Author Topic: Covert celebrities among us?  (Read 4422 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Covert celebrities among us?
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:32:58 am »
Check out this primal diet testimonial:

http://wewant2live.blogspot.com/2009/12/anti-aging-tips-from-primal-diet.html

I have been on the Primal Diet for 15 years. I think I am the third or fourth longest person behind Aajonus. I am in my early 70s. I look like I am in my late 40s; very few wrinkles, soft skin.

[This person chooses to remain anonymous as he is also a leading business figure].

------------------

Who else is a covert celebrity here?  Or has to maintain his identity secret for various reasons? And for what reasons?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Covert celebrities among us?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:22:49 am »
Why do you believe them? Even if someone posts their photographs online, they could be posting someone else. I just read that testimonial and it reads exactly how I would imagine it would if Aajonus faked it to give his diet credibility. Not saying it's a fake, but it's the exact kind of tone and language I would think a fake would use. Actually I read a fake testimonial once, my ex girlfriend's dad owned a restaurant along with his brother, and online his brother wrote a fake review to make it sound good. It was blatantly obvious to me and I felt embarrassed for him and for my gf's dad. Lastly, I'd like to point out that if this diet is so great and this person so amazing, why would allowing anyone in the world to know about it hurt them? They're a leading business figure who somehow looks 30 years younger that we've never heard of, and they refuse to talk about why? The whole thing seems fake.

Anyway, as to your question, I think most celebrities try not to define themselves by a diet, but we do have a thread about celebrities who have tried or are still on various raw or paleo diets. If I ever get famous I'll be sure to mention it if someone asks about my diet.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:43:00 pm »
Thanks for pointing out the possibility that it is a fake testimonial.  Too dodgy.  If it came with a verifiable identity it would come out as credible.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

William

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »

Who else is a covert celebrity here?  Or has to maintain his identity secret for various reasons?

I'll never tell.  ;)

And for what reasons?

Can't find my paranoid hat, otherwise there could be a long list.

carnivore

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »
" I take a nap every day because I detox every day."

Detox what ? dairy ? green juice ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:12 pm »
I'll never tell.  ;)

Can't find my paranoid hat, otherwise there could be a long list.

I'm thinking you are a big time Canadian movie star!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 06:09:00 pm »
Why do you believe them? Even if someone posts their photographs online, they could be posting someone else. I just read that testimonial and it reads exactly how I would imagine it would if Aajonus faked it to give his diet credibility. Not saying it's a fake, but it's the exact kind of tone and language I would think a fake would use. Actually I read a fake testimonial once, my ex girlfriend's dad owned a restaurant along with his brother, and online his brother wrote a fake review to make it sound good. It was blatantly obvious to me and I felt embarrassed for him and for my gf's dad. Lastly, I'd like to point out that if this diet is so great and this person so amazing, why would allowing anyone in the world to know about it hurt them? They're a leading business figure who somehow looks 30 years younger that we've never heard of, and they refuse to talk about why? The whole thing seems fake.

Well, it is vaguely plausible that he looks 30 years younger. There have been some famous people who've looked far younger than they really were, for genetic reasons etc.- with a good diet added in, there might be even  further benefits.

As for secrecy, that's inevitable on this kind of diet. Raw meat diets are still frowned upon in the modern world so that celebrities are going to be extremely reluctant to promote such a diet openly. I know there are cases like Mel Gibson/Uma Thurman et al, who who eat our kind of diet, but they have a very good reason for being discreet about it:- one of the key things that celebrities worry about is being photographed eating foods as it makes them look odd/gross etc., which is why, at parties, they often sneak out into secluded areas(eg:- inside limousines) in order to eat standard food. I can't imagine any celebrity wanting to show himself eating raw meat in public.

Also, if you're a prominent businessman, the last thing you want is any kind of controversy even if you're doing something legal. For example, there are a number of respectable, law-abiding  Mormon Fundamentalist businessmen in the US who practice polygamy in secret and who could really harm their business if they were revealed as polygamists - this, despite the fact that no State government dares, any more,  to actually prosecute polygamy(instead they target other crimes that are sometimes related, at least with regard to the FLDS but not other groups).

I'm inclined to believe that most of the testimonials given by these people are genuine simply because the Primal Diet is thriving in the US(despite the numerous issues involved re dairy but anyway..) of course the very first testimonials given are likely to be bogus. It's quite common, for example, for newly-started magazines/journals to have completely fake readers' letters for a while before they build up a sizeable readership.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 02:39:36 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:35 pm »
Who else is a covert celebrity here? 

How do you define "celebrity"? Most biz guys aren't in the supermarket tabloids, and we only have a few famous biz folk 9Bill Gates,. etc.). Most "celebrities" are movie/TV actors, musicians, sports figures, and the like.

Of course, there is the concept of celebrity on various levels and within certain circles, so I guess one has to take that into account.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk