Author Topic: Healthy food in space?  (Read 5529 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Healthy food in space?
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:50:45 am »
One of the biggest hurdles in the RVAF community, I have always felt, was the fact that NASA and similiar space agencies always loved using highly processed foods for their astronauts.  Now, here's an article where they've finally grasped the possibility of using healthier foods for the astronauts:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/6967327/Michelin-stars-for-space-station.html

Of course, they haven't got to using raw yet. However, I always recall that one of the biggest benefits re raw animal food diets was that I stopped experiencing muscle-wastage. I wouldn't be surprised, therefore, if the less processed a food is in space, the less muscle-deterioration an astronaut experiences within a specific time-frame.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy food in space?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:55:55 am »

I also heard that they also get bone mineralization and that a possible "cure" could be to ingest clay.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:16:04 am »
I also heard that they also get bone mineralization and that a possible "cure" could be to ingest clay.

Really? I never heard of either rumour. Tell me more, give some links. I'm particularly interested in the mention of clay.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:31:41 am »
I heard David Wolfe talk about the astronauts and the clay cure while listening to a recording in his longevity program. It was a while ago and I don't remember in which file he mentioned it. Maybe we can find some research on the internet.

Here is one:

"NASA came to us for help in preserving the health of our astronauts. NASA’s manned
space center worked with our products to determine how to resolve the rapid osteoporosis
that astronauts encounter in extended zero-gravity space flights. Their scientists
conducted extensive studies of our ION-MIN compound, including comprehensive tests
on animals experiencing calcium depletion similar to space conditions. Their studies
proved that consuming ION-MIN actually increased bone density and muscle tissue;
whereas those that were given a typical calcium supplement showed no
improvement or bone loss! ION-MIN was shown to catalyze the body to stimulate
healthy bone mass retention and tissue strength.

Only Clay That NASA Approved for Use for Astronauts in Space is Terramin
Use Link to See the Video Featuring TERRAMIN from California Earth Mineral
http://www.californiaearthminerals.com/science/video.php
"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:38:22 am by majormark »

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 02:13:43 am »
I have a buddy back from his second tour in Afghanistan who says the military is not only adding more fruits & veggies to their standard meal plans, but adding lots of fresh, raw foods. I doubt that includes raw meat, but....

Not sure how one would go about eating raw food if one were on a short-term shuttle mission, but growing food for longer term missions is a good idea that has been discussed.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

William

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:19 am »

Not sure how one would go about eating raw food if one were on a short-term shuttle mission, but growing food for longer term missions is a good idea that has been discussed.

Pemmican is the obvious answer, but the difficulty is getting past the carbohydrate addiction.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:39:08 am »
I have a buddy back from his second tour in Afghanistan who says the military is not only adding more fruits & veggies to their standard meal plans, but adding lots of fresh, raw foods. I doubt that includes raw meat, but....

That's odd. I'd heard quite different stories, that the US army was constantly searching for ways to process foods as much as possible without reducing nutritional content too much. I remember vaguely some research done into making precooked burgers last as long as 3 years before consumption.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 08:57:52 am »
Pemmican is the obvious answer, but the difficulty is getting past the carbohydrate addiction.

NASA needs pemmican consultants.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 10:16:52 am »
 That's odd. I'd heard quite different stories, that the US army was constantly searching for ways to process foods as much as possible without reducing nutritional content too much. I remember vaguely some research done into making precooked burgers last as long as 3 years before consumption.

Makes me think of when they served meals on planes.  The food at times was atrocious. Case in point: The apples had no flavor inside them and the peels tasted more bitter than ever imagined on an apple.  I don't know what they did to them, but I don't see how it could be natural.  At least people likely would not get apples like those on a mission in space.  A lot of SAD'ers only go for pretty looking food anyway, as their taste buds only work for MSG and other enhancers.  Maybe the apples were somehow an experiment to make them last for space missions in the future.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »
    Makes me think of when they served meals on planes.  The food at times was atrocious. Case in point: The apples had no flavor inside them and the peels tasted more bitter than ever imagined on an apple.  I don't know what they did to them, but I don't see how it could be natural.  At least people likely would not get apples like those on a mission in space.  A lot of SAD'ers only go for pretty looking food anyway, as their taste buds only work for MSG and other enhancers.  Maybe the apples were somehow an experiment to make them last for space missions in the future. 
I always remember the deciedly low quality of aircraft food and school food back in the day. All foul stuff. In pre-RPD days I had to refuse offered meals on planes as I would otherwise often vomit. I did hear vaguely of 1 or more airlines offering either vegan or raw vegan meals for a few customers but I doubt they'll ever go rawpalaeo due to hysteria re food-poisoning.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk