Author Topic: dry aged?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
dry aged?
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:04:16 pm »
i bought some liver yesterday(still dont like it), but on the label it said "dry aged", what does that mean exactly?
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Satya

Re: dry aged?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:35:09 pm »
It means meat that has been hung for several days to become more tender and flavorful.  My ranchers dry-age their beef 21 days and it tastes fabulous.  I didn't know organs were hung too, as I think they gut the animal first.  So in your case, I am not so sure what it means.  Maybe they put that on all their labels.

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:37:27 pm »
Did it taste any different from regular liver?

Craig

P.S.

I tried to get into your home page. I had to remove the 'www' and then join.  I like the pics! I think your face has good bone structure and that boat named "vitamin B-12" Hahah! It has to be a vegan's boat. Are you Native American?

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:51:19 pm »
Did it taste any different from regular liver?

Craig

P.S.

I tried to get into your home page. I had to remove the 'www' and then join.  I like the pics! I think your face has good bone structure and that boat named "vitamin B-12" Hahah! It has to be a vegan's boat. Are you Native American?

i dont recall, its been awhile since i tried liver. it was just very acid/metalic tasting, and i found that the taste overwelmingly saturated my mouth, and the afertaste hung for a while.

thanks for the comments on the pictures, theyre all pretty old, acouple years, im working on getting a camera so i can update alittle...although i look exactly the same, +a few tattoos. yeah, that "Vitamin B-12" boat cracked me up! :D

There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk