Author Topic: Eating raw conventional supermarket meat  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating raw conventional supermarket meat
« on: January 12, 2020, 02:21:25 am »
Hey guys. Have you done this and would like to share your experiences? Especially raw conventional poultry.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating raw conventional supermarket meat
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 02:39:33 am »
Yes, it's usually not a problem, if it's all you can get it's still much better than no meat or cooked foods.

However, I suggest avoiding ground meat (you never know what's in there) and beware of expensive cuts that might have meat glue. Also keep in mind when something is on sale, it's probably frozen and thawed.

Conventional chicken is pretty gross, and might give you issues, especially if you're new to this lifestyle. The first time I tried it, back when I was a cooked food eater, I had salmonella or whatever it was, that lasted for 2 months.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:45:57 am »
What do you mean by "meat glue"?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 11:25:26 am »
I have eaten some supermarket beef liver raw and I haven't had a problem yet.  I usually just eat some small pieces.  I've also had grass-fed beef liver. 

Can't say about poultry; I'm still dipping my toes into eating like this...

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »
Grain fed chicken has never made me feel sick so far, it's also alot less acidic to me than red meats.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 06:49:00 pm »
Grain fed chicken has never made me feel sick so far, it's also alot less acidic to me than red meats.

It's not just being grain fed but being pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and vaccines, being on a 24 hour a day light schedule, packed in tight conditions where they never see the sun, breathe fresh air and sometimes can't even walk.

And to top it all off, before the bird is sold to you, after being butchered, it's submerged in a liquid full of toxic chemicals meant to kill bacteria. Of course they don't care if that kills you, too.

Offline madnomad

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 12:03:01 pm »
I started out eating a little supermarket lamb liver but I wouldn't recommend it as nearly any decent sized town should have a local butcher or two where you can get better quality fresher meat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk