Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Mike

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hey all
« on: June 17, 2008, 07:56:49 am »
Well, it took me a week or so to finally make a post, but here it is! Thanks to Craig for putting this site up and for making the post over at Sunfood with the link to this site, and to Raw Kyle for making posts about raw meat over there as well. I've been working my way toward raw meat the last couple months, and this is a really great resource for a lot of the information I've been looking for!

I've been trying some simple raw preparations with grass-fed beef and lamb, and some liver, although grass-fed isn't easy to find here (hooray Jersey!....argh), and I've been enjoying them more than I thought I would initially. I'm still on the fence about other stuff I've had in my diet, like raw dairy, some vegetables, hemp, and a little fruit, I've been slowly weaning myself off of it lately. My next two things are to find a good local grass-fed supplier and to get blood work done, to see the progress I've made in the last few months.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:30:55 am »
Where in Jersey are you? I have a very good supplier for the South Jersey area, comes to Pennsauken once a week.

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:26:36 pm »
Welcome Mike!

I actually got turned on to raw animal foods by an RPD-er on a raw vegan forum myself. I'm open-minded and what he had to say made sense. I investigated, had a lot of questions and ended up making the right choice.
You're welcome but this was actually the idea of Tyler aka Geoff from the rawpaleodiet yahoo group.
He's on "holiday" for June but is a wealth of info. This forum is against following strict rules, gurus, and the like.

Here's a thread about grass-fed meat sources:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/meat-sources/

Craig

Offline Mike

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »
Hey Kyle, I'm close to Pennsauken -- I'm moving to Deptford next week, and I work in Cherry Hill. I'd definitely be interested in learning more about your supplier!

Offline Mike

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:12:32 pm »
Thanks, Craig! I've actually checked out Slanker's (Lex's link in that thread), and I was figuring on using them if I couldn't find something local. Lots of good info and products there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk