Author Topic: Update how you're doing... :)  (Read 4524 times)

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Update how you're doing... :)
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:45:08 pm »

I've been going pretty well since the slip, I actually had some raw lamb liver two or three days ago as well... see I told you I'm no faddist. It actually tasted very similar to cooked lamb I remember.... my experience was overall quite good.

I had a really small pack of chilli peanuts yesterday... I never realised it but they actually contain sugar as well!!! But it can't be much because the calorie count is the same as regular peanuts and they were down on the list of ingredients, I think it's just a tiny drop to hold the chilli flavouring together. It wasn't the best food but, I think if another person's health food is your "junk" food then I think you're doing pretty well!!!! (err... unless you're following some crazy fad diet or something...).

I've really been eating lots lately though, I figure it's fine though as long as the weighing scales says I'm a thin dude and still over a stone less than when I started this in earnest again.The other thing is that I'm getting a very strange craving to go to the takeaway for chips and curry... *sigh*... I'll try to at least hold out until the end of the month and then maybe I'll have it on the first of the next month.

Now for the not-so-great side...: I've been feeling kind of funny for the past few days and my stools have taken a bit of a dark colour. It could be because I'm supplementing extra calcium (I used to supplement it before since I quit dairy, but only a little bit and intermittently)... it's 600mg with 1,000iu of vitamin D2... I know I should have gone for the D3 (I was unaware when buying it) and I'll try to get that. I heard that with a particular calcium supplement that it can turn stools dark. To complicate matters furthur I'm also taking a different multivitamin that has a substantial amount of iron... something like 33% of the RDA which I find quite high for an iron supplement.

I don't subscribe to putting it down to this or that though (some people go crazy with that type of nonsense... such as saying "dur, I tried the cat's claw along with the 20 other vitamins I was taking but it didn't do me much good, so I changed to siberian ginseng and it helped tremendously"... it's a PLACEBO EFFECT!!!! Confounding factors are all over the place.) However I do think the calcium/vitmain d/new multivitamin might be causing this. Also my teeth are feeling a slight bit uncomfortable... but I'm never giving up my fruit!!!

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Update how you're doing... :)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:33:18 am »
Also my teeth are feeling a slight bit uncomfortable... but I'm never giving up my fruit!!!

haha, okay... try giving logic a try

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:53:16 am »
Well, partly because of this board I just ate half a kilogram of raw mussels just to find out online now I'm probably going to die. I'll count on my fruit to save me.  :P

Good luck to the people who are supplementing themselves with animal hormones and pesticides and polluted seawater and bacteria every single day.  ;)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 04:27:36 am »
Well, partly because of this board I just ate half a kilogram of raw mussels just to find out online now I'm probably going to die. I'll count on my fruit to save me.  :P

Good luck to the people who are supplementing themselves with animal hormones and pesticides and polluted seawater and bacteria every single day.  ;)

glad you got to try raw mussels! i haven't had them yet but am looking forward to them. not sure who is supplementing with hormones and pesticides. grass fed meats don't contain either... fruits are probably much more likely to have pesticides. polluted seawater is a legit worry though. that's why you have to be careful about your sources of raw seafood. and bacteria are good

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:52:09 am »
glad you got to try raw mussels! i haven't had them yet but am looking forward to them. not sure who is supplementing with hormones and pesticides. grass fed meats don't contain either... fruits are probably much more likely to have pesticides. polluted seawater is a legit worry though. that's why you have to be careful about your sources of raw seafood. and bacteria are good

Okay, they were actually very nice... but *very* hard to get open for a little piece of meat in each one. It's a couple of hours later and I feel great, so a good experience this time anyway. :) I still have a nice salty taste in my mouth... I'm not sure if I'll do them again though.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 07:59:19 am »
Congrats on the liver and mussels.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:54 am »
Have you ever tried giving up ALL SUPPLEMENTS?
I'm someone who believes real raw food is better than supplements.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 09:30:39 am »
I would recommend first improving the diet before giving up the supplements. I found that supplements were quite necessary and effective for me until I eliminated the carbs and ate more raw meats & fats.

Those who had claimed that supplements don't work at all lost credibility with me, because I could see and feel how zinc and potassium supplements worked for me. They would have had more credibility with me if they had said, "Yes, supplements work, but you're need of them suggests that your diet is not yet optimized for your needs." Extreme claims about supplements not working at all were part of what discouraged me from trying RPD earlier, because they undercut the credibility of other claims.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:36:24 pm »
Okay, they were actually very nice... but *very* hard to get open for a little piece of meat in each one. It's a couple of hours later and I feel great, so a good experience this time anyway. :) I still have a nice salty taste in my mouth... I'm not sure if I'll do them again though.

I wasn't so lucky.  I got raw mussels twice, and they were terrible, both sources.  I enjoyed scallop, clam and oyster for a while, tired of salt now though.  Had raw lamb liver tonight.  Hit the spot!

I'm glad you're doing so well.  Coming along!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk