Author Topic: Are we hard core health hobbyists?  (Read 7217 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Are we hard core health hobbyists?
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:25 pm »
I was socializing this afternoon and some folks in our organization had gotten into some health supplements and changes in their lifestyle... you know, the beginners, when they are sick they are forced into it and good things happen to them.

It occurred to me that the lifestyle we are all trying to do is idealistically the cleanest, most nutritious pinnacle lifestyle most of the masses would not want to do, but at the same time, they want the best health possible. 

It occurred to me, that we may be some of the most hard core health hobbyists around.  What do you think?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Are we hard core health hobbyists?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:37:42 am »
definitely

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:02:03 am »
I never though of it as a hobby.  I've just learned over the years that no one is more concerned about my health than me.  The medical profession is far more concerned with performing billable procedures regardless of their benefit to the patient.

Lex

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 02:44:56 pm »
The medical industry has no incentive to cure because they don't get paid to cure you. They get paid to treat you. And when their drugs keep you week and sickly thay get paid to treat you more.

Offline d leh

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:47:50 pm »
if everyone was well and healthy the whole medical system would just go bankrupt..no ills ppl = no expensive procedures,no toxic pills e.t.c.

Offline RawpaleoHealthdiet

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 11:37:24 pm »
Yes lol everwher I go I refer to myself as a health consultant I have no doubt in my mind that everyone here is a genuis. We know more about health than physicans can dream of. Yes I know I just came here but I have been reading here and a lot of places for a long time.
Twitter.com/healthdiets

My blog
http://freedomforcreation.posterous.com/

Offline RawpaleoHealthdiet

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 03:18:21 am »
 In fact I am part of a site called journik.com made by the daoist teacher wan at youtube.com/yogameditation he talks about techniques that help advance the level and health of people who are eating wrong. He was talking about immortality. See how this relates to us. He uses daoist immortality techniques of longevity, these are just ways to make you super healthy. Only problem is that i am the only raw foodist on the site. The site hold some of the greatest minds on earth. Yet most don't know or fully agree with paleo diet principles.
  Right now the owner of the site is giving out business advice. I want to create a team of super health experts. Right now he is focusing on health and wants people who are health experts to be componated so he created videos on marketing on how he made toooooons of money.I am using these techinques. I am forming a team. I sometimes cannot fully remember some raw paleo advice. I call myself an expert on diet and health. But I relize I cannot do this alone, I have been looking at various forms so I have been taking in the advice of thousands of people. Combined with daoist esoteric theories (chakras if any of your know).

These are the thoeries that wan taught. How everything in life is realated to your body. If you ever wanted to know the truth about JING and how horse stance helps your fighting I know all of that. Wan taught me. Everyone on this site is a genuis so I will give anyone on this site who wants it an invitation. I have a health blog. By combining raw paleo thoeries with the daoist esoteric and practical daoist thoeries. I plan to be the next wan look at youtube.com/yogameditation

He got rich teaching what he knew about true daoist theory and martial arts
Now I need raw paleo experts on my team lets do it.
Twitter.com/healthdiets

My blog
http://freedomforcreation.posterous.com/

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 06:32:34 am »
RawPaleoHealthDiet,
Sorry but I have zero interest in setting myself up as a diet guru - especially for money.  My posts on this forum are free and open to all who are interested, and and anyone is free to ask me a question via a PM, my published e-mail address, or through a post in my Journal.  In any case, I seldom give recommendations and limit my comments to my personal experiences and my reasoning (right or wrong) behind the results.  Everyone is then free to take whatever value they find in my ramblings and do with them whatever they wish.

I wish you the best with your endevor, but since it was the diet gurus that led me down the garden path to ill health in the first place, I have no wish to join their ranks.

Lex

Offline dizzybee6

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:03 am »
i'va always noticed that what the masses do we should always do the opposite of. so seems like we are on a good track

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:18:34 pm »
When I started getting into diet, there's all these people that know about obscure supplements and can back every life decision up with a pub med reference.

I started thinking that I have to go down that route to have an optimum diet and taking supplements, but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. There's always studies coming up saying that somethings now harmful that they thought was ok, white is the new black etc. and it all gets ridiculously complicated trying to work out WTF to eat and expensive if you want to buy all the supplements that will make you into a superhuman.

Don't get me wrong, thinking about what you do is good, but I'd like nothing better than to forget about diet for a while...there is a learning curve with raw paleo and probably experimentation with what's right for you, but hopefully it will all work out simpler. Even if it turns out to only give 90% of the benefit of taking all those supplements, it would be well worth it for me to get on with other things in my life.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 07:43:09 pm »
I was so sick I could not go on with my life to do other things until I fixed my health real good.  Now that I've gotten past the adjustment period, I have much better health than I ever did and can do many things in my life now.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:26:15 pm »
I didn't mean any offense mate. If you're ill it's natural to research stuff, I did. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:56 pm »
No offense taken.
I'm happy for you and many people on this forum who are into raw paleo to improve on their already healthy selves.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk