Author Topic: Raw Meats: Are some harmful?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw Meats: Are some harmful?
« on: July 05, 2008, 08:28:53 am »
Are some raw meats harmful? Someone please help me! I read about pork and how harmful it is. How true is all of this? Are their some meats I should stay away from? (Besides processed meats and meats that come from animals who are fed an unnatural diet)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Meats: Are some harmful?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:47:39 pm »
NO, raw pork is not harmful. The whole hysteria behind trichinosis is ridiculous, especially since all western domesticated animals are routinely dewormed all the time, even organic ones. Plus, I've been eating wild meats such as wild boar/wild hare etc. for years without any side-effects, so I think it's all a load of nonsense. I might be more worried if I were eating a cooked-diet and was living in the tropics with only access to potentially- contaminated cooked-meats, but otherwise it's not an issue I worry about. There is a small segment of the raw-animal-food community who are so obsessed with the issue of parasites that they waste days on freezing meats(for 14 days) , take all sorts of unnecessary medication versus parasites etc., and, IMO, this is all simply due to hypochondria and doesn't lead to greater health, given the obsessiveness of it all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »
NO, raw pork is not harmful. The whole hysteria behind trichinosis is ridiculous, especially since all western domesticated animals are routinely dewormed all the time, even organic ones. Plus, I've been eating wild meats such as wild boar/wild hare etc. for years without any side-effects, so I think it's all a load of nonsense. I might be more worried if I were eating a cooked-diet and was living in the tropics with only access to potentially- contaminated cooked-meats, but otherwise it's not an issue I worry about. There is a small segment of the raw-animal-food community who are so obsessed with the issue of parasites that they waste days on freezing meats(for 14 days) , take all sorts of unnecessary medication versus parasites etc., and, IMO, this is all simply due to hypochondria and doesn't lead to greater health, given the obsessiveness of it all.
Thanks for the info, but what about some wild fish, and shellfish. Don't shellfish contain a toxin at certain times?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:24:03 pm »
Raw shellfish can very occasionally get affected by a phenomenon called "Red Tide" caused by overpollution etc. However, in this instance, they get recalled, so there's nothing to worry about re this issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »
Raw shellfish can very occasionally get affected by a phenomenon called "Red Tide" caused by overpollution etc. However, in this instance, they get recalled, so there's nothing to worry about re this issue.
Thanks for the info.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:11:33 pm »
Are some raw meats harmful? Someone please help me! I read about pork and how harmful it is. How true is all of this? Are their some meats I should stay away from? (Besides processed meats and meats that come from animals who are fed an unnatural diet)

If a food is harmful raw, cooking does not make it any better.  Your condiments are just fooling your taste buds.
A True food is edible raw. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:37:43 pm »
If a food is harmful raw, cooking does not make it any better.  Your condiments are just fooling your taste buds.
A True food is edible raw. 

I agree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk