Author Topic: Advice on how to heal the gut  (Read 32452 times)

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on how to heal the gut
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:53 pm »
So yesterday I had raw eggs for the first time and loved them. I also had some vegetable juice with mostly cabbage to help heal my gut. I had virtually no reaction to either one and my gut has been quiet for the first time in many many weeks. For dinner I had some raw ground bison with some raw honey and I felt relaxed and calm a couple hours afterwards. My approach is going to be to follow sort of a healing regimen as designed by AV (no dairy though of course) and when I'm better I can tinker my diet and explore more RPD configurations. The only negative is my detox process has caused my anxiety and disassociation to go through the roof as my body prepares to eliminate all the waste. Hopefully today I can go to the bathroom a couple of times at least and get rid of all the waste. My stools right now have been very pale in color which I guess indicates a lack of bile output? Anyways I'll keep this updated.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 12:09:25 am »
No problem. :)
I'm one of the zero-carb raw members here on the board. Mind you, this isn't by choice but necessity due to a mix of food allergies and suspected Candida overgrowth. If I could eat some carbs without problems I'd most definitely have some fruit to supplement my diet but alas I can't, at least for the time being.

My typical day will involve a good size meal (~1 pound of meat with 1/4 pound or so of fat, all raw) eaten anywhere from 8am-12pm depending on my energy left over from the previous night's meal as well as if I've done any stenuous work that morning.
If I'm doing a lot of energy expending work (either physical exercise or just mental energy as my job [project manager for an architectural firm] sometimes takes a lot of heavy thinking), or the quality of my meat is less than optimal (I've noticed I personally get less nourishment from previously frozen meat as opposed to fresh) I may need another meal 4-5 hours later of close to the same size.
Dinner is another meal of generally the same size but with a conscious effort to include a bit more fat as it's much more sustaining for me.
As time has gone on I've shifted from more frequent tiny meals to two larger meals in general each day. I attribute this wholly to my processing the fat better.

If I could eat carbs I'd eat a large meal of meat and fat in the mornings, a light snack of some fruit at ~3PMish as any glycemic shift wouldn't interfere with much of my work day, and a large meal of meat/fat at 6-7PM. This would give plenty of digestion time at each meal and should be very sustaining for the body. :)

Fast way to cure candida is with VCO detox (if you are not allergic to VCO).  Cured my candida in 3 days.
See http://www.tinyurl.com/vcodetox
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 03:40:28 am »
Fast way to cure candida is with VCO detox (if you are not allergic to VCO).  Cured my candida in 3 days.
See http://www.tinyurl.com/vcodetox

Can't, allergic to coconuts. I'm also allergic/intolerant to basically plant matter in general so all of the herbal remedies I've read up on over the years would do more harm than any good. Saturated animal fat is working well enough for me. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 12:43:47 am »
Hey Guys,

I want to know if the following symptoms are common for a detox. I've been having itchiness and darkened vision, general fatigue, and stools have often been a bit pale or slightly green but diarrhea has not been constant. My anxiety right now has been through the roof and only subsides a bit after eating raw meats (before it was the opposite), but I also get heavy gas or a heartburn feeling (but no bloating or inflamation) after my meals. If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it. I know I still have a long way to go as I've only been raw for 8 days, but any encouragement or insight would be very helpful.

I should also add I have two contaminants in my body. Two mercury amalgam fillings left in my mouth to remove and I am also slowly tapering off of the white poison Lexapro an SSRI which I've been on for 4 years.
I probably also have chlorine toxicity from 4 years of high school swimming.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:56:08 am by Spearhead »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 12:54:23 am »
Hey Guys,

I want to know if the following symptoms are common for a detox. I've been having itchiness and darkened vision, general fatigue, and stools have often been a bit pale or slightly green but diarrhea has not been constant. My anxiety right now has been through the roof and only subsides a bit after eating rat meats (before it was the opposite), but I also get heavy gas or a heartburn feeling (but no bloating or inflamation) after my meals.

I wish I could help you here.  I have no first hand experience with rat meats.  Do you mean raw meats?  I heard rat meat can be useful in healing, but I don't know anyone who ate rat raw or even ate meat from any regular size rat.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:23:43 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 12:55:45 am »
    I wish I could help you here.  I have no first hand experience wit rat meats.  Do you mean raw meats?  I heard rat meat can be useful in healing, but I don't know anyone who ate rat raw or even ate meat from any regular size rat.

;D Sorry for the typo. Yeah I mean raw meats, I'm not at the stage to eat rat yet.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:46 am »
My anxiety right now has been through the roof and only subsides a bit after eating raw meats (before it was the opposite), but I also get heavy gas or a heartburn feeling (but no bloating or inflamation) after my meals. If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Were you practicing omnivore diet or vegetarian diet before?  Were you getting bloating or inflammation before you changed diets?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 01:28:49 am »
    Were you practicing omnivore diet or vegetarian diet before?  Were you getting bloating or inflammation before you changed diets?

Omnivore, Weston a price type diet. I had horrible inflammation.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 02:18:03 am »
I should also mention I've had crazy mouth and canker sores, all inside my mouth, and an increase in acne and zits. Also, I get some small mosquito bite size itchy bumps on my stomach. Are these signs of detox?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:23 am »
    It could be.  Grain makes toxic fat and organs.  WAP is big on whole grains I think.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 03:19:19 am »
My PH level is more alkalized than usual, and I feel like I have some acid reflux. I think this might be from one of two things. Either eating too much raw honey or the small amount of raw kefir which I have (which I know many here shun). I'm going to try dropping them and see what happens.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 05:30:55 am »
eating too much raw honey

People here aren't too big on sweets.  Number one, your honey may not be unheated.  Number two, even so, it should only be used sparingly.  Then, kefir, may not be paleo, but I've never seen it raw in a store.  I tried store-bought kefir once, and although it was "fresh as can be" it stank to my nose.  I'm very sensitive to smells especially dairy.  Did you make the kefir?  And if so, what kind of "grains"? 

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:23 am »
    People here aren't too big on sweets.  Number one, your honey may not be unheated.  Number two, even so, it should only be used sparingly.  Then, kefir, may not be paleo, but I've never seen it raw in a store.  I tried store-bought kefir once, and although it was "fresh as can be" it stank to my nose.  I'm very sensitive to smells especially dairy.  Did you make the kefir?  And if so, what kind of "grains"? 

The honey is unheated but you are right I might be overdoing it. But for this to cause acid reflux seems a bit odd. The Kefir is super high quality from an amish farmer and tastes very good. Any recipes for acid reflux?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 06:22:53 am »
I got sores around my mouth big time in the days I consumed dairy. Get rid of the kefir. What other foods do you eat other than those mentioned?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 06:37:14 am »
The honey is unheated but you are right I might be overdoing it. But for this to cause acid reflux seems a bit odd. The Kefir is super high quality from an amish farmer and tastes very good. Any recipes for acid reflux?

The only Amish kefir I got, although fresh from the farm, was disgusting.  Biodynamic at home is the only palatable to me. 

Have you tried making bonemeal?

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 06:59:20 am »
I got sores around my mouth big time in the days I consumed dairy. Get rid of the kefir. What other foods do you eat other than those mentioned?

I'm eating a lot of raw ground bison meat, raw ground lamb, and raw ground turkey along with some bison organs with a lot of avocado for the fats, especially with the bison. I eat a lot of ground meats to ease my digestion, eventually I will try slicing my own muscle meats. I tried raw chicken the other day and hated it. Lots of raw eggs as well.  For carbs I'm doing the PD style green juices with mostly celery, I know most people don't like them, but I have had a good reaction to them and I feel like my digestion is eased by having it in liquid form.

Basically, I'm not too dependent on dairy, I'd been using the kefir because I had it available. The only dairy I plan to keep using is unsalted butter and an occasional raw swiss cheese as I never have a problem with either of these and I enjoy how they make me feel. Liquid and cream form dairy doesn't seem to work for me at all, at least not in the current state of my gut. I've been overdoing the raw honey I think, but it has helped me clear my throat and mucus a bit.

The big problem now is my acid reflux, I'm going to stop the kefir and limit the honey to see what happens.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 07:16:09 am »
 For carbs I'm doing the PD style green juices with mostly celery, I know most people don't like them, but I have had a good reaction to them and I feel like my digestion is eased by having it in liquid form.

The big problem now is my acid reflux, I'm going to stop the kefir and limit the honey to see what happens.

If you're doing the green juice anyway, have you tried cabbage and parsley juiced along with it, then when the juice is ready stir/blend cucumber into it.  That might be a better green juice for your stomach right now.  For me, if and when I juice, cilantro and zucchini are my best additions if any.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 10:46:58 pm »
Well I've reached another low. Feeling really tired and fatigued today. Stomach is not really inflammed, but the acid build up is still there and I have itchiness and rash in different parts of my body. I bought some bentonite clay to see if I can cleanse my colon out and I'm going to get some terramin clays which I know is superior to arrive by monday. I need to reverse this and quick because I can barely function right now, it takes all of my effort just to drive to work.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 11:29:02 pm »
I bought some bentonite clay to see if I can cleanse my colon out and I'm going to get some terramin clays which I know is superior to arrive by monday.

Uh, you will likely have a good experience with bentonite.  Have you tried it before?  I have.  Most people into health say it's good.  I only tried one teaspoon once though, exactly in the manner recommended.  I got sicker than ever apparently as the result.  Bentonite is heated.  If it were me right now, I would wait for the terramin or find something else in the meantime.  Can't you take today off and just bundle up in a simple blanket for twenty-four hours? (close to the bathroom).  Have you tried charcoal or do you have some good organic earth (unheated)?  I know charcoal isn't raw, but it has helped me in extreme situations and is ancient and traditional.  

Maybe you eating all your meats preground from the store is the problem.  I could never do that.  It gives me weird nightmares.

I'm also curious to know if you think a Metabolic type diet as developed by Dr. William Walcott is compatible with RPD? I for one am a bit skeptical of ZC even though I believe the human diet should be largely protein based.

Any help you guys can give would be awesome.

Fat based works for me.  I do best at about eighty-percent fat.  Feels like I get rabbit starvation otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:34:10 pm by RawZi »

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 11:37:48 pm »
   Uh, you will likely have a good experience with bentonite.  Have you tried it before?  I have.  Most people into health say it's good.  I only tried one teaspoon once though, exactly in the manner recommended.  I got sicker than ever apparently as the result.  Bentonite is heated.  If it were me right now, I would wait for the terramin or find something else in the meantime.  Can't you take today off and just bundle up in a simple blanket for twenty-four hours? (close to the bathroom).  Have you tried charcoal or do you have some good organic earth (unheated)?  I know charcoal isn't raw, but it has helped me in extreme situations and is ancient and traditional.  

Maybe you eating all your meats preground from the store is the problem.  I could never do that.  It gives me weird nightmares.

I get all my meat from US Wellness meats and North Star Bison. I don't think the meats are the problem, I think something else is causing this. I'll wait for the terramin then and hope to get better. The major thing is not only am I fatigued, but without being able to really digest my fats, my adrenals get no relief, so I am very anxious, feel disassociated and like I'm going to fall asleep or pass out. And no, I can't really take off of work, my job is not very understanding about stuff like this, and anyways I could very well feel the same tomorrow for all I know.

For the time being I'm just going to eat nothing but eggs and sip chamomile tea. If I feel better this afternoon I'll eat a little raw lamb. It's really frustrating how many setbacks I keep having, everytime I think I'm better I get setback exponentially it seems.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 12:22:11 am »
I get all my meat from US Wellness meats and North Star Bison. I don't think the meats are the problem, I think something else is causing this. I'll wait for the terramin then and hope to get better. The major thing is not only am I fatigued, but without being able to really digest my fats, my adrenals get no relief, so I am very anxious, feel disassociated and like I'm going to fall asleep or pass out. And no, I can't really take off of work, my job is not very understanding about stuff like this, and anyways I could very well feel the same tomorrow for all I know.

I think you had mentioned it's US Wellness.  I must have forgotten.  Even so, with the best of ground meats that aajonus would buy himself in best case scenario and ate it only an hour later, I won't even try it a second time.  Maybe mine was too high in fat for me too.  If I ever grind my meat, I prefer to grind it within only a few short minutes of when I eat it.  I have never ground meat if the meat had been wrapped in any kind of celophane.  It might be fine, but something unconscious in side me I don't think thinks that.

The lying in bed is not because you are impaired from working.  I took dahn energy classes.  When I was not able to do anything I called them and told them so.  They told me to stay in bed 24 hr straight bundled up warm to GET BETTER.  I did so, and it worked.  Sometimes a total rest is what's o tn order to heal.  Animals do it.  We probably would in paleo times too, we just had to find some out of the way nook.

Do you think you should go to a healthcare practitioner, doctor or some other outside help to see you in person?

For the time being I'm just going to eat nothing but eggs and sip chamomile tea. If I feel better this afternoon I'll eat a little raw lamb. It's really frustrating how many setbacks I keep having, everytime I think I'm better I get setback exponentially it seems.  

Get well soon.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 12:52:01 am »
   I think you had mentioned it's US Wellness.  I must have forgotten.  Even so, with the best of ground meats that aajonus would buy himself in best case scenario and ate it only an hour later, I won't even try it a second time.  Maybe mine was too high in fat for me too.  If I ever grind my meat, I prefer to grind it within only a few short minutes of when I eat it.  I have never ground meat if the meat had been wrapped in any kind of celophane.  It might be fine, but something unconscious in side me I don't think thinks that.

The lying in bed is not because you are impaired from working.  I took dahn energy classes.  When I was not able to do anything I called them and told them so.  They told me to stay in bed 24 hr straight bundled up warm to GET BETTER.  I did so, and it worked.  Sometimes a total rest is what's o tn order to heal.  Animals do it.  We probably would in paleo times too, we just had to find some out of the way nook.

Do you think you should go to a healthcare practitioner, doctor or some other outside help to see you in person?

Get well soon.

Thanks for your support! I don't really feel super ill actually, at least not in the normal sense of a flu or bug, I am just tired and dazed and super anxious from lack of good digestion. I feel confident that if I can get rid of this over acidity I can really start to heal and take major strides. Any health practitioner is just going to give me useless herbs or worse yet, drugs, when I need to fix the internal problem going on. I think if I just have smaller meals spaced out more, and I drink a little less in green juices, and use the clay on monday, I'll be able to recover 100%.

What I want to know if someone could help is, what is the underlying reason this is happening? Is it bacteria proliferation taking out the junk? Is this some form of detoxing going on? I really want to get to the heart of the matter. I should clarify, it's overacidity that is the problem, I'm not having much reflux anymore.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 01:41:21 am »
Thanks for your support! ... Any health practitioner is just going to give me useless herbs or worse yet, drugs, when I need to fix the internal problem going on. ... I should clarify, it's overacidity that is the problem, I'm not having much reflux anymore.

You're welcome. 

I actually had other stuff health-wise going on too, but the day I described I was totally fatigued. 

I remember, well, my son got sick a few years ago, and after trying everything alternative we could find, we then were trying with a doctor. 

This doctor gave him about eight different types of medicines all at the same time.  My son's digestion got totally ruined when previously it was mostly only reflux during this illness.  Anyway, the doctor was wrong and to save my son from possible death my son and I decided he should not take four of the medicine and go to a good traditional acupuncturist. 

One treatment, and his digestion was worlds better. 

I hear acupuncture started when soldiers looked dead during a battle, and they were laid at the side on rocks to keep the bodies out of the way until after the battle, or something like that.  I don't know if it's true.  Anyway, enough of them would recover from appearing dead after laying on the rocks.  Supposedly acupuncture was developed by observing this.  So, I think something based on rocks might be considered somewhat paleo. 

Have you tried acupuncture?  No pharmaceuticals involved and my son got well enough even though he did not drink the acupuncturist's herbs. 

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 02:25:26 am »
   You're welcome.  

I actually had other stuff health-wise going on too, but the day I described I was totally fatigued.  

I remember, well, my son got sick a few years ago, and after trying everything alternative we could find, we then were trying with a doctor.  

This doctor gave him about eight different types of medicines all at the same time.  My son's digestion got totally ruined when previously it was mostly only reflux during this illness.  Anyway, the doctor was wrong and to save my son from possible death my son and I decided he should not take four of the medicine and go to a good traditional acupuncturist.  

One treatment, and his digestion was worlds better.  

I hear acupuncture started when soldiers looked dead during a battle, and they were laid at the side on rocks to keep the bodies out of the way until after the battle, or something like that.  I don't know if it's true.  Anyway, enough of them would recover from appearing dead after laying on the rocks.  Supposedly acupuncture was developed by observing this.  So, I think something based on rocks might be considered somewhat paleo.  

Have you tried acupuncture?  No pharmaceuticals involved and my son got well enough even though he did not drink the acupuncturist's herbs.  

Yeah I have an acupuncturist and it does help. I might try to schedule something for tomorrow if I can. He's not as traditional as most though. I just wish I had a clear cut plan of what to do to get better. Food sensitivities is an issue always in the back of my mind too. I'm supposedly moderately sensitive to eggs (probably less for raw) and honey (again, likely less for raw) and yet both of these are the staples of any digestional healing regimen. The itching I get in my throat and in small places all over my body after eating is really unnerving and tells me something is wrong, and yet just a few days ago my stomach was incredibly calm. I think I'm going to try my chicken broth for a while and eat ground turkey, and let the raw eggs aside, they might not be helping. For all I know they are what caused the problem!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:31:47 am by Spearhead »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk