.

Day 2: raw beef heart, butter, cooked eggs, some coconut water (I live in Brazil, plenty of that)
Day after effect: feeling good as well, amazed we can eat like that and not drop dead as we're led to believe since childhood. Still some diarrhea.

Day 3: beef heart leftovers, cooked duck eggs, cooked tailbone, avocado, soft coconut whites
Day after effect: feeling good, still amazed by the diet. Feces starting to harden.

Day 4: raw duck heart and liver, blood, cooked duck, raw duck eggs, raw steak.
Day after effect: feeling good and shitted (pardon my French) the most beautiful stool I've shat in a while. Dark, firm and left my behind totally clean.

Day 5: raw sardines, raw chicken and duck eggs, coconut water
Day after effect: feeling good.

Day 6: raw eggs, a little papaya, raw sardines leftovers and a pound of undercooked (40 minutes medium heat) home-grown fatty pork ribs.
Day after effect: bad night of sleep, tossing and turning quite a lot. In the morning I go to the bathroom and... explosive diarrhea. After diarrhea I feel weak, somewhat fainty. I have a fast peak of fever where I sweat from every pore of my body for 5 minutes and then it goes away. I get a little panicky thinking oh god oh god why don't I listen to common sense and do these experimentations on myself oh god oh god I hope this is not the end of me. But that goes away a couple of minutes later. So I go back to bed feeling weak and slightly feverish, turn up the AC and stay under the covers until 9:30 am (I usually get up at 6:30).

I've been hydrating myself now with coconut water since I got up, and had a little spoon of raw honey. I feel like I'm recovering. Still burping pork, feeling nauseated by it and slightly (really slightly) concerned I might have gotten something serious.

Could it be just that I ate too much of a somewhat new and super fat thing? It wasn't even very raw ffs...

Anyway, I'm looking for some encouraging (and realistic, of course) words (perhaps possible causes, similar experiences...), since anyone around me (family, friends) will just say that it's a simple consequence of me being a moron adopting a dangerous and irresponsible WOE

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:20:28 pm by marcopontual »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: feeling ill from eating a pound of rare pork ribs yesterday. Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:25:14 pm »
Sounds like a genuine detox to me. Look, you have been eating cooked, processed foods, with all their toxins,  for decades prior to going rawpalaeo. Do you seriously think there won't be any consequences for that? Take my own experience:- after years of eating cooked/processed foods, then going  raw vegan/fruitarian/sproutarian, I  switched to rawpalaeodiets, and, after cutting out all raw dairy, I had very green diarrhea  c. every half-hour for 2-3 days. This detox allowed some toxins to be  expunged from my body.  Then, every 2-4 months, I would experience  a detox in the form of mild flu-like symptoms, which  would last from 2-7 days, and would, over time, decrease in terms of frequency, duration and severity until, after c. 2-3 years, it was over. I still experience detox(like a sort of hangover) if I eat any non-rawpalaeo foods or liquids, but eating high-meat usually greatly reduced symptoms thereof.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline marcopontual

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 09:33:48 pm »
Sounds like a genuine detox to me. Look, you have been eating cooked, processed foods, with all their toxins,  for decades prior to going rawpalaeo. Do you seriously think there won't be any consequences for that? Take my own experience:- after years of eating cooked/processed foods, then going  raw vegan/fruitarian/sproutarian, I  switched to rawpalaeodiets, and, after cutting out all raw dairy, I had very green diarrhea  c. every half-hour for 2-3 days. This detox allowed some toxins to be  expunged from my body.  Then, every 2-4 months, I would experience  a detox in the form of mild flu-like symptoms, which  would last from 2-7 days, and would, over time, decrease in terms of frequency, duration and severity until, after c. 2-3 years, it was over. I still experience detox(like a sort of hangover) if I eat any non-rawpalaeo foods or liquids, but eating high-meat usually greatly reduced symptoms thereof.

Thanks for the reply.

Isn't it weird though that precisely when I introduce pork (and a shitload of it at once) I get these symptoms? I mean things were apparently going nice and dandy with raw eggs, beef and fish...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 11:20:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Isn't it weird though that precisely when I introduce pork (and a shitload of it at once) I get these symptoms? I mean things were apparently going nice and dandy with raw eggs, beef and fish...
Not really. A detox can happen at any time. Some RVAFers do not experience them at all, seemingly(usually people who long-term-fasted before to get the toxins out or people who were very healthy to begin with), others experience them only a few weeks after going rvaf. Remember, that we all have different genetics, different health-issues etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 02:31:44 am »
This is not detox. You caught something. I would never recommend eating pork, or any other mammal that is an omnivore, raw. They can carry trichinosis, which can cause a lot of problems for you both near-term and longer-term. To deal with the stomach and intestinal upset (most likely caused by something else, not trich), I suggest sipping on apple cider vinegar intermittently throughout the day. I got salmonella once from eating raw chicken, and used that method to knock it right down.

Offline marcopontual

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 04:50:01 am »
This is not detox. You caught something. I would never recommend eating pork, or any other mammal that is an omnivore, raw. They can carry trichinosis, which can cause a lot of problems for you both near-term and longer-term. To deal with the stomach and intestinal upset (most likely caused by something else, not trich), I suggest sipping on apple cider vinegar intermittently throughout the day. I got salmonella once from eating raw chicken, and used that method to knock it right down.

Could you elaborate a little bit on what you eat raw carefree? All beef/fish/dairy and the rest you cook?

Also the sardines I ate yesterday were left outside the fridge (in a sealed container) the entire day prior to my eating it. This is also only my third day eating plenty of raw eggs. Any chance these might be involved with it? Also I did not eat it totally raw, I ate it after leaving it in the oven for some good 40 minutes on medium temp

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 04:55:02 am »
Trichinosis is  very rare in developed countries due to constant checks and deworming by farmers. However, in places like Vietnam, it's still around albeit rarer than previous centuries.
" Ron Paul.

Offline marcopontual

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 09:12:56 am »
Just one last thing: my mother said that when she got into the kitchen the smell of rotten fish from the sardines was very predominant. I ate it without giving it a second thought because I reasoned: if people eat high meat from fish that is a month old or more, these sardines here, even if they’re rotting, shouldn’t cause me any trouble.

Is there an error in my logic? Is it possible, for instance, that a recently rotten fish is not that ok to eat whilst an older fish is?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »
Could you elaborate a little bit on what you eat raw carefree? All beef/fish/dairy and the rest you cook?

I eat ruminants (cattle, goats, sheep, deer, etc.) raw without worrying, and poultry if I kill and prepare them myself. I also eat eggs raw without worrying. I rarely eat dairy. Meat from omnivores I cook.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Does high meat help with killing something like Salmonella? Has anyone ever tried something like that?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
1st thing - I avoid raw pork.  I cannot vouch for the cleanliness of my sources, or the parasites that come with pork.

2nd - with food poisoning this is my protocol:

- 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal in a tall glass of water, mix and drink it all.
- after 30 minutes take 60ml of castor oil.

Poop out your guts in a few hours.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline On a Quest, you want in?

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile

Also the sardines I ate yesterday were left outside the fridge (in a sealed container) the entire day prior to my eating it. This is also only my third day eating plenty of raw eggs. Any chance these might be involved with it? Also I did not eat it totally raw, I ate it after leaving it in the oven for some good 40 minutes on medium temp
If the fish is 48 hours old I would not bother eating it. Fresh fish under 8 hours is great

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile

Tyler , do you believe in the "detox" theory? It does make more sense that a build up of environmental and cooked food stores in the body and then is released . Usually the same time of year.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
More or less.
" Ron Paul.

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
More or less.
Cool, so you're prepared to go through certain flu's, colds and flush outs without intervention? What do you do when you have a flu and are burning up?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Cool, so you're prepared to go through certain flu's, colds and flush outs without intervention? What do you do when you have a flu and are burning up?
Just let it happen.I might do that eucalyptus-oil-in boiling water trick with my head in a towel hung over the big metal  bowl. That's all.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk