Author Topic: Does anyone know the tribe that only ate meat?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Does anyone know the tribe that only ate meat?
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:15:30 am »
Just wondering i heard about them a while ago and forgot the name of the people. Apparently their diet is like 99% meat.
Thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Does anyone know the tribe that only ate meat?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:28 am »
    The one in Siberia that the magazine article told about?  I think some of their meat they actually prefer eating frozen, like doing that instead of cooking.  I don't think they ever cook anything at all.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:42:19 am »
It could be one of the Arctic/northern First Nations peoples: Chukchi, Evenk, Inuit, Ket (Deng) and Nganasan, Khanty, Mansi, Namgis, Nenet, Sami, etc. Most of them eat some other wild foods than meat/seafood in the summer, but not much. Unfortunately, they increasingly have been eating modern foods too, some nations more than others.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:21:58 pm »
The Nenets are described as eating berries also in quantity, and while they usually eat their meats raw , they do boil them sometimes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 05:32:05 pm »
The Nenets are described as eating berries also in quantity, and while they usually eat their meats raw , they do boil them sometimes.
Yes, I know, and there are a wide range of diet variations within the various Arctic First Nations, but those cultures are the closest I can think of to what Kurite might be referring to. The Greenland Inuit are the only ones I've seen reported to literally have a 99% animal food diet (though the video I recently saw on a coastal Chukchi tribe indicated they ate only walrus and whale--but my guess is they may also eat some berries and other small tundra plants in the summer), so maybe that's the one he was thinking of.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk