Author Topic: Raw meat doku  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Raw meat doku
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:17 pm »
Hi guys!
Sorry to have been away for so long but I got a little into trouble with a love affair and heart break and whatever life sent in my way, yeah.
Still eating the same and living the same way though, and recently German TV was at my place and did a documentary about how I eat. It is not 100% correct as I do not eat ONLY raw meat...lol I do eat lots of seafood and oysters, and also sometimes cook my food gently(mostly it is raw) and in summer I eat some veggies/greens and berries. I did tell the TV team this but they still tell in the video I eat "only raw meat". Yeah, TV..lol Also they to9ld I am 42 yo when I am 43, and I am norwegian and not finnish.. but whatever, most of the things they did get right :) :) It was a fun experience even if I really do not like being in front of the camera...grrr..
I recorded it with my camera and uploaded it on youtube because I think you can watch the original only in Germany. I am not sure though, you can find the original on Pro7/Galieo though.
Why I post it is, at the end at the doctors office, he told, after checking my arteries and bloodwork, that I am doing great- after 10 years of mostly raw meat diet. Cool :) So I am not dead yet eating rotten meat and tons of oysters..lol
so hier is the link to it;

https://youtu.be/T_PpXOdfe-s

I do think I have gotten a little too much iron from all that meat so I am now eating less meat and more seafood, some raw lamb cheese too.. and raw eggyolks. I am now in perimenopause and do not lose much blood as my period is way les often, so iron easily can start to accumulate. My ferritine was pretty high at 180. Doctor said it is no issue but I see it as one. So I am donating blood from now on, always when I can.
So sometimes you need to keep adjusting stuff when age changes or other things changes in your life :)

I am so glad I agreed to do the TV thing, because they paid all my bloodwork, and so I got to know my ferritine and I would never have even come to think I could have too much iron! Which do is a real issue for quite some people, mainly males though. I think about 3% of population in Scandinavia have a genetic issue that they collect iron more than well. I read it used to be a good thing and that is why this mutation happened (forgot why) but today it is not good. Donating blood and eat more seafood resolves the issue though :)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw meat doku
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:14:24 am »
Just seen your video. It was filmed for the same TV show that did my documentary a few years ago. It looked very positive, from what I could tell without translation, congratulations.

We should PM sometime, I have my own solutions to issues such as iron overload and hormonal changes.

Iron overload may be an issue for some, especially when consuming a lot of organs. There may be a genetic issue that inhibits certain people from being able to naturally move excess iron out. My iron when tested, even after years of raw red meat, was always within normal range. Perhaps because I use sheep that are exclusively pasture raised, and moderate my organ intake, iron isnt an issue. Some farm animals are supplemented with synthetic minerals and it could accumulate in their organs. I believe for people with high levels,, that iron is best buffered by increasing other minerals and electrolytes. I have been eating bone meal for the last couple of years, and have recently switched over from using cooked bones to using cow bone and deer antler meal, that mix in good with stomach smoothies. Perhaps the sea food and fish smoothies also supply the necessary minerals to help buffer excess iron as well.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 04:30:30 pm »
Hi Derek,
how cool, that it is the same TV show! :)
Did you test your ferritin or transferrin too? Or just iron/hemoglobin?
Yes, there are quite a few people from Scandinavia who have genetic adaptation that makes them absorb iron very well.. too well. I have not tested my genetics but my gut feeling says I do should be careful with iron for a while now.. and yes, you nailed it - it is too little of copper and maybe other minerals that makes it an issue. To eat mainly muscle meat for longer periods might make these imbalances. I have been looking on the nutrient profile on seafood/meat/ many other foods and seafood seems to have a really nice balance to me. Less iron and more copper. Copper is needed to mobilize the iron in the blood so it does not get stored in organs excessively....
I guess you are doing great because you are eating the whole sheep, all of it. That is how it should be done long term, to not get any imbalances! Muscle meat mainly, is not a good idea I guess.. for many of us at least.

I just got my blood donation card yesterday, and the letter with it told me, they are very happy me donating blood further ;)
I did load up on caviar, fish head smoothies, raw wild salmon, raw pastured eggyolks, and went to the UVB tanning salon, did a redlight session and naked on the terrace session before going to donate blood.. haha.. Told it all to the nurse who took my blood, and we laughed soooo much.. oh man it was really funny!! She said she is going to mark my blood bag with and x, and write that this blood is filled with caviar and sunlight...haha.. She thought it was a hilarious idea! And my bag filled real fast, 4 minutes for 535 ml blood. So it was working :) :)

I am loking at issues my siblings have (I have 14 to lots to look at ;) ) and I have a feeling there could be some excess iron issues... in the family. Several siblings are very sensitive to nnEMF too, EMF toleration goes worse with too much iron.

I have a feeling my liver has stored too much iron because since this fall I have a mild discomfort feeling in my liver area on and off. It feels a little like it is stressed, and I feel it more when I vacuum clean a lot! I do housekeeping at the home of 2 vets(been there for 6 years, it is my second job) I feel the electric/magnetic radiation somehow irritates my liver together with mold issues they have in the house.. I guess. Also if I eat rancid brazil nuts.. haha. I can feel my liver. I know bad idea! My liver enzymes all come back pefrectly fine, all my bloodwork was great. So it is really weird, my B12 was really high, HDL was really good/high, etc. I do feel great except of this slight liver discomfort once in a while.. when I do not live/eat optimally.

Sometimes I think if it is somehow psychological too.. I got pretty bad traumatized from my last relationship that lasted about 2 years, with a covert narcissist. I had no idea something like that excisted... It is over a year since he left me last time and for good (he left me and came back several times) and I have worked on healing a lot, and I feel sooo much better! But still it did was a real deep cut in my heart.... Felt like going through all that aged me like.. 10 years. But I am reversing the damage slowly :) :) After all I am a warrior ;) :)

Yeah please PM me and tell more about what you know about these iron issue Derek! I am alays hungry for knowing more..... :) :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:43:45 pm by Inger »

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:09:24 pm »
I have been eating bone meal for the last couple of years, and have recently switched over from using cooked bones to using cow bone and deer antler meal, that mix in good with stomach smoothies.

Hi Derek,

Could you say more about your switch from cooked bone meal?  Are you eating the cow bone and deer antler raw?  If so, how do you process it?

And can you say more about your decision to eat mostly sheep?  I am leaning that way also and wanted to understand your reasoning.

Thanks!

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 02:34:49 am »
Hi Inger!

I'm so happy that you're posting again.  I've been reading the older posts and it's nice to hear from another female!  I'm still trying to head towards raw but have some fears and taste preferences to get over.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 11:45:59 pm »
Hi :)
Oh thank you, I do not have too much time to post but I will try to regularely check in from now on! :) If you have issues with taste, try some nice recipes like tartar, or carpaccio or chevice, I am sure you will enjoy it :) :)

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 11:56:28 pm »

Welcome back Inger.

Hopefully you stay longer here, as you were really missed.

Actually, almost all Gurus are posting less and less here, which makes me sad. You people are inspiration for us, and we need you all little bit active here when possible.

Now I have to watch your Video. Tchüß.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:58:29 pm »

@Inger

Video is unavailable, and I am getting this message:

Video unavailable
This video contains content from Studio71_1_1, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 12:08:46 am »
Try this link, Galileo blocked the video because thy put up the original version :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oYBqhiw_Q&list=FLIvgKtECt2fevJA-g2NTgtg&index=2&t=10s

There was over 4000 comments and most of them were bashing me(I do not care-in fact it made me laugh so hard many were so comical lol) but some were kind and real, with questions. I answered them and there was some meaningful conversion emerging, but today Galileo have blocked the comment section? Very weird. I do not understand why.
I tried to explain the truth about my diet and their questions for the people that were genuinely interested. Maybe they did not like that? Or they was afraid all the bashing would hurt me?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:16:05 am »
Welcome back Inger.

Hopefully you stay longer here, as you were really missed.

Actually, almost all Gurus are posting less and less here, which makes me sad. You people are inspiration for us, and we need you all little bit active here when possible.

Now I have to watch your Video. Tchüß.

well, remember never have any gurus ;)
We are all people and learn and evolve all the time too! Yes it is a bit sad when people do not update, because we all need to learn from each other. If something goes wrong it is great to share that too for others to learn.
I am really trying to finish my book this winter so I am a bit occupied by that right now. Will tell when I have it done :)

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 12:53:54 am »
Try this link, Galileo blocked the video because thy put up the original version :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oYBqhiw_Q&list=FLIvgKtECt2fevJA-g2NTgtg&index=2&t=10s

There was over 4000 comments and most of them were bashing me(I do not care-in fact it made me laugh so hard many were so comical lol) but some were kind and real, with questions. I answered them and there was some meaningful conversion emerging, but today Galileo have blocked the comment section? Very weird. I do not understand why.
I tried to explain the truth about my diet and their questions for the people that were genuinely interested. Maybe they did not like that? Or they was afraid all the bashing would hurt me?

Thanks.

All videos from you are beautiful and there is lot to learn from them and to get inspired. I wish you make tons of more videos. All things about your life style are interesting. Your house, your sleeping system, your shopping system, your eating system .... all is interesting.

I am really upset that they blocked the comments. It is sad that even in the most civilised society of the world, still people are not ready to give basic human rights to the others.

PS:

Do you believe that raw paleo diet expanding in the world?

I don't see many new members joining this forum any more.

And good luck with your Book. I have been waiting eagerly for it now since ages. Could you give us some hints about it, otherwise in my wild imagination i see a fat encyclopedia with thousands of pages which took ages to come to the market .

PPS:

Here is the Pro7 Video of Derek in German:

https://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/2013332-der-nur-fleisch-esser-clip

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:01:17 am by jibrael »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 09:55:58 am »
well, remember never have any gurus ;)
We are all people and learn and evolve all the time too! Yes it is a bit sad when people do not update, because we all need to learn from each other. If something goes wrong it is great to share that too for others to learn.
I am really trying to finish my book this winter so I am a bit occupied by that right now. Will tell when I have it done :)

This is probably the best advice I have ever seen on this forum. We would do ourselves well to heed it!

And it is nice to see you posting again Inger. I have not posted much in the last couple years either.

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 03:31:56 pm »
Just seen your video. It was filmed for the same TV show that did my documentary a few years ago. It looked very positive, from what I could tell without translation, congratulations.

We should PM sometime, I have my own solutions to issues such as iron overload and hormonal changes.

I would love to hear from you what your thoughts on iron overload are. Could be helpful for me, and probably for others as well :)

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »
Thank you Inger for joining the documentary!
Galileo is one of the tv-series many Germans commonly watch, so this might spread the word about our diet in Germany :) Where many people see me as a freak, woman eating raw animal organs etc, even if not raw. I mean, the common thing to do in my age is to live vegetarian or vegan.
I might show the documentary one day when I am annoyed of someones reaction of me eating this way, haha.

I am happy for you that you found a butcher who provides you with high qualitiy animal meat and organs. It's not easy to find in Germany, quite a few of them are "annoyed" by such weird requests and therefore are not really convenient..

If I knew you lived in northern Germany, I might have asked you to meet up, back then when I lived close.
Anyway, I wish you all the best :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 04:54:01 pm »
I would love to hear from you what your thoughts on iron overload are. Could be helpful for me, and probably for others as well :)

Yes! I would love him to discuss it openly here too - we all need to learn! :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »
Thank you Inger for joining the documentary!
Galileo is one of the tv-series many Germans commonly watch, so this might spread the word about our diet in Germany :) Where many people see me as a freak, woman eating raw animal organs etc, even if not raw. I mean, the common thing to do in my age is to live vegetarian or vegan.
I might show the documentary one day when I am annoyed of someones reaction of me eating this way, haha.

I am happy for you that you found a butcher who provides you with high qualitiy animal meat and organs. It's not easy to find in Germany, quite a few of them are "annoyed" by such weird requests and therefore are not really convenient..

If I knew you lived in northern Germany, I might have asked you to meet up, back then when I lived close.
Anyway, I wish you all the best :)

Thanks Susadele :)
Another company have contacted me now for more filming stuff, but I am not sure I want it... except... if I can decide what I speak about!!
Because I want to say only 100% what is true, and also the risks with such a diet. What you need to be aware of.
Often TV does not want the truth but sensation. I would hate if someone goes and eats like they show in the movie and then run into issues.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 06:13:03 am »
Inger, you used to have a YouTube channel, no? Why not revive that? That way you control how you are represented.

I have been approached by several media outlets to feature me in various news reports and shows, and always turn them down. The reporters who show up to interview me and film might have all the best of intentions, but they rarely have a final say on what is presented. Most raw paleo folks I have seen presented in mainstream media, including you and Sabertooth, are very poorly represented, in my opinion.

I do not think that any publicity is good publicity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk