Author Topic: Hi from England  (Read 3065 times)

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Hi from England
« on: August 07, 2021, 05:23:29 am »
Wow, I have not used a forum since early 2000s, that's how old I am (almost 41) ;D

I have been searching for a long time for the most appropriate human diet.

I mean if one asks 'What is the diet for a lion ?' or 'What is the diet for a cow ?', the answer is pretty much instant.

Somehow, when asking 'What is the diet for a human ?' the answers get confusing and complicated.

I started the journey in 2010 with Atkins, and never moved off Phase 1 (under 20 grams of carbs per day) and did that for six years until 2016.

One day in 2016 I had this plate of fried chicken thighs and felt really nauseated just looking at them, and that was the beginning of my plant based phase.

During the plant based period I tried all sorts of combinations: raw fruit, which left me hungry and needing the toilet a lot ... after a while I introduced cooked foods like rice and pasta. Most vegans I read about seem to lose a lot of weight, but the opposite was true in my case.

The increase in weight, combined with other ill effects, I knew something had to change, so after 5 years of veganism, in April 2021 I went carnivore (cooked zero carb style).

That was alright, but I did not enjoy the cooked beef taste a lot, strangely enough fried beef tasted sour to me somehow.

First week of July I went raw paleo. I was trying to fry some beef and just felt like biting from it raw, and ate the whole piece.

I soon realised that it is quite hard to tear raw flesh (depends on the cut of meat I suppose), so I got some kitchen scissors - best investment ever. I can cut the meat into bite size pieces and can easily swallow after a minimum amount of chewing.

In the beginning of raw paleo, in the evening I did feel like having cooked meat, and got some take away food, but after a week or so, all that disappeared.

Recently I tried fruits, but they did not agree with me at this stage.

I ate quite a few eggs in the beginning, like 12 a day or so, but I do not feel attracted to them at this time.

So I am eating mainly raw beef, and have some wild venison trimmings on order, on the way.

For water, the tap water here smells of chlorine stronger than the swimming pool, so I use the distiller to clear that. I am aware some people do not do well with distilled water, but I had no problems so far. Sometimes I buy sparkling water like San Pellegrino.

That's my diet story so far...

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from England
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 04:07:43 pm »
Welcome! Be sure to try and make some high meat.

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 06:56:21 pm »
Thank you.

Yeah, I have been thinking about that  :)

Planning to experiment with this sort of containers rather than jars, feels like it would be easier/cleaner to get the high meat out and clean the container afterwards:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Food-Storage-Containers-Lids/dp/B07XKS846F

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 12:06:26 am »
Thank you.

Yeah, I have been thinking about that  :)

Planning to experiment with this sort of containers rather than jars, feels like it would be easier/cleaner to get the high meat out and clean the container afterwards:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Food-Storage-Containers-Lids/dp/B07XKS846F

Haha, forget it. The smell of any rotten meat will stay in your container forever, no matter how many times you've washed it. The glass mason jars are perfect because you can just buy new ones if you do something wrong in the process.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 12:11:45 am »
Hi.  Welcome.

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 12:22:52 am »
Hi.  Welcome.

Thank you, good to be here among like minded people.

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 12:24:23 am »
Haha, forget it. The smell of any rotten meat will stay in your container forever, no matter how many times you've washed it. The glass mason jars are perfect because you can just buy new ones if you do something wrong in the process.

I definitely see your point. Will try various containers, including jars, and see what works for me.

About high meat, I read of people airing the thing every 2-3 days, others report not airing for weeks. What has been your experience ?

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 04:38:44 am »
I definitely see your point. Will try various containers, including jars, and see what works for me.

About high meat, I read of people airing the thing every 2-3 days, others report not airing for weeks. What has been your experience ?

I used to be part of the not airing gang, but then realised that airing is indeed necessary. Now I suggest that you air it every other day, even though waiting 2/3 days should be fine. I air on monday, wednesday, friday, sunday, tuesday, etc. If you go on holiday you can just ''continue'' where you left off because the bacteria become inactive when you stop airing, but don't actually die. Just remember that for the first months you really want to keep a good schedule on airing the jars, as you really need some time before the high meat is really strong enough to get a lot of effects.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 04:45:39 am by Dingeman »

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 04:40:44 am »
I used to be part of the not airing gang, but then realised that airing is indeed necessary. Now I suggest that you air it every other day, even though waiting 2/3 days should be fine. I air on monday, wednesday, friday, saturday, tuesday, etc. If you go on holiday you can just ''continue'' where you left off because the bacteria become inactive when you stop airing, but don't actually die. Just remember that for the first months you really want to keep a good schedule on airing the jars, as you really need some time before the high meat is really strong enough to get a lot of effects.

Excellent, thank you for the tips.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 04:46:21 am »
Also, try to get a small dedicated mini fridge for the high meat, otherwise it will stink up your main fridge and ruin all your other food. Start ASAP with high meat because it takes some time to mature and you will wish that you started sooner when you try it!

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 04:56:45 am »
Also, try to get a small dedicated mini fridge for the high meat, otherwise it will stink up your main fridge and ruin all your other food. Start ASAP with high meat because it takes some time to mature and you will wish that you started sooner when you try it!

Noted, thank you.

I actually have a mini fridge that I do not use for anything else.

As it's in the garage, I'll check tomorrow whether I can fit a jar in it, but it might be too small:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081TKQDLJ

What sort of dedicated fridge are you using ?

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 04:12:18 pm »
https://www.blokker.nl/primo-pr103fr-mini-koelkast---43l---a-plus%2Ff---zwart/2243907.html

One like that without the freezing compartment, just big enough to fit an air-tight plastic bin in, in which I store the glass jar to trap the smells in the plastic bin and not the fridge itself.

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2021, 11:12:11 pm »
https://www.blokker.nl/primo-pr103fr-mini-koelkast---43l---a-plus%2Ff---zwart/2243907.html

One like that without the freezing compartment, just big enough to fit an air-tight plastic bin in, in which I store the glass jar to trap the smells in the plastic bin and not the fridge itself.

Looks good, thank you. I'll see what I can find where I live.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk