Author Topic: Are any of you just plain body bulders and what are your results?  (Read 11189 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Hi,
im going 100% raw soon and was planning on eating 30% raw meat. I regularly weight lift and was wondering what were all of your results when being raw meat eaters? Do you gain more muscle? Is your recovery time lessened?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Are any of you just plain body bulders and what are your results?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:00:53 pm »
I find it easier to gain muscle on a raw diet. Though I naturally have to keep weightlifting etc. in order to maintain really large muscles.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:32 pm »
Bodybuilding technically refers to those buffoons who lift weights to alter their appearance.  They generally do several different exercises with high repititions for many different muscle groups. They generally have the largest (hypetrophy) muscles but not necessarily much strength behind. They tend to have little real functionality. I  highly suggest that no one trains this way. Many of these guys use steroids or take ridiculous amounts of supplements, spend hours in the gym every week, shave their body hair, fake tan, etc.. They do have huge gunz though.

If you want to lift properly there is a fantastic book called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe with all the information you will need to get started. You only work out 3 times a week with just 3 exercises. You focus on full body compound movements like squat, deadlift, press, powerclean and bench. This is basically all I do and I am stronger than >98% of the people that walk through my globo gym door and only workout twice a week.

Heres the Starting Strength wiki that should get you started

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:28 pm »
I've just started weights again.

Starting strength is great. The only excercise I don't do is the power clean because of my shit technique. I'm thinking of lessons like you got PaleoDonk.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:30:50 am »
Yes SS is great and I view it as a great complement to RPD. I got a coach for specifically olympic lifting not for SS.  Olympic lifts are very difficult to execute well and coaching is almost a neccesity if you want to move up after a certain point. The coach however overworked me and I was never able to fully recover  and felt slower and not as explosive after 4 months with him. I think once or twice a week would have been ideal  but I was in there 3 times a week almost every week. He was giving me lessons for almost free! So I thought I had to take advantage.

It could have been my low carb diet getting in the way, my massive alcohol consumption at this time, my early a.m. workouts or other smaller injuries that I ignored, but my progress slowed substantially when I dropped my SS routine for oly lifting. My  strength started progressing when I went back to SS and dropped the oly lifting and started resting more. I still do oly lifts from the hang to increase my explosiveness(if thats possible) as much as I can. Oly lifts are supposedly the ultimate gift to the body with respects to speed, power, flexibility and overall applicability to all things functional in life.

But, yes, if you are having trouble with the lifts get a coach. It is vitally important to have good form first before putting on weight. I had some pretty annoying shoulder problems when oly lifting with bad form. Thankfully I quit in time that no permanent damage set it in.

If you can't find a coach, record yourself and put the videos up on here so we can critique you. You can even visit strengthmill.com and put your vids there, Rippetoe himself posts a lot and will comment on your form.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »
    What are you eating now kurite?  What will the other seventy percent be?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 03:08:12 pm »
All fruit, vegetables and nuts make up the other 70%. I believe that humans are omnivores by nature so thats what i follow
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »
All fruit, vegetables and nuts make up the other 70%. I believe that humans are omnivores by nature so thats what i follow

Would you mind me asking if the other 30% of your calories are from cooked meat for now?

I believe we are omnivores too.  I know I'm one, that's for sure.  Eating fruit, veg and RAFs works for my body better than excluding what has proven to be in my life important building blocks and best fuel sources.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:20 am »
I find it easier to gain muscle on a raw diet. Though I naturally have to keep weightlifting etc. in order to maintain really large muscles.

Same here. I find eating 100% raw meat makes me feel great, thus having energetic workouts, thus building / maintaining muscle.

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:37:10 am »
Same here. I find eating 100% raw meat makes me feel great, thus having energetic workouts, thus building / maintaining muscle.

Lowcarb, Im getting back into weight lifting tomorrow...what kind of post workout meal suits you the best?
"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 11:11:14 am »
I only eat my main meal at 9PM. It is the same meat I always eat. When I train in the morning on Saturdays, I don't eat again until 9. I train 6-7:30 on weeknights, and again eat at 9PM. I don't believe in specific "post-workout" nutrition.

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 11:30:31 am »
I only eat my main meal at 9PM. It is the same meat I always eat. When I train in the morning on Saturdays, I don't eat again until 9. I train 6-7:30 on weeknights, and again eat at 9PM. I don't believe in specific "post-workout" nutrition.

Your schedule seems pretty tight-knit, work has you on lock down?
Well whatever it is youre doing, keep it up

Im going to try an experiment next week that involves post workout meal
of just protein + fat.. Ill be trying different ratios maybe two weeks at a time and see
which one puts out the most bang! 

Ill keep you and the forum posted
"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 04:42:58 am »

Did your body change much recently as a result of the diet change?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 07:29:16 am »
Rawzi for now it is cooked but im working on eating raw meat. It still makes me gag. I know its just the way i was brought up to think, that raw meat is gross.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:29 am »
Did your body change much recently as a result of the diet change?

Yes. On raw ZC, I was astounded at not only how lean by abs and waist got, but the definition in my abs. Also, my strength is increasing, and thus my muscle definition. I can also eat more and more raw and not put on one ounce.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:47:47 am »
Yes. On raw ZC, I was astounded at not only how lean by abs and waist got, but the definition in my abs. Also, my strength is increasing, and thus my muscle definition. I can also eat more and more raw and not put on one ounce.

Is your avatar a current picture? I'm of the mindset that it would be very difficult to gain unwanted body fat from raw meat, for some people impossible. Anyway, you look very lean in your picture, almost too lean if I may betray my tastes in female bodies. Good for you and keep it up.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 09:46:18 am »
Is your avatar a current picture? I'm of the mindset that it would be very difficult to gain unwanted body fat from raw meat, for some people impossible. Anyway, you look very lean in your picture, almost too lean if I may betray my tastes in female bodies. Good for you and keep it up.

Thanks, Kyle. Yes, I do have a lean look but I have never liked curves. Call me a bitch  :D but I like a lean but muscular female body. Too many curves are like fat lumps to me.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 06:25:23 am »
Bodybuilding technically refers to those buffoons who lift weights to alter their appearance.  They generally do several different exercises with high repititions for many different muscle groups. They generally have the largest (hypetrophy) muscles but not necessarily much strength behind. They tend to have little real functionality. I  highly suggest that no one trains this way. Many of these guys use steroids or take ridiculous amounts of supplements, spend hours in the gym every week, shave their body hair, fake tan, etc.. They do have huge gunz though.

If you want to lift properly there is a fantastic book called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe with all the information you will need to get started. You only work out 3 times a week with just 3 exercises. You focus on full body compound movements like squat, deadlift, press, powerclean and bench. This is basically all I do and I am stronger than >98% of the people that walk through my globo gym door and only workout twice a week.

Heres the Starting Strength wiki that should get you started

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

Thanks for the book recommendation.  I've just ordered it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk