Author Topic: Paleo Diet for Heart Disease  (Read 2119 times)

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Paleo Diet for Heart Disease
« on: January 29, 2020, 03:08:56 am »
This may be a hot topic, I'm not sure.
I'm curious if anyone has any sources of information on reversing heart disease with a paleo diet containing meat. 
It seems there are a lot of stories coming out about veganism harming people, I have no doubt they are true.  But the one thing that a plant-based diet does help with is heart disease reversal.  People with heart disease have benefited from plant-based diets. 
I don't believe a vegan diet is natural, though. 
So I'm wondering, if someone has heart disease or symptoms of it, how would it be remedied on a meat-containing diet?  Are there stories of reversing it with the paleo diet?  When I say heart disease I don't mean the "little symptoms" like high blood pressure (which I think is easily remedied with a paleo diet); I mean arterioscloersis - hardening of the arteries/clogged arteries.  How does one reverse this without a plant-based diet?

I was reading an old blog post today on perfecthealthdiet.com and it said that its possible that all chronic diseases are potentially caused by infections.  So if heart disease is caused by a pathogen, then maybe the "paleo" answer would be to increase foods containing vitamins A and D because they help the immune system. 

Thoughts?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Diet for Heart Disease
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 06:20:54 am »
In my experience, both a high animal fat (cooked) diet and a vegan (cooked) diet promote some form of heart disease, while a raw paleo diet slowly heals the condition.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Poppy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Diet for Heart Disease
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 08:20:28 am »
I've been wondering about this as well - the Kempner diet was just rice and sugar.  (Gross, can you imagine being fed that everyday?) But the deal there was it was so low calorie.  It was the low calories that made a big different in Diabetes / Heart Disease.  I suspect that it is the low calorie of a lot of Vegans that help protect them from the same diseases (although there are still cases within that community.)  Nathan Pritikin had the same deal, I have his books on my shelf and it was like, 500 calories per day and some vegetable snacks if a person was too hungry to cope.  He was renowned for healing heart issues.

I was in the Vegan community on and off for about ten years as I tried to heal my GI health issues.  There were so many anorexics.  If I had to guess, an extremely low calorie diet is the ticket, maybe not necessarily the food.  That's just a guess of course, but a decent guess. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk