Members' Journals > Journals

Using Diet to Heal

(1/5) > >>

smokeyquartz:
Reposting this again because when I finally hit "submit" the "DNS could not be reached" error message came up.  Hope I'm not wasting my time twice!

I've been here a while but have not followed the advice completely.  Right now my major problems are serious skin disorder (wounds take a very long time to heal if at all, I also have dry, flaky patches on my face that are noticeable even with makeup), anhedonia (lack of pleasure/motivation), weight gain, and muscle weakness/fatigue. 

I know the major thing I need to do to reverse this is stop eating sugar/caffeine.  A major part of my lack of motivation, I believe, is how I feel trapped in my life.  I can see myself doing the same thing forever, and nothing will ever change, and then I die.  It doesn't make me sad or cry; I'm not depressed.  But I just can't get any enjoyment out of my life as it is, and I don't have any motivation to try to "improve" myself for a life that doesn't please me.  My life is pretty much a pointless existence and my only "pleasure" lately is through consumption of goods (shopping), food (chocolate/lattes), and entertainment.  It's like an endless rewind of the same stuff over and over.  My life is "The Morning Half-Life Blues" by Marge Piercy.  I'm not really alive.

I don't know if I can do totally raw carnivore for healing for multiple reasons.  A major reason is that it's not possible socially.  I've gotten over my fears of parasites since reading some of Aajonus's ideas about how they can only be harmful in a body that doesn't eat a regenerative diet (they eat dead tissue, which is regenerated by the raw diet), and I do incorporate raw meat into my diet now.  I love raw chicken with honey and spices.  Even if I had the self-discipline to eat this way at all times, it would be extremely difficult socially.  I have to hide my raw meat eating habit now as it is because I do not live alone.  For this reason, I've thought of eating a more plant-based raw diet but still incorporating the raw meat.  I've been reading the authors Carol Alt (who eats all raw, including eggs, fish, and meat but a lot of produce) and Natalia Rose (she only eats raw produce, but cooked eggs and fish as well).  I think this would be best for me. 

I don't know how to get my motivation in order to be disciplined.  Otherwise, I'm a very responsible person, and the "anhedonia" doesn't affect my work life at all - I get everything done, on time or ahead of time.  I don't know where to start because a major reason for my indulgences in these bad dietary habits (sugar/caffeine) is simply to escape from my life.  There's a major emotional component; I feel trapped.  Many times I simply drive to get physically away from where I am.  Even if I broke free, I would hardly know what to do with myself, lol. 

Just sharing thoughts with, hopefully, people who can understand.

Dingeman:
The truth is that if you aren't willing to eat raw meat, you won't change your anything about your health and feel stuck in this negative cycle forever.

For me it was easier, all the foods that you ''cheat'' with actually make me feel terrible. I had to start eating raw meat just to feel alive/OK, that makes it easier.

A tip I can give is just to make sure you eat 200g of raw meat a day. As long as you sneak that in there every day you will be making progress, though slower than going all raw. Also, try to avoid the sweets and addicting stuff by eating raw meat instead when you get the urge for those addictive foods.

If you truly want to heal quickly/efficiently without eating a lot of raw meat every day, making a good ''high meat'' is the way to go. A properly fermented high meat (3/4 months old, fridge fermented, aired every 2 days, I recommend chicken) is so powerful that merely eating 1 piece every 3 or 4 days yields a ton of benefits for your body. Still, it requires dedication by buying a small mini fridge and taking care of the ferment, and I don't know anything about your living situation so it is possible that this interferes with your social life.

My point is, you have to get real and commit to this diet. If that takes telling your surroundings about it, then that is a step you must take (we've all been there). Once you actually start eating it you will realise that it is easy; eat the right food and you will feel better, there is nothing else to it.

smokeyquartz:
Is it ok to eat chicken gallbladder?  Are there any benefits from it?  I just bought some chicken livers, and noticed something weird with one of them.  It looks just like in this picture: https://jen-elise.blogspot.com/2010/04/chicken-gallbladder-surprise.html 

I'm finding the liver itself already extremely bitter, and I don't know if I can even finish it.

Dingeman:
It is okay, but the gallbladders are what is making the chicken livers very bitter  ;D

dair:
For me social aspect is part of the healing process, and it's about choice. Am I afraid to stand out? To maybe to eat alone, to -  sometimes - sacrifices communal dinner/community life for true health?
I eat often alone, not always, but that's because I realise the positive aspects of my raw paleo nutrition are stronger than the feeling of sharing a meal together with others. Especially in the long run.
There is only one person around here who really knows about my raw meat habits, this is a very conservative place where veganism has become huge, and bakeries the biggest dealers lol...
Outside of this place I know some people who are more open to raw paleo/raw meat, so actually I know more people outside of my hometown that would be more into it.
So the point it to not be afraid to do what you need to do for promoting health, be selfish in a good way. In the end, it's about caring for your self. Do you want sacrifice yourself for the sake of what others think about you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version