Author Topic: Raw, grain-fed beef?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Village

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw, grain-fed beef?
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:44:25 am »
Due to climate, cattle in my country only eat grass for 2-3 months a year, and hay and grains the rest of the time. There's no use of hormones and antibiotics, however.
How safe would it be to eat the meat raw? Seared muscle meat should be fairly safe, but what about organs?

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw, grain-fed beef?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 07:23:12 pm »
I'd ask the farmers what percentage the grains make from the whole feeding.
Are there any farmers around who'd feed the animals only hay when they are kept inside during the colder seasons?
I ate raw muscle meat and organs often from animals that were fed grains in addition, only in small amounts though and otherwise treated in high organic standards. I know it is not ideal / perfect, but it was very tough and at times even impossible to get meat from fully grass-fed animals.

What about wild game? Do you have access to it?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw, grain-fed beef?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:34:12 pm »
No need to sear, lean muscle will be perfectly fine. Fat you will have to go by taste, but even if it's bad quality it will not harm you.

Try to have it at room temperature and without condiments to be able to discern the quality of the fat. If you sear it you will lose this ability, plus you will break the fat/toxin bonds and you will absorb all of those sprayed grain toxins.

Cooking doesn't destroy toxins, in fact it makes it so they are more likely to be absorbed rather than discarded.

Go easy on the organs, since they will have a high toxin load, but you can have some occasionally for the vitamins. Liver in particular. Avoid them if you're gonna be paranoid about it.

Always strive for better quality, but that's not a good reason to instead do something much less healthy like cooked foods.

Because the toxin load of these meats is higher, you will experience some symptoms occasionally. It's your choice if you'd rather have a few days a year of discomfort, or be sick the entire year but to a lesser degree. And it's your choice if you want your health to worsen significantly year by year, or if you want to age more naturally and slowly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:42:57 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk