Author Topic: Devon :)  (Read 3542 times)

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Devon :)
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:33:03 am »
Anyone live in Devon?

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Devon :)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:51:06 am »
Sadly not - I'm in Norwich, Norfolk.  I love Devon though and did holiday there earlier this year staying on the farm I have my grass-fed meat delivered from!

Are you from Devon phatdave?
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:14:10 am »
Nope, but I am moving there tomorrow!

Oh really that sounds interesting about staying on the farm, truth be told I was looking to find work on such a farm, which is one reason why I am moving there. In fact I have been buying my meat from a nice farm in Devon too that have a stall at Londons Borough market and they sell under the name 'Wild Beef'. Would this happen to be 'your' farm too?

Oh really Norfolk? I grew up in Suffolk :)

I guess that makes us either mortal enemies, or friendly neighbours!  ;) (I always much prefered Norwich to Ipswich. I am indeed traitorous!)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:53 am »
I popped out in Bedford.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:10:52 am »
good luck with the move!!

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:12:01 am »
Wow!  An Ipswich boy phatdave?!  My Norwich City supporting partner would not approve!  :)  Glad to hear that you prefer Norwich though.  That may buy you acceptance as a friendly neighbour! :)  I'm from Essex originally and have only lived in Norfolk for the last 7 years after much travelling around but do really like the area.

Good luck with the move to Devon - you lucky thing!  I would be there in a shot if only I could convince my girlfriend.  I know of Wild Beef but haven't resorted to using them yet as they never replied to my emails.  I'm very happy with the 2 suppliers I use - one in Devon and one in Shropshire.  How do you find Wild Beef produce?  Email me offline if you'd like further details about the farm I stayed on.  I guess they may have some work for you.

You're from Bedford Andrew?!  Amazing.  How old were you when you were shipped out to Australia?
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:34:49 am »

You're from Bedford Andrew?!  Amazing.  How old were you when you were shipped out to Australia?

Yep stole a loaf of bread and was shipped out with the other criminals! I'm from a small village nearby to Bedford, I was four but went back for long stints since. I do miss certain things but not November to March!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk