Author Topic: Count me in on this Wai Diet thing...  (Read 104095 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Count me in on this Wai Diet thing...
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:31:45 pm »
I live in the Philippines and we have so many many lovely fruits.
Fruits rock much better than veggies.
I used to do exclusive wai for 2 months, but not the eating schedule.
Call me lazy.  I just want a few meals a day. 
I added raw beef and cooked pork because I needed variety, it was getting pretty boring just limited to raw egg yolks and raw fish.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Count me in on this Wai Diet thing...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »
How's it working out? Do you have friends or family that share your diet with you? What kinds of fruits are there in the Philippines that I might not have seen in an American grocery store?

Metallica

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 11:44:24 am »
i have followed the WAI diet almost 100% for 8 months. I originally got on the diet to improve my skin. This diet did wonders for my skin but i eventually started running into problems and i started to be extremely fatigued, etc.. it seems the fruit was getting to much for me.

but its a great diet for those who thrive on lots of fruits, unfortunately i due poorly on fruits.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:17:44 pm »
I live in the Philippines and the fruits are abundant, grown organic and wild.
This is why I can eat a lot of fruit safely.
Just google on Philippine fruits or check out flickr.
In season now are atis, green indian mango, watermelon, melons, santol, avocados, guavas, yellow mangoes just finished, next month come the durians and always in season are papayas, pineapples, 4 different bananas and coconuts and there are other lesser known, wild and non-commercial fruit like balimbing and aratilis.

Since we are an archipelago we have lots of ocean fish, many types.  This is why my diet is more wai diet.  But I added beef, goat and some chicken for variety.

We don't buy imported fruit because they are likely sprayed, chemicalized, irradiated, etc.  I suggest you buy local fruits too.  If I were in the USA, I wouldnt buy Philippine mangoes, coconuts, bananas or pineapples.  I would get sick from the pollution, the pesticides and chemicals they put in those for-export fruits.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:20:19 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:44:15 pm »
I live in the Philippines and the fruits are abundant, grown organic and wild.
This is why I can eat a lot of fruit safely.
Just google on Philippine fruits or check out flickr.
In season now are atis, green indian mango, watermelon, melons, santol, avocados, guavas, yellow mangoes just finished, next month come the durians and always in season are papayas, pineapples, 4 different bananas and coconuts and there are other lesser known, wild and non-commercial fruit like balimbing and aratilis.

Since we are an archipelago we have lots of ocean fish, many types.  This is why my diet is more wai diet.  But I added beef, goat and some chicken for variety.

We don't buy imported fruit because they are likely sprayed, chemicalized, irradiated, etc.  I suggest you buy local fruits too.  If I were in the USA, I wouldnt buy Philippine mangoes, coconuts, bananas or pineapples.  I would get sick from the pollution, the pesticides and chemicals they put in those for-export fruits.

What do the following fruits look and taste like, please:- atis, santol, guavas, bambiling and aratilis taste like? I've never had them before but I may have had durian(I think) once - what does durian taste and look like, just in case I didn't taste it, after all? Thanks
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:41:58 am »
atis:
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Atis.html

guavas: (bayabas)
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Bayabas.html

santol:
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Santol.html

Balimbing:
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Balimbing.html

Aratilis:
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Aratiles.html

Durian:
http://www.stuartxchange.org/Durian.html

All the fruits have a unique taste.  The taste is as the fruit is named.

Durian smells bad to most people, but it always smelled really good to me and those who love it.  The taste is absolutely great and it is something we save up money for because Durian is expensive in Manila.  But it is cheap in the south where it is grown like Davao City.

The vegan guru David Wolf describes durian this way in his book:

"Ideal Foods

Good, fresh durian must be one of the most incredible edibles on Earth. Once, the editor of Nature’s First Law radical raw-food magazine Just Eat An Apple, Fred Patenaude, and I were passing by an Asian market in San Diego, we stopped in and, sure enough, they had fresh, ripe, durian! I bought the ripest durian available. In the car, Fred and I split the durian. It was ambrosia. The taste was so light, so subtle, so powerful that it immediately sent us into an altered state. While we ate, I told a story to Fred. Afterward, I looked over and Fred had not heard a word I said. He was in outer space. I could not reach him – he did not want to be reached. That is the power of the durian!

The durian fruit of southeast Asia contains incredible fat and sugar, putting us right at the midpoint between the two. Added with green-leafy foods, we can live on durian alone, at least for some time. A raw-foodist once told me he believed durian and raw cannabis constituted humanity’s most natural foods. I thought that was interesting."

I think Thailand makes the best durians, I tasted some thai durian when I was in jakarta indonesia and people were all lined up in that store that had a big sign announcing: "Thai Monthok Durian for Sale!"

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:15:18 pm »
No, obviously I've never had durian before. Interesting pictures. It just goes to show what limited selection there is of fruit available in supermarkets, despite global trading.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mors01

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 09:05:57 pm »
I found frozen durian in an asian supermarket (in Canada). I liked it. It did have a strong smell, but I wouldn't call it "bad". I've eaten it only once, to try it. I agree that one should eat local and not imported things.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 10:59:17 am »
Wai Diet- High in fruit; low in a limited selection of animal foods; raw vegetables and dairy are forbidden.

Any kind of fruit?  Ripe?  Can you have honey?  Are cooked vegetables included? 

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 09:00:04 pm »
There are two versions of the Diet and some controversy to boot.

http://www.freeacnebook.com/contents.htm

There is the free acne book and then there is The Sample Diet which has become a separate Diet unto itself.

Wai the Woman was more involved with The Acne Book, which was I believe was the first incarnation of The Wai Diet. But her then boyfriend RRM decided to take The Sampl Diet, which includes no 'MUNCH Foods' and make it the mainstay of The Diet. This after Wai kind of disappeared off the forums and the scene as it were. It's rummored, or was, that they are no longer together.

I lost 40lbs following Wai's version. I ended up disagreeing with how RRM had taken over and was not quoting the original book acuratly. It was around that time The Sample Diet was made into it's own thing. Sadly, RRM left a sour taste in my mouth- ehh that doesn't sound right  :o and I left the scene myself. Still pop in once in a while to cause some trouble  -\

I also disagreed with the Orange juice, sugar and olive oil drink that is a very big part of RRM's way of getting adequate energy. And I personally could only eat one to two sweet fruits a day before I started gaining weight. And sadly the thought of eating a tomato and cucumber salad, which I once truly enjoyed nearly every day, now makes me want to gag.

I do think the Free Acne Book with With Wai is terrific and interesting and if you haven't read it I recommend it.

Best wishes,
Avalon  ;D

coconinoz

lemurian?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:45 am »

the philippine, south asian, tropical pacific ocean scene makes me think that their foodstyle is more lemurian than cro-magnon
no wooly mammoth or bison
perhaps from a previous inter-glaciation period than the cro-magnon?

when i relocate to borabora i'll be enjoying durians galore & coconut water (no coconut oil, please)... then fresh caught swordfish, shark, shellfish... then wild pig & goat...

what a life!

coconinoz

lemurian?
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 02:35:18 am »

woops
i meant to say south-east-asia, including sri-lanka
india is different; i know that really well

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 03:22:21 am »
As in lemurs? Lemurs eat bamboo.

coconinoz

lemuria
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:56 am »

lemuria (mu)

Offline KateWilliams

• Forager
    • View Profile
Water Diet
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:57 pm »
Diet drinks and weight loss don't necessarily go hand in had. I've seen research showing diet sodas actually promote weight gain, not weight loss. In the next 2 minutes.

Diet Drinks :

1. Stevia Waters

Look, plain water probably doesn't excite you. It doesn't for me either. I like to have a nice sweet taste with my drinks. Problem is, sugar and man-made sugar substitutes suck and are bad for you. The way around this is to use Stevia. It's a NATURAL sugar substitute that's actually sweeter than sugar.

2. Protein shakes

This is a true diet drink even though you won't see it on the label. These fill you up moderately and are loaded with healthy protein which feeds your muscles, which in turn burn off lots of calories BECAUSE your muscles burn up 4-8 times more calories than your fat.

To put it simply, if you're not having protein shakes daily, you are not maximizing your weight loss.

Use these 2 diet drinks and weight loss will happen... it's as simple as that.

Offline Carnál

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Water Diet
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 03:38:16 pm »
    You practice the Wai Diet?

Diet drinks and weight loss don't necessarily go hand in had...

Offline agenwe2009

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »
Hi guys i am new here guys did u know that green is very help full for weight loss. Try green tea i hope you will get a better result.

Offline aariel

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Water Diet
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 07:36:39 am »
Studies have shown that even thinking about sweet foods causes your insulin levels to rise.
The brain can't tell the difference between a natural and artificial sweetener. I don't mean YOU can't tell the difference,
I mean that when the sweet taste buds are stimulated, the brain makes insulin. This means that artificial sweeteners
may actually be worse than normal sweeteners because your body makes insulin and then there is nothing for it to
react with so it all goes towards making your cells more insulin resistant. Or at least that's how the theory goes.
There needs to be more research on this, but of course there is tons of money to prove Nutrasweet is safe and almost
none proving that it isn't.

Cheers,

Paul

Diet drinks and weight loss don't necessarily go hand in had. I've seen research showing diet sodas actually promote weight gain, not weight loss. In the next 2 minutes.

Diet Drinks :

1. Stevia Waters

Look, plain water probably doesn't excite you. It doesn't for me either. I like to have a nice sweet taste with my drinks. Problem is, sugar and man-made sugar substitutes suck and are bad for you. The way around this is to use Stevia. It's a NATURAL sugar substitute that's actually sweeter than sugar.

2. Protein shakes

This is a true diet drink even though you won't see it on the label. These fill you up moderately and are loaded with healthy protein which feeds your muscles, which in turn burn off lots of calories BECAUSE your muscles burn up 4-8 times more calories than your fat.

To put it simply, if you're not having protein shakes daily, you are not maximizing your weight loss.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 09:37:51 am »
of course, we all know about green tea. how about you about your raw diet!! by the way, i'm bangali and currently living in usa. i'm thrilled to see that one more bangali like me. well, you will be surprised to see yourself after a few yrs to continue this lifestyle. idon't know living in bangladesh, how you'll be eating healthy. our social lives are very different. well, wish you the best and you can email me sittul@yahoo.com. thanks
bugs or country chickens

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 11:31:11 pm »
I'm not sure that agenwe2009 is on a raw diet yet.  I think they googled the word diet, as in weightloss, and just posted here for that reason.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
I think this is Spam.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 02:49:54 pm »
Super Slim Pomegranate is a revolutionary weight loss product made popular worldwide. Package includes 30 capsules. PACKAGES WITH SILVER ON BOTH SIDES ARE FAKE! The authentic capsules are are packaged with green foil on one side and silver on the other. Beware of sellers that lie to you about all silver packaging. The fake all silver packaging is not effective, so don't waste your money. You can get the authentic capsules on take2daydiet@gmail.com :)

Super Slim Pomegranate, an incredible diet capsules! I bought it from www.take2daydiet.com and have been taking this product for 6 days. I have lost 7lbs!!!! It really helps you control your appetite and eat smaller portions. The ingredients of this product are Granada Nut, Extract of HydroxyCitric Acid (HCA), Apple, Kiwi, Teng Huang fruit, Jerusalem artichoke, Sweet potato, and Giantarum, which are healthy for your diet. There is less side effects when taking the capsules. If you want to be more attractive, this authentic capsules must be really the best choice for you.  :)
paleo? the sweet potato is not.  is this raw?  welcome.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »
The e-mail which I just deleted and you unfortunately quoted is just a silly spam-message. Please ignore in future  any first post by a particular member  which advertises something,
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 06:31:40 pm »
    Should I hit "report to moderator"?  I was thinking to do that.  I wasn't sure, as I've never done that before.  Answer me here or in a PM.  Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 06:38:02 pm »
    Should I hit "report to moderator"?  I was thinking to do that.  I wasn't sure, as I've never done that before.  Answer me here or in a PM.  Thanks.
Yeah, by all means use the report to moderator function. Usually, though, when it's an obvious spam-message like this one we usually have the post deleted and the spam account banned within a few hours, but, if the post is just dodgy but not yet overtly spam-like or troll-like, we really appreciate advance warning.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 07:07:45 pm »
    Okee dokee.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk