Author Topic: Just Starting, Newbie from Oregon  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Poppy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just Starting, Newbie from Oregon
« on: September 02, 2021, 07:52:26 am »
Hi, well, I thought "RAW" was like ... an adjective like XTREME or KILLER, lol, so confession, I just read the pinned explanation and -- I can't eat anything raw that I know of, at least not at the moment, I have IBD (likely - see explanation below).  Everything I eat hates me.  So I don't know,  ya'll might have to give me the boot. 

I have so much trouble eating that a lot of times I resort to nibbling on Skittles for most of the day.  I was sick all the time as a kid, so don't know if you ever had the experience of having a bad flu and you don't really want any sort of heavy food?  Broccoli, steak and pizza aren't really on the menu... 

I eat a lot of soup and bone broth and I can eat veggies if I boil them (but not broccoli and there are some veggies I can't digest at all).   I was born with digestive issues and then it got worse.  I would eat pancakes for breakfast and then not eat again until supper because I was so scared of getting sick at school.  When I went on trips with my parents they threatened me, 'DO not get sick'  -- so I'm 46 and in the 1980's absolutely everything to do with a bad GI was "STRESS" hahaha -- so I'm like seven years old and my Mom is super ashamed that she has such a weakling mentally fried child.  I used to get threatened a lot with, "if you keep this up you will have to go to a GI doctor and do you know what they'll do (insert torture) GULP"  So although I've talked to a few general MD's -- I have avoided actual GI doctors my entire life.  There it is, my confession.  I don't have a firm diagnosis but so far they just want to use SSRI's on my gut so I guess it's all back to the whole 'stress' thing, lol.  Despite what most people know about the usual GI issues, my biggest complaint is GI pain. 

I want to develop a system of food I can eat, and some foods to avoid, and get some support.  Sometimes I just get sick of trying to manage my food and just drink a coke with a doughnut.  (I can eat most processed carbs although they put me straight to sleep usually). 

I'm really here to learn if you'll have me, but I might be too much of a mess to be saved, idk.  :D  My energy is non-existent.  I have a lot of fatigue most of the time. 

I have a big bubbly personality if you'll let me join.  I just have questions and I'm not on Facebook or social media stuff because my friends all became political meme activist and got weird. 

My dream is to be a runner and a cyclist but I'm so fatigued, and I've put on some chubby weird weight in the middle and it's holding me so far back I can't see the start line. 

Cheers!  - Poppy 

--btw -- on ancestral supplements: Beef Liver & Beef Organs  <-- these have helped a lot

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Just Starting, Newbie from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »
Hi and welcome!

The truth is that raw meat will definitely heal you, although maybe slowly but surely.
If you are thin and have eaten shit processed foods for years, you might have developed some form of ''skinny fat'', where the small amounts of fat you have is protecting you from all the toxins you ingested by eating processed foods over the years.
What would help tremendously is to make high meat, that would probably solve all of your issues very quickly.

Do I understand that you find it hard to actually eat raw meat? Because I can tell you it is impossible to get better without.

Offline MarkR

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 04:28:26 pm »
Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear about your childhood. It sounds like you have some trauma from this, and this might indeed result in stress, which results in trouble in general and maybe for you specific eating issues. My wife used to be, and sometimes still is, very stressed up and to a point where she really vomited every food she eat. Not everyday, but on the days she was very stressed, in a period of about a year where her health was very bad. She tried all sorts of food but everything came out, her body did not want anything.

I think it is good that you are educating yourself, it sounds to me that you get stress when you think about doctors. But the issue that most people have is that they think going to the doctor (in the normal medical system) is the only way. Educating yourself and experimenting will give you maybe more confidence to take charge of your health. this might result in less stress, because you rely on doctors less.

I do agree with Dingeman: in my experience the real healing only starts when eating as much raw (meat) food as possible. So i would look firstly for meat that you can eat raw, whatever it is, to start feeding your body with building material. You can think of it as taking pills, nobody likes taking pills, and they taste like shit. But you do it to get better, you could try to look at eating raw meat the same way. Provided that your body does not give you extreme discomfort when eating it. The more nutrients and building blocks you put in your body, the better you feel, and the less you will feel like drinking coke and eating doughnuts. It will be a slow process, and you will need to have faith that you are doing the right thing for your body. Even when maybe sometimes it does not feel like the right thing because of detox (sickness).

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 10:25:28 am »
Hi, well, I thought "RAW" was like ... an adjective like XTREME or KILLER...

This was funny as hell. Welcome to the group ;)

I saw quite a few great ideas shared already. Adding my thoughts to the list:

If you decide to eat this way, there will be an adaptation period with various effects (like constipation , or maybe diarrhea, or some dizziness for a short while ... everyone experiences differently). After that, nirvana.

Cut raw meat into bite size pieces using kitchen scissors, and not much chewing is involved, just roll around a bit in the mouth and down the hatch.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 07:19:03 am »
Hello there, welcome, so many things to learn.

How young are you?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Poppy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 12:58:44 am »
I'm 46 and since I have a GI issue I've actually spent .. oh 10 years or so studying nutrition.  I have a vintage book collection of some of the greatest hits even.  Having spent so much time studying food, I find the group really interesting.  I would like to hear some stories on how people discovered this and how it affected their health.  Being sickly I ended up a proper book worm. 

Being interesting in nutrition I have watched Shawn Baker and Mikhaila Peterson, and for a bit on Youtube Vegetable Police was trying the raw meat diet.  I have a little knowledge, but this is the first I've heard of raw paleo. 

I would like to lurk and learn more if that's okay. 

Cheers!

Offline MarkR

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 04:37:05 pm »
Interesting to hear about your vintage book collection. I'm looking for old books (like pre 1950) on diagnosing health problems with as little tools as possible. So basically looking at a person and maybe touching/feeling some areas to get information on ones health. Preferably with many pictures. Do you have any recommendations?

I have read a number of 'older' books (1920-1950), and if i compare these with new books i must say i like the old ones a lot better. It seems that people back then were a lot less biased and more open, and more in contact with nature. Probably because all the pharma pills were not available yet, and there was no other options then to use nature (like that is a bad thing). I also prefer the more 'no-nonsense' way of talking that they had back then. Now everything has to be politically correct, which makes everything very confusing.

Offline Poppy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 11:11:29 am »
A lot of my books aren't pre-1950's unfortunately but those would be really cool to deep dive into.  I have the classic Pritikin books (low-fat), the first books by Dr. Barnard (Vegan), Atkins (low-carb), and some other more obscure stuff.  My oldest book is on Kindle, Upton Sinclair's 1911 book on fasting, which I believe is a free PDF online or also very cheap Kindle.  I had read the Jungle but found out he wrote a book on fasting a 100 years ago. 

I have a lot of general questions, which part of the web forum would be a good place to ask things? 

Right now I'm having a flare up with arthritis and I think I have gout.  My big toe joint feels like it's full of broken glass and sometimes I can't walk on it - and I wear Hoka shoes with insoles already because of joint damage.  Those are the HUGE soled sneakers. 

I was wondering if anyone had issues with Gout.  Classically it's associated with rich meat foods and organ meats, but because I lurk a lot online and read a bunch, I've found people on plant based diets and everything inbetween struck down with Gout.  Wondering now if it's either genetic, related to sugar, or something else.  Anyone here have issues with it?  Last year at this time my arthritis flared really bad also, so maybe it's the PNW rain moving in and the summer leaving us.  If it's like last year it will probably go away in a week or two. 

Anyway - big shout out and hello to the group tonight.  I hope everyone is doing alright. 

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 10:57:29 pm »
 My big toe joint feels like it's full of broken glass and sometimes I can't walk on it
I was wondering if anyone had issues with Gout.  Classically it's associated with rich meat foods and organ meats

I had the gout-like big toe inflamation when I got to about 4-5 years of being low fat / high carb vegan.

Doctor prescribed me antibiotics and it went away, but this is to reply that it does not happen (only) to meat rich food eaters.

Currently eating raw meat and drinking water exclusively and feeling great !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk