Author Topic: Anti-meat articles in the media  (Read 3632 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Anti-meat articles in the media
« on: November 27, 2009, 07:35:28 pm »
I'm really worried at the large number of articles appearing in the newspapers in recent months, telling us all to stop eating meat in order to help combat climate-change(ie the fewer domesticated animals that are raised for meat, the less methane gets pumped into the atmosphere via farts). I've always been sceptical of the whole climate-change business(for example, we've had record snowfalls in the Austrian Alps the last couple of years etc.) but what worries me is that the climate-change campaign seems to be a smokescreen for environmentalists and especially the vegan fanatics. What I fear is that there will eventually  be a hefty "environmental tax" put onto the price of raw meats or that sales of meat get restricted and the like. This of course isn't the only problem we face. There's not just the anti-meat crowd but the anti-raw ones as well who wish to sterilise/pasteurise everything in sight. Fortunately, the anti-raw crowd were beaten in France over plans to give the highest quality label to pasteurised dairy, and the raw-oyster-sellers in Florida succeeded in their fight against the government.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-meat articles in the media
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 11:53:12 pm »
I've always been sceptical of the whole climate-change business(for example, we've had record snowfalls in the Austrian Alps the last couple of years etc.)

i'm pretty sure that statement is some kind of paradox... anyways, it's climate CHANGE. some areas are becoming warmer, some colder, some wetter, some drier than normal. but i agree with you. lots of anti-meat media lately. not good

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:33 am »

This is precisely why this diet needs to go more mainstream because it could become like smoking soon.

We need to come up with a good strategy to promote it and the starting point may be HEALTH. This is a reason also invoked by vegan promoters (among other things) and health is one of the most important things to people.

Of course telling someone that in x years they could suffer x,y,z will not cut it. It has to be something they can relate to immediately. That's why a person that is suffering from something and sees a post of another that cured the same thing with diet is more likely to adopt it.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:36:36 am »
Yes, this problem is convincing even me that we may need to speak up more in favor of meats and raw meats. I would rather risk meats becoming too expensive via popularity than via taxes and restrictions. I think the sacred aspect of meats and hunting to traditional societies may be one way to defend the right to eat them without pernicious taxes and restrictions, that potentially could appeal to the misguided do-gooders.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:48:35 pm »
Hmm, one of the moderators on the rawpaleodiet yahoo group stated that the best way to get our diet recognised/accepted in society was not to promote its health-giving properties as the big corporations and governments are , by their very nature, heavily biased against raw diets. Think about it, if the government even vaguely tolerated a rawpalaeo diet, then whole food-industries would go under, with grain- and dairy-sellers suffering etc. And no supermarket is going to be willing to cater to rawpalaeodieters as they want to prolong the shelf-life of their products as much as humanly possible.

Anyway, the moderator in question suggested that it would be best to simply assert our human rights to eat raw meat, even if it stinks to high heaven like high-meat. There is some logic to this:- human rights laws have become so ridiculously over-protective that there was 1 case in the UK a while back where some people hijacked a plane in Afghanistan and then requested asylum on arrival in the UK, and who were successful in that regard because of stupid EU human rights laws.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:22:06 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:28:27 pm »
...Anyway, the moderator in question suggested that it would be best to simply assert our human rights to eat raw meat, even if it stinks to high heaven like high-meat. There is some logic to this:- human rights laws have become so ridiculously over-protective that there was 1 case in the UK a while back where some people hijacked a plane in Afghanistan and then requested asylum on arrival in the UK, and who were successful in that regard because of stupid EU human rights laws.

Yes, I agree that asserting human rights in general and aboriginal rights in particular is probably the way to go to protect people's rights to eat and hunt meats, fish, etc.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk