Author Topic: Easy Childbirth on Paleo Diets  (Read 40401 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Easy Childbirth on Paleo Diets
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 01:16:58 am »
About what specifically, wide vs. narrow hips?

I've known plenty of women with wide hips and young babies who told me they had a terrible time giving birth, had to get c-sections etc.  I had very narrow hips again within three months of giving birth and back under a hundred pounds.  I wasn't paleo, but I stayed away from processed foods and ate lots of raw kale & fruit (not together).  I gave birth naturally and no medications at all.  My mom was always small hipped & fairly paleo, she hated milk since she was a child and rarely ate any grain as I was growing up and considered beans to be a dangerously unhealthy food & also avoided chemicals & overly processed food & only rarely fried food.  She had uncomplicated pregnancies only and did not get c-sections.  My sisters with wider hips were not so lucky giving birth, took some anesthesia & other supports, said that was barely enough etc.  Don't ask me how anesthesia helps one push a baby out, I've never tried it.  My having narrow hips did not affect baby's health adversely in the slightest, perhaps the reverse, maybe narrower hipped women make better birth-giving hormone to loosen hips at the right time and bring it back after? What's the BMI for women's health etc?   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 08:05:44 am »
Narrow hips isn't the only source of birthing pain/problems. I suspect that what one's been eating, hormones, inflammation levels, immune system functioning, nutrient levels and/or other factors also play a role.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:21 am »
Narrow hips isn't the only source of birthing pain/problems. I suspect that what one's been eating, hormones, inflammation levels, immune system function ..

My autoimmunity was flaring more than ever while pregnant, not to show its head again till maybe seventeen years later.  I only had headaches, backaches and acne from it while pregnant, no other health problems when pregnant.  Well, I did have sciatica only while pregnant.  Perhaps that was because of my small hips. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2012, 10:44:14 am »
I would be surprised if sciatica were due always and only to small hips. I suspect there's generally more to it than that.

My own cystic acne, one of the diseases of civilization, resolved completely via raw Paleo diet, whereas the most powerful drugs (such as Accutane) were impotent in the longer run. My lower back pain has greatly improved, though not completely resolved.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2012, 11:25:55 am »
I would be surprised if sciatica were due always and only to small hips... My lower back pain has greatly improved, though not completely resolved.

Try sticking a four inch diameter baby skull in the very narrow hips and tell me, walk around with it, don't take it out 24/7. Add the weight of a sack of amniotic fluid laying on top of that. I did have back pain before that, but not nearly as bad, evil dentist 'ton' of mercury etc.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 11:46:51 am »
My message may not have come across as I intended, Rawzi. I only said that narrow hips isn't the only source of childbirth pain and problems and sciatica, not at all in any way that there is no pain with any childbirth. You mentioned mercury, which theoretically could be yet another factor, and which agrees with what I was saying that narrow hips doesn't seem to be the only factor. So we seem to be mainly in agreement.

While a man of course cannot experience what a woman goes through and I doubt any man thinks he can, are you saying that one has to bear a child to know that childbirth pain exists? Is it taboo to you for a man to partake in such discussions? If so, I will go silent.

If it's not taboo to discuss, earlier you said, "I gave birth naturally and no medications at all." How painful would you describe the childbirth you experienced and how much more or less so than most American women?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:06:57 pm by PaleoPhil »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk