Author Topic: Dietary Fiber & Volume of Digestive Tract.  (Read 3414 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Dietary Fiber & Volume of Digestive Tract.
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:57:56 pm »
From eating ~only raw animal foods, with ~no fiber in your diet, would the digestive tract decrease in capacity?

I'm just going to list some random points as I couldn't think of any way to structure them(some are agreeing and some conflicting):

Carnivores have a shorter digestive tract, some people say this is because meat goes off faster than vegetables, some people say this is because they don't need to eat so much because animals are more nutrient-dense; many carnivorous reptiles will eat one massive animal and sit digesting it for many weeks; if I eat a few bananas, I feel their effect shortly afterwards 'at the other end'; food-products containing no 'official' fiber can have a laxative effect on people(honey for one); I don't know if the effect from bananas is due to the fiber 'pushing stuff down' because it's taking up space, or due to the digestive tract trying to get rid of the fiber; if there is not much waste left in the digestive tract from eating animal food, it may be hard for a wide digestive tract to squeeze out the waste, which could then go rancid inside the tract(possibly causing discomfort?).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:11:39 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dietary Fiber & Volume of Digestive Tract.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:46:19 pm »
if there is not much waste left in the digestive tract from eating animal food, it may be hard for a wide digestive tract to squeeze out the waste, which could then go rancid inside the tract(possibly causing discomfort?)

If I don't have any discomfort this would be the last thing I would worry about :)

In my opinion our intestines have no problem with smaller volumes of crap.  I think they'll be more happy to deal with less.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:48:50 am »
    After the first seventeen years vegan I had to start squeezing.  The squeazing didn't work though, and lots was still stuck.  With raw animal foods, so far, it seems peristaltic action always takes care of it.  Yes, after the first month clean out, there is less volume.  The first month there was still so many toxins stored in old cellulite etc that during that time went down the toilet.  Also (raw) cheese and (raw) kefir can slow things down, and (raw) eggs and high-meats can quicken things, none are necessary though for most people.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:06:00 am »
   After the first seventeen years vegan I had to start squeezing.  The squeazing didn't work though, and lots was still stuck.  With raw animal foods, so far, it seems peristaltic action always takes care of it.  Yes, after the first month clean out, there is less volume.  The first month there was still so many toxins stored in old cellulite etc that during that time went down the toilet.  Also (raw) cheese and (raw) kefir can slow things down, and (raw) eggs and high-meats can quicken things, none are necessary though for most people.

Raw kefir slows things down. Does it slow detoxifying? or elimination ?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:31 am »
Raw kefir slows things down. Does it slow detoxifying? or elimination ?

For me, I sleep more, but it's not bad.  I sleep well.  I have treated people who had incredible bad diarrhea.  The kefir helped them get well and stop that where nothing else worked well.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:05:32 am »
Topic moved to raw zero-carb forum, for obvious reasons.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk