Author Topic: What's happening?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
What's happening?
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:13:31 pm »
Alright dudes.

What's happening in raw Paleo world then? I'm in Guatemala and not doing raw Paleo, so it's a bit cognitive dissonance inducing to come here and read about how my foods messing me up. I wondered how you guys were though.

The closest I get to rp is a rare steak as often as possible. The meat is questionable, but at least it is kept outside. I do get some health benefits from it. I've been trying to eat fairly high fat, but feeling sick of avocadoes and olive oil. reckon there is some truth in what the nay sayers feel about harmful plant chemicals as I just can't face another avocado : ) 

William

Re: What's happening?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:35:30 pm »
Lots of people have trouble with veggie fat; try animal fat instead.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:53:39 am »
Yes, I too suspect it's the veggie fat that's getting to you, rather than plant toxins. I had difficulty digesting pure extra virgin coconut oil.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 10:48:14 am »
Alright dudes.

What's happening in raw Paleo world then? I'm in Guatemala and not doing raw Paleo, so it's a bit cognitive dissonance inducing to come here and read about how my foods messing me up. I wondered how you guys were though.

The closest I get to rp is a rare steak as often as possible. The meat is questionable, but at least it is kept outside. I do get some health benefits from it. I've been trying to eat fairly high fat, but feeling sick of avocadoes and olive oil. reckon there is some truth in what the nay sayers feel about harmful plant chemicals as I just can't face another avocado : ) 

Do they not have ceviche in Guatemala?  I eat it all the time when I'm in Costa Rica.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:47:19 pm »
Yeh they're into ceviche.. I haven't tried yet. Only wish I could get animal fat :)

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:52:56 am »
One thing, albeit not relevent, is that I have noticed one critical thing to diet is how your eat - not just what. I found that I keep eating, although not really being that hungry, more because I felt i should. Since changing that minor, but significant detail I have noticed a huge difference in my mood, energy, and health.

Mate all the best to you on your travels - come home safe.

Dave

(just read the above, I am refering to the quantity of food I suppose, time of day, etc etc. I used to do things like, get home late when all i really wanted to do was sleep, but ended up feasting and wondering why I then wouldnt sleep etc etc. Recently I started listenning more to my body, eating less, and working harder for my food - not being such a glutton, thats 'whats happening' with me old chap :) )

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 06:45:03 am »
Yeh I've been trying that one. Not too much food, make the best of what's around. Def better than binging. Take care mate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk