Author Topic: Congested nose (lower turbinates)  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Jion Jion

• Forager
    • View Profile
Congested nose (lower turbinates)
« on: March 30, 2021, 04:38:05 am »
Hello all,

It's been 10 years that I suffer from a congested nose. I went to the doctor and he said that my lower turbinates are completely congested. I cannot breath from the nose and cannot sleep at night due to the breath difficulty. The doctor also said that I have rising acid from the stomach.

It is not allergic and I don't sneeze nor cough. I do no have headache either. Difficulty breathing by nose is the only problem I have.

Did any of you have similar issues? Do you have any idea what caused the problem?

What raw foods can help to improve the health condition?

Thank you in advance!

Offline kelpguy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Congested nose (lower turbinates)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 05:48:47 am »
did you do an internet search for 'congested nose?'  i'm curious what your situation is; is it mucous? small passage ways?   physical damage?

as far as raw foods; how much cooked starchy foods are you eating?

Offline Jion Jion

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Congested nose (lower turbinates)/ Rhinitis/ Sinusitis
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 09:27:34 pm »
I did research for "Rhinitis" or "Sinusitis", which are the diagnosis of the doctors I went to see. But I'm not sure what it really is as the medication they prescribed never cured anything.

I guess it could be mucous. When I sleep on a side for a while, one side my nose becomes really congested, so I need to sleep on the other side for while, then the other side of my nose gets congested. And I keep changing sides to have one side of my nose not congested...

I'm 25, and this condition started when I was teenager, about 13.
I used to eat a lot of pasta, rice and pasteurized dairy foods. It's been six months that I cut out completely the pasta and bread. I still eat rice though. No potates at all. Now I eat raw dairy foods only once a week. I also eat raw meat very often. I still have difficulty to accept raw organ meats, but I eat them once a week.

However the changes in my diet have not improved my condition.

Now I'm again under medication, it is supposed to continue for 6 months.

Do you have any clues on what caused the condition?
What I should eat and avoid particularly?
I would be so grateful to have your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 10:24:41 pm »
Have a broadly similar condition since 1985 and my Doctor said it was Sinusitis and suggested the only help was Beconase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray.    I always have one beside my bed and use it daily if necessary.    Problem is bad with grass pollen and am slightly allergic to milk causing me to sneeze.   Used for seasonal allergic rhinitis, sneezing, and a runny, or itchy, or blocked up nose.   Active substance beclometasone diproprionate it certainly provides instant relief.

There are other sprays, and Sterimar uses 100% natural sea water in a nasal spray that bathes the nose inside.    It may be used 2 to 6 times a day and avoids use of other chemicals and compounds.    I do hope you find a solution to your problem as you can feel bunged up, or with streaming nose all day, and unable to work or rest in comfort.   

Offline kelpguy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Congested nose (lower turbinates)/ Rhinitis/ Sinusitis
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:00:52 am »
I did research for "Rhinitis" or "Sinusitis", which are the diagnosis of the doctors I went to see. But I'm not sure what it really is as the medication they prescribed never cured anything.

by diagnosis ("Rhinitis" or "Sinusitis"), the passageways in your nose are plugged or reduced in size.

how about nebulizing hydrogen peroxide and lugol's iodine. focus on breathing thru the nose when nebulizing.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/03/07/nebulized-peroxide.aspx     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWQtT7dHGE 

or... clean the nose with a Neti Pot or Sutra Neti.

after trying the above, cut way back on all mucous producing food for a spell which might worsen the condition for a while while elimination takes place.

plz report back...

Offline Jion Jion

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 03:48:43 pm »
Thanks for the link, I'll try it out.
Which foods are mucus producing foods? I guess wheat products and dairy foods are among them?

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 03:04:28 am »
mercolas site has been taken down some time ago, link won´t work directly anymore. "Nose" related issues and mucus producing foods are strongly connected to dairy. I´d completely cut it out, regardless if raw or not. I would also start taking bee pollen which has been dried at low temperatures. Ask the producer to find out. The lower the better. Studies clearly document the degradation of nutrients once temp goes up. I know that taking that can resolve allergies like hay fever. Might work for your case too. I´d start slowly, one pollen per day, then 3, then 7, and so forth, up until a teaspoon or more if you feel like. Once you are accustomed to some grains you can usually increase faster. But going too fast can cause an allergic reaction, like itching, stinging or worse. I´d give it 2-3 weeks until you worked yourself up to a teaspoon. And I´d take it on an empty stomach if your digestion permits it, and put it under the tongue to dissolve it. There is another study that showed less absorption if you just gulp down the whole grain.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 08:03:26 am »
Do you have any pets?  You might be allergic to them if you do, I was given a cat for my bday and had her for over a year before I developed symptoms, then it took another year to find out those symptoms were caused by my cat.. or it could be some other external factor that won't be affected by what you eat.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk