Author Topic: Moldy fruit?  (Read 6009 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Moldy fruit?
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:20:49 am »
Hey there...

I was just wondering if it is really that bad to eat fruit (specifically berries) that have grown a small amount of mold.
I usually do eat them (as long as it's just a little bit of mold) and I've always been fine, but I'm just wondering if I'm playing
russian roulette  :o

Anyways, I'm munching on a raw grass-fed rib-eye steak right now. Couldn't be happier  ;D

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Moldy fruit?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:59:24 am »
AV actually recommends drinking moldy fruit juice for a detoxification. He says it can be intense though and last for months, I'm not sure I want to mess with that right now.

As for just a little mold I wouldn't worry about it, in fact I've never heard of a "mold sickness" amongst even cooked food eaters. There are mold infections people talk about but I've never heard that consuming mold causes them.

Satya

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:46:57 pm »
Hey there...

I was just wondering if it is really that bad to eat fruit (specifically berries) that have grown a small amount of mold.
I usually do eat them (as long as it's just a little bit of mold) and I've always been fine, but I'm just wondering if I'm playing
russian roulette  :o

Cheeses often are produced with molds, so it's not that big of a deal.  Some might be pretty nasty though, as there are many different kinds.  Some people have allergic reactions to mold.  Those with candida would probably do well to avoid mold.  You can always wash the mold off if you are worried.

Anyways, I'm munching on a raw grass-fed rib-eye steak right now. Couldn't be happier  ;D

Yeah, I am finally back from a short trip down south, where I ate paleo, but the meat was all cooked.  I am going to do NY strip steak and liver carpaccio today.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:48:58 pm by Satya »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 06:05:13 am »
Yeah, I guess it's the mold's natural defenses... they're saying "this is my fruit now!" and apparently some produce potent neurotoxins. I don't think washing it off does much as I was told by the time mold appears on the surface, it's networks already run through the inside of the fruit.
But hey, I've been fine so far right?  :D

About the steak and liver... sounds good! How do you make carpaccio? I just ate some raw liver (gonna eat some more steak in a little bit)

xylothrill

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:33:14 pm »
Yeah, I guess it's the mold's natural defenses... they're saying "this is my fruit now!" and apparently some produce potent neurotoxins. I don't think washing it off does much as I was told by the time mold appears on the surface, it's networks already run through the inside of the fruit.
But hey, I've been fine so far right?  :D

About the steak and liver... sounds good! How do you make carpaccio? I just ate some raw liver (gonna eat some more steak in a little bit)

We has a recipe for carpaccio on www.RawPaleoDiet.com

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/uploads/carpaccio.pdf

Craig
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:32:48 am by Craig »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:09:48 pm »
I'm not into eating molds in fruit.
Even during my fruitarian months.
I subscribe to Hulda Clark's opinion that molds are toxic.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk