Author Topic: Censorship is Driving me Nuts  (Read 1891 times)

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Censorship is Driving me Nuts
« on: August 01, 2021, 09:01:27 pm »
Just needed to vent about this and this is the only forum on the whole internet anymore that won't censor.

Apparently, it is now "in vogue" and extremely popular to dislike British people, simply for the sake of them being British.  I didn't know about this, and I think this is ridiculous, to hold someone accountable for what ancestors did 300 to 400 years ago, but that is the "logic" of some people.  I'm not British myself, but I like them and many things about their culture.

Anyway, on this other forum, I noticed a person who had this negative/harassing attitude toward British and basically asked them why.  My supportive posts and their answers were totally deleted.  There were no swear words, threats, or any epithets or anything like that exchanged.  There was absolutely no reason to remove what was posted.  It would have been educational for everyone on that forum to read the exchange. 

I am astounded at the censorship being propagated by governments and individuals with god-complexes.  Just allow people to be seen for exactly who they are.  If they want to harass others on the basis of nationality (which is discrimination by this person), then let the whole world see it.  And my support for the British person who was unjustly attacked should also be allowed to be seen.  Then let people decide who they want to talk to... who is exhibiting the hate in the situation.  It is not the side that you think.

I don't even know where it is possible to have an honest conversation with anyone anymore.  It used to be the internet, but now it is being so censored/regulated that there is no free thought or freedom of expression at all, to the detriment of all of humanity.  There is no learning or questioning anymore, just indoctrination and religious worship of state-sponsored ideology.  We are being forced to worship the state/government instead of our own philosophies.  Horrific.  Where can I go to get away from this crap?

Offline MarkR

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Censorship is Driving me Nuts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 10:08:31 pm »
I just saw that when you are a 'add bot' you get censored here! So watch out, and keep acting human :-P

I havent heard anything about it being popular to dislike British people. In the Netherlands everybody agrees that the French are horrible, but still we all go bring our money to them during summer holiday... so yeah....

I don't think there is much to do about it, except for ignoring all platforms that do it. You say it would be educational for everyone on the forum to read the exchange, and you say that there was no reason to remove what was posted. Usually stuff that gets deleted is at least somewhat educational, so there you have the reason for deleting your posts ;-). So maybe you should be  proud that you got censored!

Somebody on this forum has a signature that says something about people not being able to handle it when somebody say 'the truth' and it cause people to do all sort of strange things. My own experience (both within myself and of others in my surroundings) has led me to believe that this is very accurate. Everybody want to stay in their little bubble, and some people have god-like admin power to enforce their bubble on other people of the forum.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Censorship is Driving me Nuts
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:18:48 pm »
I remember the years around 2012-2014, I think, I was part of a forum where there was NO censorship at all. Sure, there was quite a lot of rude people out there, but also, you felt you could be 100% honest, say, ask anything.... It got taken down... This was my favorite forum, "30bananasadaysucks", there were a lot of ex-fruitarians, vegans, paleo, raw foodists,  those who where still fruitarians, also durianrider under a fake name harassing people, but it was hilarious, and I learned more about my health during that period than any other time of my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk