Author Topic: abroad in spain for 3 months need help!  (Read 5491 times)

Offline tear11

• Forager
    • View Profile
abroad in spain for 3 months need help!
« on: July 24, 2009, 05:55:19 am »
I am abroad in spain and the meat is a lot more expensive and they consume a lot of pork. I have found 12% ground beef but the quality I can tell is not great and 12% seems very low and I am hungry all the time. I am trying to see what people recommmend to eat beef I am limited to this ground beef $$$ so I can perhaps add raw pigs fat to it? I can also just eat raw pork this is much cheaper or (raw chicken but not very filling)? I did find rendered duck fat but it is cooked> Anyway if anyone has any suggestions or knows of some interesting things to try I am game or even an online resource for europe to order food ito southern spain. Also there is a lot of raw fish but I dont know if it has enough fat i.e types of sadinies.  P,s I need to gain weight that is why I am intersted in adding calories or fat plus right now on my ground beef 12% I eat a abpound and I am hungry angain in 2-3 hours Today I ete over 2 kilos and I skipped to meals to study. thanks you infintely I cant believe how my appetite and digestion is beginning to improve eating this way and it is because of you guys keeping commited  ....

carnivore

Re: abroad in spain for 3 months need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:58:33 pm »
I am abroad in spain and the meat is a lot more expensive and they consume a lot of pork. I have found 12% ground beef but the quality I can tell is not great and 12% seems very low and I am hungry all the time. I am trying to see what people recommmend to eat beef I am limited to this ground beef $$$ so I can perhaps add raw pigs fat to it? I can also just eat raw pork this is much cheaper or (raw chicken but not very filling)? I did find rendered duck fat but it is cooked> Anyway if anyone has any suggestions or knows of some interesting things to try I am game or even an online resource for europe to order food ito southern spain. Also there is a lot of raw fish but I dont know if it has enough fat i.e types of sadinies.  P,s I need to gain weight that is why I am intersted in adding calories or fat plus right now on my ground beef 12% I eat a abpound and I am hungry angain in 2-3 hours Today I ete over 2 kilos and I skipped to meals to study. thanks you infintely I cant believe how my appetite and digestion is beginning to improve eating this way and it is because of you guys keeping commited  ....

Any butcher where you can find fatty meat in Spain ??
And what about butter ?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:09:23 pm »
As I know there are quite good quality meats in Spain - lamb, goat meat; besides - a lot of frutti di mare and wild fish
Re fat - if you cannot find enough animal fat try to use some cold-pressed olive oil
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »
    I've never been to Spain, and I don't eschew all dairy, so I have some different ideas.  I have not tried sheep cream/butter/milk, but I know Spain is famous raw sheep cheeses and they have pastured pork more available than other countries.  I know sheep milk is higher in fat and protein than cow/goat.
http://www.sheepmilk.biz/sheepmilk.html
    I have tried sheep yogurt, and IMO it's much better, incomparable to goat/cow. I know there is sheep milk ice cream, so there must be sheep cream and sheep butter. Sheep meat/milk products are better tolerated than goat/cow generally (they are by me).
http://www.blueriverdairy.co.nz/nutritional/health
    If I were in Spain, I'd look for sheep fat sources number one.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »
    Two other things:
    Me personally, raw butter is better than even cold-stone pressed organic olive oil.  I feel cold when I substitute animal fat with olive oil.
    Enjoy your time in Spain!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:46:38 pm »
Me personally, raw butter is better than even cold-stone pressed organic olive oil. 
I do think the same, but I said about the situation, when there is shortage of any sort of animal fat
I feel cold when I substitute animal fat with olive oil.
that's rather beneficial when you're in hot region such as Spain ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:44 pm »
I'm sure there are good tasting extra virgin olive oils somewhere there in Spain.  Yes, olive oil is one of those crutch fats.  Which I personally dislike because it reminds me of all those times I used it during liver flushes drinking 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil at a time.  My mother in law somehow likes extra virgin olive oil's taste.

I'd rather have grass fed butter as a crutch as well.

Also raw eggs are good crutches.  I remember my last provincial trip in a desperate search for fat I used raw eggs as a crutch.

You can also use avocados for fat, coconut cream for fat.  See which one agrees with you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:03:21 pm »
when there is shortage of any sort of animal fat

that's rather beneficial when you're in hot region such as Spain ;)

LOL true, but it's Summer here, and I haven't been eating enough fat lately, and handling meat today my hands felt cold through and through.  Went out and got some of the best beef marrow I ever had. Let my shopping sit out a little, ate the marrow raw and raw  lamb liver I bought with it and my hands are getting better.  In Summer I can deal with olive oil better, but still do best on saturated animal fat.   

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:07:28 pm »
My mother in law somehow likes extra virgin olive oil's taste.

I'd rather have grass fed butter as a crutch as well.

You can also use avocados for fat, coconut cream for fat.  See which one agrees with you.

If you're like me, make sure the butter's raw.  I tried grass grazed pasteurized butter visiting my mil and I will not repeat that.  Took me months to undo the damage.  I've always loved coconuts and avocado.  Spain being hot, I bet they're popular there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk