Author Topic: Lumps on fingers. What to do and is it cancer?  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Lumps on fingers. What to do and is it cancer?
« on: November 13, 2020, 06:28:43 am »
Sharing this here on behalf of a friend, since they do not have an account. I'll let them explain the situation:

hello friends. for a few years i have been doing a raw carnivore paleo diet. 8 months ago the skin on my index finger became scaly, and then eventually a lump with some red skin formed. its not as scaly anymore, and i think the lump is slightly smaller. recently the skin on my middle finger also turned red a bit, and i am worried about what is happening. i am willing to do whatever it takes to heal this problem. here are some pictures, sorry if the lighting is bad, it looks a bit worse in person

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Lumps on fingers. What to do and is it cancer?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:54:21 am »
It may not be the answer but they can look into oxalates and dumping. A carnivorous diet is very low in oxalates and if they're predisposed to issues with oxalates the low dietary intake could induce excretion of them out of the body. Most dump them through stool or urine but some do it through other means including skin.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:05:42 pm »
Oxalate dumping after years on a carnivore diet? Interesting idea, it could also explain some of the unrelated problems that I have experienced myself in the past.

Although, to be honest, I am not sure what the problem is myself. They say that the lump is usually soft, sometimes more firm, and a bit firmer than the surrounding tissue. It's on the right side at the base of both fingers on the right hand (in the same place, oddly enough), and that the lump is usually smaller in the morning, larger in the evening. It seems that activity or food increases the size slightly. To me it almost looks like an enlarged muscle.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 04:43:07 am »
Looking at the color it could very well be a problem with Vitamin A. If you friend is eating foods high in Vitamin A, be it retinol or beta-carotene (and all the other types) from foods such as liver, egg yolks, carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli, dairy, supplements and so forth, he seems to no longer be able to safely store it in his own liver - it´s overloaded and therefore places "vitamin a" in different areas of the body, such as the whole skin, palms, finger tips, eye whites and so forth. Constipation can also be an issue because your elimination process is disturbed. You can start detoxing Vitamin A by staying between roughly 100-800IU per day. As with detoxing oxalates, detoxing A can also cause similar herx reactions. Here is a nice list of VA toxicity symptoms: https://nutritionrestored.com/blog-forum/topic/the-mega-symptom-list-of-poison-vitamin-a-toxicity-and-detox-symptoms/ and I´ll attach a list of foods showing the content of A in foods.  If u need more info lemme know

Also keep in mind that eating saturated fats together with VA foods increases VA absorption.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:56:55 am by norawnofun »

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 09:04:37 pm »
Looking at the color it could very well be a problem with Vitamin A. If you friend is eating foods high in Vitamin A, be it retinol or beta-carotene (and all the other types) from foods such as liver, egg yolks, carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli, dairy, supplements and so forth, he seems to no longer be able to safely store it in his own liver - it´s overloaded and therefore places "vitamin a" in different areas of the body, such as the whole skin, palms, finger tips, eye whites and so forth. Constipation can also be an issue because your elimination process is disturbed. You can start detoxing Vitamin A by staying between roughly 100-800IU per day. As with detoxing oxalates, detoxing A can also cause similar herx reactions. Here is a nice list of VA toxicity symptoms: https://nutritionrestored.com/blog-forum/topic/the-mega-symptom-list-of-poison-vitamin-a-toxicity-and-detox-symptoms/ and I´ll attach a list of foods showing the content of A in foods.  If u need more info lemme know

Also keep in mind that eating saturated fats together with VA foods increases VA absorption.
Looking at the color of what, exactly? It could be an issue however, considering that they eat liver every day. Perhaps also a Vitamin D deficiency, considering their lack of sunlight and fish.

I myself have consumed large amounts of liver for years now, but have never experienced any negative symptoms as far as I can tell.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 12:00:35 am »
I think @Norawnofun is talking about the yellow areas on the fingers as evidence of too much vitamin A.  I have a couple books on natural health that say there have been reports of people's skin turning yellow/orange as a result of eating too many carrots, sweet potatoes, and plant-based vitamin A foods.  That could be the case here.  None of my books say that animal-based vitamin A would cause it, however. 

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 12:49:53 am »
I think @Norawnofun is talking about the yellow areas on the fingers as evidence of too much vitamin A.  I have a couple books on natural health that say there have been reports of people's skin turning yellow/orange as a result of eating too many carrots, sweet potatoes, and plant-based vitamin A foods.  That could be the case here.  None of my books say that animal-based vitamin A would cause it, however.
If they are talking about the fingertips, that was a Lugol's Iodine stain, which they had apparently started experimenting with on the finger.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 02:46:22 am »
When looking closer at all the pics provided, there are certain spots that stand out yellow. I would look at other places, such as the palms of the feet, at the sclera under the eye lid. Tongue, stool can also be an indication. Not everybody has issues processing VA though. But eating liver every day, if your liver can´t handle it, is dangerous. It also seems to be common that people lack Vitamin D if they consume high A.

More info about VA toxicity is dr. garrett smith https://nutritionrestored.com/
grant genereux ggenereux.blog/
a good podcast is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1EsIgLtsQ
and a fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/3033243886748451

this VA topic is pretty unknown, but very important. Another thing, skin creams can also contain a good amount of A. So by just cutting back on foods but still using products that contain A might not be efficient enough to detox it.

but when I look at the picture the only thing that I noticed was the yellowish hue, I don´t see any lumps. If you google search lumps on finger you get to see what a lump is. What is pictured here is nothing ordinary I would say.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 03:43:39 am »
If you look at the first picture, you can see the shadow at the base of the index finger, that indicates where the "lump" starts. The skin isn't raised by much, but there's a noticeable difference between it and the surrounding tissue.

Regarding the yellow color, it might be the lighting, but it is probably a good idea to check just in case.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »
I didn't mean the obvious yellow stain. There are other yellow areas by the finger joints.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 10:32:21 pm »
''Disease''/''Sickness'' = toxic load + nutrient deficiencies = oxidative stress.

Oxidative stress = toxic load+ nutrient deficiencies = ''Disease''/''Sickness''
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 03:52:35 am »
Assume you have ruled out detergent dermatitis and similar household practical causes?

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 04:05:06 pm »
Assume you have ruled out detergent dermatitis and similar household practical causes?
Considering how opposed they are to any sort of chemicals, I would be surprised if that was the case. They do wash their hands a lot using regular tap water, but I am unsure how that would affect them. And considering that they have put their fingers under quite a bit of physical stress in the past, it could potentially be related to that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk