Author Topic: SARDINES. Check it baby!  (Read 14523 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: SARDINES. Check it baby!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 10:41:28 am »
cherimoya_kid, my mom used to tell me that fresh raw shrimp has a sweet taste in it. she is talking about 50 yrs ago, all her cousins swimming and fishing in a river where they often catch all those yummy fish and shrimps, they eat right away. the quality of those shrimps in china town i just don't know (farm raised). still, i'll try some. thanks.

Yes fresh raw shrimp has a sweet taste in it.  I concur with your mom.  Fresh raw ocean big prawns are just too gosh darn expensive for me I cannot have it regularly.  My grass fed raw beef sirloin is 290 pesos per kilo, while big 6 to 8 inch prawns are 650 pesos per kilo.  :o  Eating fresh raw prawns is a dreamy luxury for me.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 11:02:24 am »
... fresh raw shrimp has a sweet taste in it.  ...  Fresh raw ocean big prawns are just too gosh darn expensive ...  My grass fed raw beef sirloin is 290 pesos per kilo, while big 6 to 8 inch prawns are 650 pesos per kilo.  :o  Eating fresh raw prawns is a dreamy luxury ...

I don't eat shrimp often, but raw wild-caught fresh shrimp are delicious.  I haven't tried farmed.  Are farmed shrimp safe for us to eat?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 11:56:43 am »
Sully,  I love North star, Mary, is great.  I use to buy my fat from them too, until they ran out for the reason you mentioned.  I sampled the 'other' bison fat.  It was pretty rank, as in oxidized.  Maybe you got a different lot, but look for the soap smell (unpleasant) and slight burn in the back of the throat.  And please don't mention my name if you do talk about it with her.  I wouldn't want her to think I am slighting any of their products.  Thanks
Really? I haven't experienced what you mentioned. Maybe I did get a different batch. Well, I hope so. I will look for that smell though......

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 02:24:54 pm »
    I don't eat shrimp often, but raw wild-caught fresh shrimp are delicious.  I haven't tried farmed.  Are farmed shrimp safe for us to eat?

I wouldn't eat farmed shrimps, they swim in their own poops.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline nurture

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 03:28:50 pm »
mmmm sardines are amazing!! I have a middle eastern grocery store near me that has previously frozen raw wild sardines (from portugal, i believe) for only $3.99/lb. They aren't gutted so I get to enjoy the amazing innards mmmmm. I love the pieces of pure fat that are so creamy and delicious. After I eat the sardines I can feel my body flow with pleasure (prob from all the omega-3s). I just cut the heads off and eat the entire thing, I feel like the bones are helping with my mineral deficiencies. The guts are also probably nutrifying my corresponding organs too (I take out the colon, but is fish poop nutritious? just curious)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 03:52:33 pm »
I just cut the heads
The heads are very nutritious!
but is fish poop nutritious? just curious
Yeah, the sardines probably eat a lot of algae and seaweeds and make them more bioavailable to humans.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 08:47:46 pm »
The heads are very nutritious!Yeah, the sardines probably eat a lot of algae and seaweeds and make them more bioavailable to humans.

I agree.  Fish heads are great.  As long as they are small enough to chew.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 11:51:00 pm »
I agree.  Fish heads are great.  As long as they are small enough to chew.
heads are high in calcium and they're the super bone meal. you can ferment those small fish easily. they're delicious!!
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 01:03:37 am »
heads are high in calcium and they're the super bone meal. you can ferment those small fish easily. they're delicious!!
Stinky heads of fish are eaten by Alaskan Inuits - they are considered as huge delicacy
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk