Author Topic: Is it safe to eat raw meat with low stomach acid?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline rina888

• Forager
    • View Profile
Is it safe to eat raw meat with low stomach acid?
« on: April 22, 2021, 07:00:44 am »
I am a newbie at this raw primal diet and I think that raw meat must need strong stomach acid to digest and kill the bacteria. I have low stomach acid and have been decreasing how long I cook my meat until I start eating completely raw meat. Aside from low stomach acid I also have leaky gut. Should I fix that first then start raw meat?

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Is it safe to eat raw meat with low stomach acid?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:14:08 pm »
From my experiences I can say that raw meat is easier to digest than cooked meat. Try some raw chicken and see for yourself. It should fix your leaky gut slowly, from the get-go.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:04:45 pm »
AV had zero stomach acid due to a vagotomy-like surgery when he was young, and the only thing he suggested for such a situation was to make sure all food, including meat, was made into paste either by grinding, blending or intense chewing. This makes it easier to digest food. He did not however recommend intense chewing because he thought all the mixing with saliva made some foods digest too fast.

Another thing you could try is marinating foods in lemon juice, which has a similar ph to stomach acid. However, this could over time damage your teeth.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 06:44:44 pm »
Is it safe to eat ANYTHING with low stomach acid?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk