Members' Journals > Journals

GoodSamaritan's Experiments

(1/72) > >>

goodsamaritan:
I've been on raw paleo for some 1.5+ years gradually going lower carb.

This time I will experiment with a mono diet of raw beef muscle, fat, bone marrow, liver and structured water of reverse osmosis + raw kalamansi.

Why beef? I have a good source of freshly killed daily (I live in the biggest metropolis near enough to the biggest high quality wet market)

Why reverse osmosis?  That's what we got at the water store made fresh daily and my TDS meter says it's fine around 6 TDS.

Why kalamansi?  This is what we got in place of lemons.  Lemons are used in the VCO detox, the zero carb, zero protein concoction against candida, so there should be minimal carbs in kalamansi, just enough to give my reverse osmosis water some structure and some minerals.

This evening on my way home from a social engagement I passed by the wet market to find the highest quality heavenly tasting cut of authentic "Batangas beef" sirloin, got it for 270 pesos per kilo.  I got 4 by 1/2 kilo slices. Some for the kids as well.  Got some fresh raw beef liver 1/2 kilo at 120 pesos per kilo.  To convert to US Dollars, divide by 48.50 = 5.57 USD per kilo = 2.53 USD per pound.  Is that cheap or expensive in your country?

I was hungry when I got home after walking and walking and taking the train during rush hour.

So my all beef diet started this evening.  I have decided this experiment will run from 1 to 2 weeks.

I'm thinking the body can do wonders with a mono diet because it has expectations of what is to come and knows what to do with it.  Let's see.

Thanks to Lex for this inspiration to experiment.

I have to learn what needs to be learned on a pure raw beef diet. 

I read there was a Dr. Salisbury who cured some of his patients with an all meat diet?

lex_rooker:
GS,
I wish you all the best in your experiment.  Just remember, a change of this magnitude may cause some initial problems such as constipation, or loose bowels, and low energy as your body adapts to the new diet.  Most everyone who has made the transition successfully has gone through the same thing, including me.

Your body has to go through significant changes to convert from burning glucose as its primary fuel, to burning fatty acids.  These changes must take place at all levels in the body from changes in enzyme production all the way down to mitochondria at the cellular level.  All this takes time.

Goodspeed,

Lex

wodgina:
Yeah 1 - 2 weeks for such I major shift is probably not long enough. You might get a head ache/feel spacey/ill. I would be interested to see how you though.

Roselene:
How many months did Dr Salisbury's experiment take to show good results?

I would think any major change in diet should run a couple of years to give it a good shot.  I'm sorry, but I would think so.

How about beef for two weeks, then another meet the next two weeks, and so on, to give near zero carb a go?

Nicola:

--- Quote from: lex_rooker on July 10, 2009, 12:56:54 am ---GS,

Your body has to go through significant changes to convert from burning glucose as its primary fuel, to burning fatty acids.  These changes must take place at all levels in the body from changes in enzyme production all the way down to mitochondria at the cellular level.  All this takes time.

Goodspeed,

Lex

--- End quote ---

Lex, I thought that with meat the body would be converting the protein to glucose like you said?

Nicola

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version