Author Topic: High meat  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Timatu

• Forager
    • View Profile
High meat
« on: March 01, 2021, 03:03:51 am »
Hi all

I’m Interested in making high meat and have some questions

So first off, how do u make sure u don’t get sick from it? I have really bad digestion issues and have tried everything except high meat, but that also means I have a weak stomach.

I’ve tried really old meat from the fridge 3 weeks old, really liked it it tasted like cheese to me, but never at room temp before.

Second, how do I make it in a way that isn’t so incredibly smelly that it would stink up the house (as I’ve been lead to believe)? I currently live with family and can’t move out ... I’m a student. My mom is a clean freak and she doesn’t mind me eating raw as it’s part of our culture actually, but smells are not acceptable for her. Even inside my room. I guess I could hide it in the bathroom but ... it has to be something “removable” as we have a housekeeper who cleans all the rooms daily. If it smells she’ll tell on me .. lol.

Finally, I am coming from an ED background (bulimia/anorexia) and I am underweight + my stomach is a mess, what would u say is best to eat for someone with a f*cked stomach from ED? There’s no worry of me relapsing as it’s been a year... but my stomach capacity is limited and triggers me to fast often. Doesn’t matter what the food is, anything above a cup of food will just sit for me. I’ve tried reeeeally strong probiotics, just made me fart ...

Also, Can I use lamb? I prefer the taste to beef...

That’s it, thanks for the helpp

Offline Nucleus

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: High meat
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 01:47:19 pm »
There is an extensive thread on high meat called High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers.

Follow the directions and you won't get sick. Well so it seems. I had my first high meat yesterday and some more for breakfast this morning. I got impatient for the stuff in my fridge so put some in a jar and left it room temperature for 3 day's.

None of my high meat smells too bad as far as I can tell. If you make a small amount at room temperature you might be able to eat it before the smell gets too bad. Or there is something wrong with my sense of smell, but I don't think there is.

Offline Timatu

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 07:49:40 am »
There is an extensive thread on high meat called High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers.

Follow the directions and you won't get sick. Well so it seems. I had my first high meat yesterday and some more for breakfast this morning. I got impatient for the stuff in my fridge so put some in a jar and left it room temperature for 3 day's.

None of my high meat smells too bad as far as I can tell. If you make a small amount at room temperature you might be able to eat it before the smell gets too bad. Or there is something wrong with my sense of smell, but I don't think there is.

Thanks for the tip on the high meat thread, completely missed that

I think a 3 day old high meat wouldn’t smell too bad, but I understood it should be left for longer than that.. I’ll try it for 3 days tho

How did you feel you digested the high meat compared to regular fresh meat? Better / worse?

Offline Nucleus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 01:24:52 pm »
I don't have any issues digesting meat so did not notice any difference.

After my second taste I got this intermittent pain like a needle stuck in the end of my big toe. Strange. I've heard this sort of thing being blamed on oxalate build up, or maybe oxalate dumping. I did not feel like eating any more today.

Offline Nucleus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 04:09:51 pm »
I finished my first small jar of high beef liver off in 5 tastings. The last was the leftover juice, it was yum, good whiskey replacement. I have a large jar in the fridge that will be one month old in 10 days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk