Author Topic: Further rawpaleodiet.com updates  (Read 4287 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Further rawpaleodiet.com updates
« on: December 23, 2009, 01:48:50 am »
I'm just writing this down for memorisation re updating for  rawpaleodiet.com. I really need to add that article by randy Roach about raw-food-eating bodybuilders of the past. There's still the tedious book-reviews I have to do re taubes/price/the half-finished Cordain piece etc. - terribly boring stuff which I can only face if I steel myself to stay up a whole night to do each book review. I think I'll add some (or most) of the info for newbies threads, maybe in more completed/expanded form on rawpaleodiet.com(I'm surprised they haven't been viewed that much on this forum, so far)

Other than that, I could make a link to the "what are you eating?" thread as it's very useful.

I have no idea what to put in the exercise section. Perhaps an article or two emphasising the superior strength/physical fitness of Neolithic and Palaeolithic peoples by comparison to modern man(that trireme article, for instance). Possibly some articles on bodyweight training( I don't imagine that weight-training can really be viewed as "palaeo"). The news/updates section is only for major overhauls of the site, I presume.

Feel free to comment or suggest other additions to that site.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Further rawpaleodiet.com updates
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 02:53:34 pm »
I'm quite interested in your book review on GCBC and the articles on paleo strength would be fascinating as well. Though clearly there was no weight training, I'm sure paleo man encountered some form of resistance when it came to hunting, finding a home, fighting other men,etc. Barbell and dumbbell/kettlebell work is safe and effective and perhaps the best way to get the same kind of explosive functional strength that paleo man possessed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »
It'll take time, I seem to be the primary contributor, and I keep getting distracted. I would love it if 1 of our members could at least do a critical review of AV's books.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:59:48 pm »
I would also like (someone else more qualified) to write a sticky thread on how to deal with Candida, as it's a common issue raised by RVAFers.

Plus, I really need to do a raw diet myths section on rawpaleodiet.com debunking many of the myths/false beliefs in the RVAF diet community(eg:- belief in the D'Adamo blood-type diet theory, belief that it's impossible to be allergic to raw foods like raw dairy).  I would love to include the common belief that you don't need to drink water on a raw diet, but the  adherents of the theory would undoubtedly object very strongly, so I'll leave it out as it's not, technically,  concensus.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:30:30 am »
I would also like (someone else more qualified) to write a sticky thread on how to deal with Candida, as it's a common issue raised by RVAFers.

Plus, I really need to do a raw diet myths section on rawpaleodiet.com debunking many of the myths/false beliefs in the RVAF diet community(eg:- belief in the D'Adamo blood-type diet theory, belief that it's impossible to be allergic to raw foods like raw dairy).  I would love to include the common belief that you don't need to drink water on a raw diet, but the  adherents of the theory would undoubtedly object very strongly, so I'll leave it out as it's not, technically,  concensus.

I'm willing to write the sticky thread on candida--I'll mention coconut oil, sea salt, and ZC as common methods.  If there are other methods, I'd be willing to write about those too. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 06:42:33 pm »
I'm willing to write the sticky thread on candida--I'll mention coconut oil, sea salt, and ZC as common methods.  If there are other methods, I'd be willing to write about those too. 

Great stuff, post the sticky in the info for newbies section. Thanks.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk