Author Topic: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!  (Read 82632 times)

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 12:32:19 am »
Whatever we're all created to do one thing.  HUNT!  Don't tell me this genetic crap about butts.  Everyone needs big butts to hunt.  If everyone ate right, and chased animals and lifted things, I guarantee there butt would develop correctly.  I used to think asians have no butts.  They sure don't over here in DC, my viewpoint changed when I was up in Orange County, CA.  Not every damn study is valid.  Use your noggin dude.  And even if it were genetic, it still takes protein to develop a butt.  So it still goes back to diet.  We all have malnutrition, more or less.
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 12:45:57 am »
Hi redfulcrum, which one out of 4 in the pic is you?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 01:30:15 am »
So go to Wallgreens, take off your shirt, get a strip of three pictures taken and put them on line.  Next week,  after you've put on another ten pounds of MUSCLE, do the same at Wallgreens.    You appear most naive that even if you have put on ten pounds of muscle, that you know now the real truth about diet and health.  Let's just see what happens in the near future and not so near.  Oh, and how taking your blood sugar levels at regular intervals for this period of time.  For if you're right about all of this,   other world 'experts' will be knocking at your door for more information.  And you'll  be on your way to becoming famous.  Not that that would be what you'd want.  But probably would happen anyway.   Keep us posted.

William

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 01:36:12 am »
Hi redfulcrum, which one out of 4 in the pic is you?

I bet the one in front.

That pink shirt is a lot pinker than my pink shirt!  :D

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:43 am »
Yup sure did, I learned that Asian people on internet forums are more entertaining than some of the comedians on comedy central, but somehow I don't think that was the lesson you wanted me to learn  ;D
I wish I was a think tank like you so I could not only understand your super high intelligence theories but also to get all the girls... okay okay i'll give it one more try, let me re-read your post...  :o

I totally get it now, you are SOO RIGHT! That cow analogy just made everything so clear, how did I not think of this before (well I'm not a think tank duh), your theory has absolutely no flaws now!
I mean regardless if during the bellevue trial, the scientist tried to force Stefansson to eat just lean meat for a week and the only results they got was weakness, loss of weight, diarrea, etc... (basically rabbit starvation) They must have just forgot to put in the results that Stefansson grew 10 pounds of muscle!
OH and who cares about those reports from explorers talking about different hunter gatherers who would actually refuse to eat lean meat and actually munch on some vegetation instead. They just didn't know what you knew! How foolish where they thinking that they needed FAT or at least carbs to go with protein...  ;D
I know, I know, it sounds like I'm just a hater who is going to be a slave with the rest of society but hey you should at least be somewhat happy that I do agree with some things that you said, mostly that I think it's good for the human body to once in a while gorge on meat. However, I have a problem with your macronutrient ratios. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is any magical ratio that a human needs to measure on a daily basis but to purposely set protein intake over 50% of daily calories, in my opinion is not a good idea. But the thing is, I'm starting to think that in reality we aren't actually disagreeing, I just think your estimates on how much protein to fat you are eating are wrong (so much for Asians being good at math too....), even if a person were to eat just chuck steaks and therefore including the thin but visible surrounding fat they would in reality be consuming around 60% of calories from FAT!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:18:03 am by Christopher »

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 02:34:17 am »
I bet the one in front.

That pink shirt is a lot pinker than my pink shirt!  :D

Actually it turns out that redfulcrum is the dark skinned guy with the pink shirt. No wonder you gained 10 pounds of muscle when you were extremely skinny to begin with...

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 04:03:08 am »
Do you mind providing the board with the full details of your experiment?

What exactly and what amount where you eating before you started. What made you decide on the amount of meat to consume? My calculations come up with 11-13 pounds of meat per day, or around 70-90 pounds for the week. How much total weight did you gain? Did you cook the meat? How much did you weigh before and how much do you weigh now? Are you still eating the same amount? Have you continued to increase muscle mass? Did you test your strength before and after?

How do you know how much muscle you gained? Did you measure body-fat percentage? If you continue eating 12 pounds of meat a day will you continue to add muscle at the same rate?

Thanks for the time

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 04:24:19 am »
My calculations come up with 11-13 pounds of meat per day, or around 70-90 pounds for the week.

i'm curious how you came up with your calculations.  why 11-13 pounds per day?

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 04:33:33 am »
God there are so many douchebags on this forum.

He's sharing an experiment obviously he's totally pumped with the results. Perhaps it's not 10lbs or perhaps it is?

How about you clean up your act? I for one really appreciate this post.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 04:36:19 am »
Assuming lean beef is 90/10  which means that it is 10% fat and 90% non-fat protein and water. The part that is free of fat is about 80% water. So a 100g piece of meat would be 10g fat and 18g protein (90g x .2) and 72g water. You can check the usda nutritional data base to check the exactness. To achieve 1000g of protein you'd need 5-6 kg (6kg*.18 = 1080g protein) of meat.

Even if the meat had no fat which is impossible, you'd get 20g of protein per 100g making 5 kg or 11 pounds the minimum.

Actually, I just checked the database found here http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

From a 100g 95/5 sample of ground beef there was  21.4g (77% not 80%) protein not the 19g my method provided so my calcs are going to be 10% higher so he'd need to eat 10-12 pounds to get 1000g protein.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:44:29 am by Paleo Donk »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010, 04:52:12 am »
Paleo Donk, your logic does not make sense.

If I gain 1lb of muscle it does not mean I gained 1lb of pure protein.  Human muscles are not that much different from other meats and are probably 70-80% water by weight.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:02 am »
On the topic of women, has anyone else experienced getting more looks from women?   I'm 33 and i've never gotten attention from them but lately when i'm walking around in a mall, maybe 1 or 2 women out of 100+ might check me out a lil, that doesn't happen often but it never did before, ever. Something changed for sure, i can't tell what it is because i don't think i look different other than gaining 5 pounds. I've been cooked ZC for 6 months, slowly transitionning to raw ZC because cooked meat gives me post-nasal drip (mucus). Before ZC, i was either SAD or raw vegan, i've pretty much never eaten meat in my life because when i was SAD, i rarely ate meat, mostly pasta, beans, etc. There has to be something to a meat diet that makes us more desirable to females.

ps: this thread is funny.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010, 05:11:27 am »
ys, there is no logic its just math, you just haven't understood it. He said he was eating 1000g of protein a day. To get this amount you need 10-12 pounds of meat. I do know human muscle is about the same percentage of water as that of cow muscle, so you could eat 10-12 pounds of human meat if you wanted to and get about the same amount of protein.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 05:14:02 am »
you are right, i have not read it through.

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:22 am »
oh really forthehunt? I'm a douchebag because I asked for explanations or some kind of proof but instead I got silly nonsensical answers and analogies? Perhaps afterwards, I've been a sarcastic "douchebag" as you claim but at least I'm not gullible like you. How about you actually read the bellevue trial or google rabbit starvation if you really want to know what happens when a person stuffs themselves with lean meat. Or better yet, prove this douchebag wrong, take some pictures of yourself now and do mr. redfulcrums experiment for a week (even though it takes less than that lol) and after you've build the 10 pounds of muscles you can not only TELL us how great it was but actually SHOW us...

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2010, 06:08:06 am »
I give up.  I'm a stupid liar.  You win Christopher. 

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2010, 06:53:30 am »
alright redfulcrum, you win! I'm a stupid hater. You're right

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2010, 07:04:32 am »
God there are so many douchebags on this forum.

He's sharing an experiment obviously he's totally pumped with the results. Perhaps it's not 10lbs or perhaps it is?

How about you clean up your act? I for one really appreciate this post.

Frankly, I don't want to see the kid hurt himself.
If he's somehow managed to attain even a third of what he's bragging about he's putting his body through a lot of stress and it's really, really not healthy.
I'm tired of trying to reason though; let him add some chlorine to the gene pool as it needs it.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2010, 07:10:50 am »
You goofball redfulcrum. you did a 5 day experiment and are back here waving your dick around with your amazing results?  I am sure that you believe that happened, but how do you know you put on 10lbs of muscle? I mean you have just eaten 50lbs of meat.  If meat is mainly water mabye you are just swollen or something?  im trying to say that a single, 5 day experiment is not something that i would concider official results.
That's not paleo.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2010, 07:32:06 am »
This thread is entertaining.
I myself cannot consume more than 1 kg of raw meat a day.
Won't fit in my stomach.  I'm a small asian man.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2010, 07:32:42 am »
Christopher, I apologize for the ego trip I've been giving you.  You did say you were a new member and so was I at one time.  I am willing to turn off my ego for the benefit of everyone else and yours.  So let's try keep this post going intelligently and objectively.  Again, I am sorry.  

FYI, I only look young and small in the avatar because I just came off a very long fast.  The others know how much I preach about fasting.  I am currently 170lbs. at 5'9" and 28 years old.  I think I was about 150 in that pic, which was taken in early December.  That girl in the pic decided to have a "Pretty in Pink" theme for her birthday night out.   Besides, I can rock pink, or shall I say SALMON. :)

Back to this mystery muscle development.  I've been sitting around thinking why don't the numbers add up.  I really didn't count how much meat I ate.  It wasn't a exactly a controlled experiment.  So I will tell you how it all happened and why I decided to venture this route.

I was researching something called the ANABOLIC DRIVE last week.  It's a term they use in bodybuilding when there's an excess amount of amino acids in your blood, it makes your body want to soak it up like a sponge.  Kind of like the same way high blood sugar works, it has to go somewhere, otherwise you have a problem.  It is said to turn on all the anabolic hormones when this happens.  Insulin, Testosterone, etc...  

I already knew that to gain muscle you needed an excess amount of calories, but do they all have to be dependent on each other.  For example, in the ANABOLIC DIET, you're told to eat 40% protein and 60% fat and the carb is negligible because I don't do them and it said no more than 30g or so.  So bulking up would mean you kept the same ratio and just increase the calories.  You know how I don't like it when things sound like doctrine.  So, I figured why not just eat maintenance and add more protein calories.  Protein is what build most of the muscle tissue, not fat.  Sounded like a plan for a lean bulk.  

From there I said, what the heck.  Been there before, it's not so bad.  I've had rabbit starvation before, it's easy to deal with, just eat some fat when you start feeling sick.  

So, I ventured into the abyss.  I was on a force feeding mission.  Drank beer and ate meat.  Ate meat with rice.  At meat every 2 hours.  Stayed up all night eating meat.  Eating is very hard when you're trying to bulk up.  It's not enjoyable.  Go ask Taylor Lautner when he bulked up for NEW MOON.  It took him 8 months.  I doubt he's determined as I was, but he's a busy dude. I got time on my hands.  So for the whole week, it was just meat.  Obviously, I am not working or have a life at the moment because school is out.  For all of you that don't know, I just separated from the Navy last May.  

Things I've noticed:

-Beautiful skin regeneration
-Hair regeneration
-Stronger nails
-Healed joints- no more clicks (I was thinking about getting glucosamine, but then I looked at the word GLUCOSAMINE, turns out it's made from amino acids and glucose.  What a ripoff product, just eat meat.)  
-Healed infections- thrush, jock itch, ear pain
-Bigger muscles
-Increased Libido- increased size in you know what.  Maybe Nitric Oxide?  ;)
-Major heat generation- had to sleep naked without covers sometimes.  Could explain the why numbers don't add up.  Protein has a TEF of 30%.  
-Increased Thirst-  HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE

That's about it.  I thought I said I could eat 1000 grams, even more in one WHOLE day.  That's 24 hours.  Maybe it's not as easy as I make it sound, but it's doable.  It's a job, believe me.  Counterstrike, beer and meat a whole day isn't so bad.  The beer is for the insulin drive.  It minimizes most use of your other macronutrients when you are drinking.  Remember I ate a normal fatty diet for maintenance and the extra was all lean.  I had all types of organ meats and avocado for maintenance and took many supplements including fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil.  

5 days later diarrhea, more muscle and minimal fat gains.  Believe me, I starred in the mirror the whole time.  It was amazing how much change you can force your body to go through.  

Any other questions?  I hope I'm helping you guys.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2010, 07:53:12 am »
I like hearing about this personal experiment.
It is understandable to gain a good deal of weight if you just came from a long fast.
This makes me want to experiment on myself.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline alpha78

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2010, 08:13:08 am »
I have Just read true the post sounds good :-) 
Well this im writing now is a litle background why im here. It all started when i bought this new dog german sheperd very active dog and very much predator/hunter type of dog i promized myself to give her good food too so i studied and found Barf the best choice. If u compare this bitch with other dogs u will notice my dog is loaded with muscles and looks great the above u describe with hair skin etc all matches inline too with a dog, but let me state that my dog has been eating better than me for over a year know, houston we have a problem i NEED MEAT TOO and raw, redicilius somehow to think about it but i must say to people its time to wake up! including me !

look at us humans we are predators! hint predatory chain try google it, Raymond and Lorna Coppinger (1) describe basic canine predatory behaviors in seven steps: orient, eye, stalk, chase, grab-bite, kill-bite, dissect.

we are the only animal cooking food LOL LOL

alpha78

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2010, 08:20:24 am »
How much bigger did your wang get?

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2010, 08:25:31 am »
This thread is ludicrous. Gaining 10lbs of muscle in less than a week is impossible, and you most certainly will gain fat on zero carb if you gorge and don't exercise. Check what forum you are in - most of us are not only familiar with but have actually been on or are on this diet. I'm glad you're seeing positives from it though, but don't exaggerate so much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk