Author Topic: Bone density, liver and kidney health  (Read 5600 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Bone density, liver and kidney health
« on: November 11, 2019, 04:21:37 am »
Hi all,

Did anybody test their bone density, kidney and liver health before beginning to eat raw animal products, especially in large quantities?

According to some authors, large amounts of proteins(both raw and cooked), above 1g/kg/day will stress the liver and kidneys and can cause bone loss, since excess aminoACIDS need to be neutralized with calcium and/or sodium(bones are the largest calcium and sodium stores)...

I am curious if anybody tested these 'metrics'

I had a period, when for a few years I ate 500g raw meat/day, 18- 30 raw eggs per day, 1 liter raw milk per day, i had no teeth issues at all, zero carries, but I did feel like all my muscles were filled with acid, I was stiff, inflexible, joints cracking a lot...

but these symptoms might not be connected to the large intake of proteins.. maybe they are the cause... who know.. this is why I ask...
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline kelpguy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Bone density, liver and kidney health
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:36 am »
i've been reading the archives for about a year and notice mostly positive posts about bone density, finger nails and teeth.

here's the results of a bone density search in lex's journal:
https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/index.php?action=search2

i thot i was getting stiff after cutting back on my green food and fruit intake and increasing my RAF intake but i wasn't very physically active during that period so i'm not  sure if it was food or inactivity related.  and i'm really not eating all that much RAF; 3 eggs, 35g suet and a mix of ~150g; 3 parts beef, 3 pts suet, 2pts heart and 2pt kidney and liver per day.

i did notice that my finger nail growth slowed down and muscle cramps increased.  i increased salt and the cramps lessened but then my feet swelled so i reduced salt and the swelling reduced but i still get an occasional cramp; seems there's a fine line between too little and too much salt for me.

i was working in the garden this am and the ends of my finger nails rolled under so it looks like i need to make some changes in diet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk