Author Topic: I don't get how fish works.  (Read 2648 times)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
I don't get how fish works.
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:55:48 am »
On paper I don't understand how Vilhjalmur stefansson could survive on a couple of meals of fish a day. I mean, he was mostly eating white fish i.e. sea fish that is not very fatty like salmon or trout.

I also read somewhere here that if you eat too much lean protein it can cause you to get a buildup of uric acid and get gout...

So is fish somehow different than red meat because of how fast the protein is metabolized? Because I don't understand how it can give energy because it's not that high in fat.

(also I know that his energy was fine when eating nothing but fish. He wasn't eating any seal blubber or what ever)
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I don't get how fish works.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:01:07 am »
fish that far north feed exclusively on a rich food chain starting from plankton growing on some of the most nutrient dense waters in the world.  Most fish in that region have high amounts of fat, and high amounts of omega 3's.  they also ate the entire fish; if you read where they eat them fermented or frozen like popsicles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk