Author Topic: hmm... heartburn??  (Read 8845 times)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
hmm... heartburn??
« on: July 23, 2009, 09:09:56 am »
alright, so today i had some pretty intense pain right above my stomach and below my sternum. it came on pretty quickly while i was eating my lunch around 1:10 pm (suet and meat). i immediately stopped eating and thought i was going to throw up. but i didnt. i went to the bathroom and took a shit but that didnt seem to help my pain at all. so i just kind of laid down for an hour or so and it didnt get better. my friend said it might be heartburn (i've never had that before) and recommended i take a shot of apple cider vinegar. so i did it and after 20 mins i felt a little better so i got up and drank some water and stuff. then the pain came back and i started salivating a lot and then i threw up my suet (didnt see any meat but it might have been there). after that i felt fine.

im trying to figure out what exactly happened and why. i should add some info about what i did prior to my lunch though. i woke up this morning feeling kind of hungry for berries for whatever reason. now, i dont eat much fruit at all and i very rarely eat anything in the morning (usually lunch is the first meal). but today i ate at least a pint and a half of blackberries. then i went to go herd the sheep and cattle into the barn so i was running around doing that for a couple hours and i felt generally good but i always feel a little off after i eat a lot of fruit. but then i was trying to turn on an electric fence but i must have accidentally touched the exposed terminal because i got a pretty good jolt (it was 3000 volts). freaked me out but i felt alright after. then i broke for lunch

so, any ideas on what was the culprit? here are the options as i see them: 1. too many berries for my system and too early in the morning. 2. the jolt somehow messed with my stomach or something (not sure how this would happen). 3. the suet or meat i ate was bad.

i really dont think it was the suet and meat though because i've been eating the same stuff for a while with no problems. im leaning towards the excess of berries. and then probably the suet and meat just didnt play nice with them. no berries were in the throw up

i dont know, all input welcome. hopefully i'll be able to keep down some marrow, suet, and meat later tonight

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: hmm... heartburn??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:14:25 am »
Sounded like hyper acidity due to too many berries first thing in the morning.  But I'm just guessing.

I tried kalamansi juice first thing in the morning and I got hyperacidity from that.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:19:18 am »
Sounded like hyper acidity due to too many berries first thing in the morning.  But I'm just guessing.

I tried kalamansi juice first thing in the morning and I got hyperacidity from that.

i thought berries were alkalizing? maybe my stomach was ready for some meat and just over-produced hydrochloric acid which was not needed for the berries. but then why did the pain only start when i started eating the suet and meat?

carnivore

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:17:50 pm »
I already have this kind of problem : one day I have digestive issue with my meat, the day after no problem with exactly THE SAME meat.
I believe it's bacteria (and their toxins) in the meat that I could'nt handle, probably because of a lack of HCL (htat normally kill them).
Maybe the berries you eat disturb your HCL production. And the bacteria you can usually handle caused this rapid reaction.

When the reaction is soon (a few hours) after eating, it is the bacteria from the food that multiplied.
When the reaction is delayed (the days after), these are the toxins from the bacteria.

Hope it helps.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:53:56 pm »
I believe it's bacteria (and their toxins) in the meat that I could'nt handle, probably because of a lack of HCL (htat normally kill them).
Aajonus and many others do not have hydrochloric acid and they thrive on raw meat and fat, so it's not the case.
Maybe the berries you eat disturb your HCL production. And the bacteria you can usually handle caused this rapid reaction.
Aajonus said that eating to many fruits over-alkalize your stomach so that the digestion of meat could be worsened
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

carnivore

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 05:23:14 pm »
Aajonus and many others do not have hydrochloric acid and they thrive on raw meat and fat, so it's not the case.

I thought hydrochloric acid was required to properly digest meat. Do you have some material (links, etc.) to sustain this claim ?

Aajonus said that eating to many fruits over-alkalize your stomach so that the digestion of meat could be worsened

I can believe that as it is my experience.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 05:41:24 pm »
I thought hydrochloric acid was required to properly digest meat. Do you have some material (links, etc.) to sustain this claim ?
Aajonus said it in this interview, for example - http://www.drbass.com/aajonus.html
There are some others who follow primal diet and do not secrete HCL, but right now I can't find where I read about it
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

William

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 08:06:05 pm »
. but then i was trying to turn on an electric fence but i must have accidentally touched the exposed terminal because i got a pretty good jolt (it was 3000 volts). freaked me out but i felt alright after. then i broke for lunch

so, any ideas on what was the culprit? here are the options as i see them: 1. too many berries for my system and too early in the morning. 2. the jolt somehow messed with my stomach or something (not sure how this would happen). 3. the suet or meat i ate was bad.

Story from the Amazon river: those who have been bitten by a poisonous snake have applied the spark plug wire from an outboard motor to the bite area, pulled the starter cord thus applying thousands of volts. This converts the snake poison because all biological poisons are highly acidic, and turns acid into alkaline.

There are more stories about the remarkable effects of electricity on health, surprising but it should not be, because after all, life is electrical.

Raw carnivore diet results in perfect pH, berries will raise pH to more alkaline, you ate lots so a little too alkaline, then the shot of electrical energy made it a lot too alkaline and your immune system saved you from certain death by making you upchuck.
(Blood pH is kept in very narrow limits, if too acid -> heart arrhythmia, if too alkaline -> heart stops beating)

So it looks like you excessively alkalized your bod with ~3kV. I guess it's number 2.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:34:05 pm by William »

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 11:13:55 pm »
wow, if electricity actually alkalizes then that would make a whole lot of sense. thanks william, i had no idea. by the way, i successfully ate some marrow and meat last night and felt fine afterwards. so hopefully the ordeal is over.

carnivore, thanks for the input but im almost positive it was not related to bacteria or toxins in the suet or meat. it just wouldnt make any sense as that has never happened to me before going on about 1 year rpd. that coupled with the fact that i've never had a jolt like that makes me think that the electricity was the culprit. im sure the massive amount of berries didnt help either

carnivore

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:18:32 pm »
Aajonus said it in this interview, for example - http://www.drbass.com/aajonus.html
There are some others who follow primal diet and do not secrete HCL, but right now I can't find where I read about it

That would be interesting to have more information about that.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:43 pm »
wait, why would the alkalizing effect of electricity make me feel heartburn (an overproduction of HCl)? that doesn't really make sense does it? i dont know, either way im pretty certain it was either the berries or the shock or a combo of those. i'll just avoid both  ;). gotta locate the rubber gloves

William

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 03:28:28 am »
wait, why would the alkalizing effect of electricity make me feel heartburn (an overproduction of HCl)? that doesn't really make sense does it? i dont know, either way im pretty certain it was either the berries or the shock or a combo of those. i'll just avoid both  ;). gotta locate the rubber gloves

I don't know, but here's a guess - body/immune system detects excess alkalizing whatever, the does the usual of neutralizing with acid, but not enough acid in a raw carnivore or in the wrong place or whatever, body then corrects the mistakenly  produced HCl by mouth.

Our immune systems are supposed to inherit the wisdom of millions of years of experience, but it is not perfect and the past 100 years or so might be the first exposure to that kind of electric shock.

There's a lot we don't know about electricity. Google Olle Johansson for a brief look at a very small part of recent learning.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 10:59:25 am »
... Carnivore, thanks for the input but im almost positive it was not related to bacteria or toxins in the suet or meat. it just wouldnt make any sense as that has never happened to me before going on about 1 year rpd. that coupled with the fact that i've never had a jolt like that makes me think that the electricity was the culprit. im sure the massive amount of berries didnt help either
"Alkalizing" is not the same thing as "alkaline." Oranges are a highly acidic food that alkalizes the body fluids. Alkalizing means the effect the food has after it is digested--not as it is presented to the mouth.

I would think that all vitamin-C containing fruits are at least slightly acidic (since vitamin C is ascorbic acid). Fats tend to be difficult for people with GI systems that have been damaged in the past to digest. The combination of acidic fruits with fats can result in stomach turmoil. I ate lots of bacon after eating a chopped apple on an empty stomach one morning and it didn't sit well in my stomach. After I vomited it out I was fine. Feeling fine after vomiting suggests to me a stomach digestion problem rather than a biochemical or electrical issue.

Also, in my experience an empty stomach tends to be a bit more sensitive to acidic foods than one with some food in it, particularly in the morning when one hasn't eating anything all night and hasn't had a chance to clean out the bowels yet (the bowel backup keeps the irritating foods in the stomach and makes vomiting the easiest outlet).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:05:09 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk