Author Topic: Real Texas Chili  (Read 6785 times)

Satya

Real Texas Chili
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:23:47 am »

It has 1 lb. each ground beef heart and sliced beef tenderloin and all sorts of other secret goodies.  We call it heart attack chili because of the heart and the fact that it is really spicy.  (Yes, I collect books and yes that is flowering cilantro from the garden).

xylothrill

Re: Real Texas Chili
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:03:04 am »
You've outdone yourself! Do you think I could pull off serving this to people without their knowing it's raw? Just kidding. I wouldn't do that but It looks like really fresh, home-made chili! I love the name too. At first I thought you'd named it that because it was hot but I really like that it's heart!

Craig

Satya

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:53 am »
That book was written the year of the big hurricane that destroyed Galveston Island, September 8, 1900.  http://www.1900storm.com/

The water bottle has the lone star, so it is very Texas, even though it is from Italy.  And not only that, there ain't no tomatoes in that there chili!  It was good with guacamole tonight and needed no dang salsa.  And I am a Texan, so I declare that it IS authentic, no matter what anyone else outside of this here Republic may say.  Yeehaaah!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:45:19 pm »

It has 1 lb. each ground beef heart and sliced beef tenderloin and all sorts of other secret goodies.  We call it heart attack chili because of the heart and the fact that it is really spicy.  (Yes, I collect books and yes that is flowering cilantro from the garden).
My mouth is watering...

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29:04 pm »
seriously! it looks sooooooooooo good!

Offline protoject

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:25:01 am »
What are the ingredients?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:54 am »
It's a secret! :-X

At least that's what I always figured haha... otherwise it would be up there! I really have no idea.  :D
Satya, if it's not a secret please do share!

Offline protoject

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:00:08 pm »
yes.. do.. it looks so yummy!

Satya

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:03:37 pm »
I don't remember exact ingredients.  It says I used a lb. each of beef heart and beef tenderloin, ground coarsely in a food processor.  I used some onion, minced garlic, sweet red pepper, serrano hot pepper, cilantro (coriander leaf), cumin, chili powder, sea salt, cayenne and olive oil.  You must put big gobs of guacamole on it, and salsa too.

I am afraid I never measure, as I am a highly experienced chef. 8)  Really, even when baking for others, I rarely measure anything.

Satya

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:28:11 am »
Why waste your time, you know you want to be mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk