Raw Paleo Diet Forums > General Discussion

Does raw meat gets cooked in the stomach anyway?

(1/1)

biowolf:
I saw some videos of raw meats and eggs being put in Hydrochloric acid and it seem like they are getting cooked..

If so then the problem is not cooking.. but perhaps overcooking?

the acid just as heat breaks it down.

biowolf:
Also people say that if the meat is factory grown and toxic it's best to cook it before eating.

Do the toxins just disappear once cooked I don't understand.

dariorpl:
No, acid doesn't "cook", cooking is heating to a certain temperature, acid doesn't do that. Also, our stomachs produce small quantities of acid, and only in the right and proper amounts for each meal.

What acid does do is generate the maillard reaction, which also occurs during cooking. But a lot of other chemical reactions happen during cooking that don't happen from acid, and vice-versa.

If you take a piece of meat and marinate it in any strong acid, such as lemon juice, you will generate this reaction, and it may have a similar color to cooked meat, but it's not cooked, and if you try to eat it, you will notice this difference. Or, if you put it under a microscope, you'll find all sorts of things different in both.

dariorpl:

--- Quote from: biowolf on October 23, 2022, 06:33:13 am ---Also people say that if the meat is factory grown and toxic it's best to cook it before eating.

Do the toxins just disappear once cooked I don't understand.

--- End quote ---

There could be toxins added on purpose, that become inert during cooking. But other than those nefarious poisons, no, cooking doesn't remove most toxins, but what it does do, according to AV, is break the fat cell barriers that bind some of those toxins, and make them available for you, so you can accumulate them instead of letting them pass by. This may result in lower incidences of digestive distress, but not for good reasons.

Another thing cooking does according to AV, is stop or minimize the intensity of detoxes, so you can feel "fine", but really you aren't doing yourself any favors in the long term.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version