Author Topic: Stephen Morrissey - vegan  (Read 3704 times)

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Stephen Morrissey - vegan
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:53:41 am »
Has anyone noticed that Stephen Morrissey, a committed vegan, has such poor health that he not only recently collapsed early in a concert, but has had to cancel a dozen or so concerts and appearences due to failing health.  Still he clings to the no animal food of any kind mantra and will fire anyone working for him caught eating any kind of animal food.  He's only 50.  His health certainly doesn't make a compelling case to follow his dietary path.

Lex

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Stephen Morrissey - vegan
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:21:04 pm »
The militant vegans are the worst. I gather Paul McCartney's  ex-wife, Heather Mills, has the same sort of rules re banning anyone working under her from eating any animal food at all(must have a high turnover of staff!). It's not just food they ban, clothes/shoes derived from wool/leather are banned and so on. These people are not remotely motivated by health but by concern for animal-rights. Personally, I'm as fanatical re animal rights as these kind of people(I don't go in for bombing animal laboratories, though!), but since I view eating some raw meats as essential to health, I can't possibly view that as conflicting with my take on animal-welfare. Besides, there are so many reasons for doubting the vegan take that eating plants will save animals - one only has to look at the English countryside to see that agriculture is way more harmful - the UK's littered with fields almost devoid of wildlife, with only a couple of bushes every square mile or so(purely put there to prevent erosion and the like).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:55:23 am »
If the claim is true, that he's been vegetarian/vegan since age of 11, he does not look that bad at 50.  Considering he was not ingesting animal fat for about 40 years I would assume he would collapse a lot sooner.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 06:43:21 am »
Great musician though, groundbreaking.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:20:29 pm »
There was some suggestion in the media that the "collapse" was fake. The fans apparently booed at Morrissey because he's had these "collapses" before.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk