Author Topic: What happened to Tyler Durden?  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
What happened to Tyler Durden?
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:17:07 pm »
He's no longer been active on this forum since January 8, 2020!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Tyler Durden?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 02:53:07 am »
Call out the search party to look for proof of life?

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 03:45:55 am »
I had thought the same some time ago. Apparently he is the type of person that goes "off the scene" for some time, then comes back. However, half a year without nothing, considering that he was posting daily, seems a bit odd.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:31:21 am »
WE WANT HIM BACK PLEASE!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 04:41:39 am »
This is kind of disconcerting. It's possible with the state of things as COVID he's holed up somewhere with a ton of food keeping safe.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 12:44:20 am »
14 months and still MIA...
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 07:59:44 am »
Okay guys, send him email, reach out and hope he responds:

From his email it seems his real name is:

Who knows, he may need our help.

He is probably a mentor to many of us.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:47:31 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 02:50:12 pm »
I did send him an e-mail a month or two ago. No reply.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 10:32:25 pm »
I am sure he will be so pleased to see you posting his email address and real name publicly like this.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 09:14:29 pm »
Yeah wtf get rid of his personal details. This isn't 2005 anymore!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 06:48:34 pm »
Edited my post removing Tyler's name and email.
Hope you guys have sent him email by now.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 06:18:11 am »
20 months. Still no news. Are there no active members of the forum who had contact with him outisde the forum? Or with someone else who might.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 08:05:17 am »
He lived reclusively and always communicated with me through his forum avatar.

Whats his legal name, perhaps we could look for some public records of his last location?? 

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 09:28:43 pm »
Thank you for taking this forward.    Understood Geoff. Purcell was a name he used, and he lived in Austria.    Any contact since his last entry on 8 January 2020?    No personal information on Forum?    Very important individual and great loss to the Forum.    Know any friends or connections?    Please keep trying!

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 10:49:47 pm »
Can't the forum administrator determine his last location from the IP address?

If Europe is like the US, we can then look up the name of the homeowner at the registered IP address, go from there

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:53 am »
Edwin had posted his name and email address for people to contact him.
Then,people complained that this was an invasion of privacy.So Edwin deleted the info.

Now,you guys want to start that again?
How about just leave the guy alone? If he wants to contact people,leave it up to him.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 10:02:06 pm »
If something happened to him like a car wreck, or some sort of accident which has him incapacitated, then it would be the right thing for us to do to find out and try to support our friend if he is in trouble.

With all that's going on in the world I doubt the dubious powers that be are going to bother doxing such an obscure rogue as our Tyler Durden.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 11:01:35 pm »
@kingsalmon. There is private messaging on this website. We wouldn't post anything publicly. But your attitude is noted - if you go missing, no one will try to contact you or care about your whereabouts. Some friend.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 02:49:06 am »
@kingsalmon. There is private messaging on this website. We wouldn't post anything publicly. But your attitude is noted - if you go missing, no one will try to contact you or care about your whereabouts. Some friend.

I've only been in contact with one member outside of this site,I have his personal email and know the city he lives in.Even with that,I don't consider that we are on a "friend" basis.We just liked to share experiences and information.
So,if you were really a friend of Geoff's,you would have,at least,some contact info.
My point is that perhaps he doesn't want to be bothered.Ever consider that?
I don't mind if you don't look for me if I go missing.Chances are that you wouldn't even notice,as I'm not a big contributor here. :)
The diet world has changed quite a bit since this site was more popular years ago.Also,with media platform changes/evolution,a lot of members have just moved on.
For example,a lot of meat based dieters are now listening to channels by Shawn Baker,Judy Cho, and Brian Sanders who regularly feature videos,podcasts,interviews...etc
Then there are the myriad of Keto/Low Carb channels who weren't at all popular years ago.
So,no need to feel so worried if someone doesn't post here anymore.
I'm still here occasionally as I appreciate the raw aspect of this forum.
Anyway,that's my take.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 03:57:57 am »
I believe every contributor is a valued member of the Forum whether we agree with their views or not - they all widen our acceptances and appreciations and give us a different slant on life.    Geoff. is special as he gives so much of himself to his correspondence over many years.    He has helped so many to achieve so much and overcome uncertainty and fears with their experiments and adventures.    True he has taken to task those whose views contradict the harmony of the Forum by insisting they are right, and objecting rudely to others opinions.    His frequent Emails offered a framework on which we could hang our ideas and give them an airing, what a valuable contribution?

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 11:48:17 pm »
@kingsalmon We realize all those things and are still concerned. Tyler posted here very frequently, so for him to suddenly drop off the map is unusual behavior and concerning. Yes, in your case you don't post frequently and don't consider us your friends, so if you left it would not set off alarms or concern here.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 12:03:02 pm »
@kingsalmon We realize all those things and are still concerned. Tyler posted here very frequently, so for him to suddenly drop off the map is unusual behavior and concerning. Yes, in your case you don't post frequently and don't consider us your friends, so if you left it would not set off alarms or concern here.

Sounds good.Good luck on your search.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2021, 02:35:42 am »
Coming up on two years since he vanished and right before the start of the falsemic.

Meanwhile Austria which I think is where he lived has gone full nazi AFAIK. There is a chance he knew it was coming and went off grid but I doubt it.

Lately there's been a slow and somewhat systematic worldwide purge of troublemakers who deny official facts. There's a chance he was one of the first victims of this round of cleansing.

We know they did the same to AV back in 2012 after he did too much to ridicule the '09 global hoax that was the test drive for this one.

I hope he's ok, wherever he is.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 11:12:02 pm »
31 months...

I don't know if any restrictions are left in Austria at this time. I read somewhere that most local restrictions were lifted 5 months ago, but that travel restrictions remained.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 12:14:38 am »
Ending another year without a word on what happened to Tyler.

In 8 days it will be 3 years since he disappeared.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk