Author Topic: Check out this crazy clip about raw meat eating  (Read 4920 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Check out this crazy clip about raw meat eating
« on: August 22, 2009, 11:22:58 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ppkoy0M4OA

This guy is great.  :)

This is a trashy TV show where people switch families for a couple of weeks.  I think it's neat that they found a raw meat eating family.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Check out this crazy clip about raw meat eating
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:47:24 am »
Oh, this was absurd! I later e-mailed the wife of the rawist family and she admitted it was so staged ! Apparently, the black (non-rawist) father was almost prepared to eat the raw chicken but the producers made sure that she told him how the chicken was slaughtered beforehand, so that he couldn't eat it, ultimately.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:12:33 am »
There's another clip of the white father having an emotional breakdown in the bathroom. He actually starts weeping and comes off as a complete wacko. He doesn't represent raw meat eaters very well.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:42:29 am »
I can't remember if it was this show or not, but I remembering seeing a brief bit of a reality TV show with a high meat family and thinking there was no way I was going to eat that, but this forum has caused me to consider the possibility of eating high meat/fish in the future.

I did try some grassfed raw beef that went bad recently and it smelled and tasted like dung. I had to spit it out to avoid vomiting. Will it smell and taste better to me over time or is high meat somehow different from standard meat that has gone bad.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
I can't remember if it was this show or not, but I remembering seeing a brief bit of a reality TV show with a high meat family and thinking there was no way I was going to eat that, but this forum has caused me to consider the possibility of eating high meat/fish in the future.

I did try some grassfed raw beef that went bad recently and it smelled and tasted like dung. I had to spit it out to avoid vomiting. Will it smell and taste better to me over time or is high meat somehow different from standard meat that has gone bad.

try many different varieties of aged raw animal foods. You'll find, like many, that you can only handle 1 or 2 types(for example, I still can't handle aged raw fish or aged raw eggs or aged raw muscle-meat, but aged raw beef heart or aged raw tongue is fine). That said, you must ensure the high meat is always exposed to oxygen. I can tell, these days, if the high-meat hasn't had enough oyxgen as the taste is even wierder than usual, tasting highly unnatural unlike normal high-meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 01:15:12 am »
try many different varieties of aged raw animal foods. You'll find, like many, that you can only handle 1 or 2 types(for example, I still can't handle aged raw fish or aged raw eggs or aged raw muscle-meat, but aged raw beef heart or aged raw tongue is fine).
Thanks Tyler. I'm guessing that I'll need to acquire a taste for organs before I like high-meat organs, right?

That said, you must ensure the high meat is always exposed to oxygen. I can tell, these days, if the high-meat hasn't had enough oyxgen as the taste is even wierder than usual, tasting highly unnatural unlike normal high-meat.
I'm confused. Why in all of the examples of high-meat I've seen is the meat or fish kept in jars or buried underground if exposure to oxygen is key? This is a subject on which I know very little.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline razmatazz

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:16:59 am »
i don't know for sure, but i would assume to keep flies and other insects out? They are still "aired" to enable oxygen to come into contact with the meat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk