Author Topic: bowel movements  (Read 31011 times)

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: bowel movements
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 03:06:45 pm »
Yet, my own personal observation is that going raw ZC made my stools much harder and compact  not more softer/liquid. Also, there's a difference between wolves' digestive systems, I believe human's digestive systems are longer?

humans is apparently shorter than a dogs not sure about a wolves. Colon is an inactive part of digestion in both canine and human though, and since that's where the difference in length is the digestion system is virtually identical.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: bowel movements
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2009, 08:57:10 am »
    I hope you're stools are better, and you too.   

I was looking at another thread, and it made me think of the ileocecal problem I had between eleven and four years ago.  Then ... 

I Googled Ileocecal Valve Diet, and in the first couple of links that came up, I got this:

Most ICV is pure protein deficiency. For instance, one protein, gastrin is produced in the stomach during digestion and is carried along in the chyme through the small intestine this hormone helps the valve to relax open when it is time for the contents of the small intestine to pass through into the colon. If a protein deficient system is not producing gastrin correctly, then the ICV valve will not respond properly. This is just one small example of how protein deficiency can effect an ICV. Remember, 9 out of ten people do not properly digest their dietary protein, this means the protein is putrefying in their gut and producing tremendous amounts of the chemical indican, which can affect an ICV causing it to malfunction.
This chemical can be measured in the Urinary Indican Test. Also, a protein deficient gut is
usually struggling with yeast overgrowth and inflammation caused by gluten, these two things alone can cause a swollen, toxic ICV that has that has become thick and prone to stick open or closed. This is where the Two Edged Sword Diet is very helpful. Removing yeast and gluten from the diet helps to calm an irritated ICV.

And this:

Eat dense protein 3x a day. A portion should be at least the size of the palm of your hand.
This includes:

Eggs
Beef
Chicken
Turkey
Lamb
Pork
Fish
(All meat and fish needs to be cooked, egg yolks preferably runny)

2. VEGETABLES

You can eat all of the FRESH vegetables that you want except potatoes and beans.
(potatoes contain the same amount of sugar as a can of Coke. Beans contain phytates which block digestion of certain vitamins and minerals.)

3. FRUIT

After 3 months following the diet, you may eat a limited amount of FRESH fruit daily.

You can mix your fruits together but don’t mix fruit with other foods.
Fruit must be eaten in between meals at least one hour away from meals.
Eat your fruit but don’t drink your fruit or dry your fruit.

4. GOOD FATS

Unlimited Butter, Olive Oil

No Margarine, No Vegetable Oil, No Soybean Oil, No Canola Oil, No Safflower Oil, No Crisco, No Pam, No Trans Fatty acids, No Partially Hydrogenated oils .
(most prepackaged foods and salad dressings contain oils that can cause health problems.)

5. WATER

Drink 1 liter of DISTILLED WATER per 50 lbs. of body weight, daily.
(100lbs = 2 liters, 150lbs = 3 liters of water, etc.)

6. SNACK

Eat every 2 hours to prevent your body from going into starvation mode.
(Eating every 2 hours takes stress of the adrenal glands, pancreas and many important functions off the body. In order to regain your health you want to take as much stress off of your body as possible.)

7. AVOID

Food Sensitivities/Allergies:
Wheat, Corn, Soy & Dairy (eggs and butter are OK)

NO:
Rice, Potatoes, Cereal, Bread, Flour, Pasta, Cakes, Brownies, Pies, Cookies
Ice cream, Candy, Soda, Artificial or Natural Sweeteners* & Alcohol.
(In general, alcohol is ok approx. twice a week, but not 2 days in a row. Some people are more sensitive to one type of alcohol than another. In general the better the quality of the alcohol, the better your body will be able to handle it.)

*(Honey is ok as an occasional sweetener. Rotate a few different brands/sources so that you do not become sensitive to it.)

8. IN GENERAL
Try to eat organic FRESH foods. Avoid food preservatives, monosodium glutamate (MSG) or hydrolyzed proteins. If it says “LOW FAT or FAT FREE” don’t eat it.

ileocecal valve health
The following are additional guidelines for all patients, but patients with many of the
symptoms at the bottom of the sheet need to be especially vigilant.

Eliminate from your diet:

All roughage foods,
Popcorn, Potato chips, Corn chips, Nuts, Seeds, Whole grains

I had little idea the ICV problem I was treated for between seven and ten years ago might be due to eating vegan foods and not eating animal foods.

Come to think of it, a number of times I ate wheat, and a good portion of those time only one bite stopped me from pooping for two weeks.  I did go to the medical doctor for symptoms like these as far back as seventeen years ago, and medical tests have been run on me for the symptoms, but the medical industry always said it was not unhealthy after all was said and mostly intrusive tests done.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk